Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a civ so take this FWIW, but I'd go with shorty. I just measured out the lengths and 10.5" is rather long. I like mine a little longer than the 7.75" which you might attain when the stock contacts you vest (if this is a patrol rifle). You might also be able to add a larger butt pad to gain length. With the longer one you're stuck.

What will it be used for?
    Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity

Comment

• Patrol rifle. I'm open to all opinions - whether to get the regular length or if the shorter would be better for whatever reason...

Comment

• Shorter, because a combat stance has you SQUARED to your target, not bladed.
        J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by OperatorEX
          (oops, didn't see that you are not a cop)
          That's OK. When I was younger I had excellent vision, including way above average 'night vision'. I can still see pretty good at night, but not good enough to trust my life or anyone else's on it.

I'll eventually break down and put good lights on my HD guns. Old habits die hard.
          sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• Originally posted by toasterlocker View Post
            You know the companies I mentioned make single mode lights, don't you?

Also, new G2s have aluminum heads.

Additionally, flashlights are relatively simple products (an aluminum tube, a switch, and electronics for the actual light.) Your not going to sell me on the idea that Surefire somehow does this better than any of the companies I mentioned.

If anything thing, Surefire sometimes do worse. It is NOT kind of like the Colt vs others arguments. That is just a false perception that comes from the fact that Surefire WAS the best for awhile, but not everyone has caught on to the fact they aren't anymore.
            Paying a premium price for Surefire is worth it for me because I know I'm getting a product whose manufacturer stands behind it 110%... and if by some freak occurrence you get a defective light or if something happens to your light no matter how long you have it, and it's even your fault, they remedy the situation no questions asked.

...which is more than you can say for Fenix. 24 month warranty, and after that they charge for parts? And your light probably has to go to China for warranty repairs, too... I'm not sure.

But I can honestly say I'm happy with my Fenix (PD-20). It's a hell of a light.

The PD-20 cost me $57... but if I'd had $120 in my wallet, I would have bought the SF E2DL beside it, without a second thought.

I own Streamlight, Fenix, Olight, SureFire, and Inova products and hope to get to EagleTac, Dereelight, etc. soon, So I like to think my opinion counts for something.

My preference for Surefire isn't snobbery... I know there's other great stuff out there.
            Last edited by Till; 07-13-2009, 01:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Till View Post
              ...which is more than you can say for Fenix. 24 month warranty, and after that they charge for parts? And your light probably has to go to China for warranty repairs, too... I'm not sure. ....

My preference for Surefire isn't snobbery... I know there's other great stuff out there.
              I know it isn't snobbery with you. Most others are poorly informed though.

While I can't speak for the manufacturers warranty on Fenix lights, I know the US distributor 4sevens will bend over backwards to help a customer.

Comment

• Originally posted by jwise View Post
                Shorter, because a combat stance has you SQUARED to your target, not bladed.
                That's what I was thinking also. Was thinking of any advantages the longer one had, but couldn't really think of it. Ordered the short stock. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by toasterlocker View Post
                  You know the companies I mentioned make single mode lights, don't you? Yeah but who buys them? Especially since a 6P + Malkoff combo is available.

Also, new G2s have aluminum heads. Only the LED models, the regular G2 still has a Nitrolon head

Additionally, flashlights are relatively simple products (an aluminum tube, a switch, and electronics for the actual light.) Your not going to sell me on the idea that Surefire somehow does this better than any of the companies I mentioned. And who else has the vast assortment of weapon mounts and switching options? Yeah yeah tapeswitches are "bad", yada, yada... Also, a Surefire X300 or a Streamlight TLR-1 on the 12 o'clock rail is becoming increasingly popular.

If anything thing, Surefire sometimes do worse. It is NOT kind of like the Colt vs others arguments. That is just a false perception that comes from the fact that Surefire WAS the best for awhile, but not everyone has caught on to the fact they aren't anymore. Opinion, not fact

Comment

• Looked around and didn't find the answer to this ( I admittedly didn't look very hard) My wife got me some P-Mags for my birthday. I have never owned these before. I know I need to use the clips when they are loaded up to prevent splitting. What about when I have one in the mag well. I know obviously the the clip is off at this point but should I keep using my H&K as the mag I keep loaded or is it safe to keep the P-Mag in for long periods? I didn't know if the mag well acts as the clip.

Hobbsie

Comment

• I didn't realize that's what the clips were for..
                      Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by FiremanMike View Post
                        I didn't realize that's what the clips were for..
                        That is what I was told. I would be happy to disreguard. I don't live in a particularly sandy environment.

Comment

• I thought the clips were to keep crap out of the mag during storage. I don't see how they would affect the structural integrity of the mag.

Comment

• Apparenty in the earlier model pmags the stress from loaded rounds caused some feed lip creep in a small number of cases. The clip is designed to apply pressure from the outside of the lips, thus eliminating the problem. And also to keep stuff out of the mag.

The cracking hobbsie is refering to was seen in a small percentage of mags early on. It was seen after they were dropped on hard surfaces. It happened on the back of the mag, top left of the spine. The issue was said to have been caused by improper injection in the moulding process which magpul fixed a while back.
                            Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity

Comment

• Originally posted by nadler20 View Post
                              Apparenty in the earlier model pmags the stress from loaded rounds caused some feed lip creep in a small number of cases. The clip is designed to apply pressure from the outside of the lips, thus eliminating the problem. And also to keep stuff out of the mag.

The cracking hobbsie is refering to was seen in a small percentage of mags early on. It was seen after they were dropped on hard surfaces. It happened on the back of the mag, top left of the spine. The issue was said to have been caused by improper injection in the moulding process which magpul fixed a while back.

I take this to mean I'm good to go

Comment

• Ah, NUTS! Not this again... Ok, look: Magpul DIDN'T KNOW FOR SURE IF THE MAG FEEDLIPS WOULD HOLD UP IN LONG TERM STORAGE. For good measure, they included a magazine cap that would put pressure on the top-loaded cartridge, relieving pressure from the feedlips. This was ONLY A SAFETY PRECAUTION, NOT A NECESSARY MEASURE. The spine crack issue was VERY limited, and was not in any way caused by leaving the magazine loaded without using the cap.

In summary, throw the caps away unless you feel the need to use them as dust covers.
                                J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9799 users online. 491 members and 9308 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X