Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to Menards today, Ill pickup some #60 rings. We'll see what all this fuss is about.
    On the other hand, Lake County Gun Show is today, I'm looking forward to it.
    I shoot, therefore I am.

Comment

• Originally posted by toasterlocker View Post
      You will be just fine with a Fenix, Eagle Tac, or any 6P/G2 light with a Malkoff drop-in. Surefire snobbery is a habit of the uninformed. Surefire makes fine lights, but anyone who thinks they are worth the mark-up hasn't done their research.

Multi-mode lights that can be accidentally left on the wrong setting? I'll pass.

Malk-off Drop-ins are great. I have a M60 and a P7. It is generally ill-advised to use a M60 in a standard G2 due to heat issues and the plastic head.

It's not snobbery. It's stuff that has been proven to work under harsh conditions. Kind of like the Colt vs. everyone else arguments.

Comment

• I'm not a big fan of lights on weapons. I like the idea of the other guy telling me where he/she is instead of the other way around... but that's my own limited way of thinking.

I do have a UTG LT-EL268 150 Lumens that does a pretty good job of lighting things up. How durable/reliable is it? I don't know... but then I'm old fashioned and don't put much trust in battery powered electronics.

FWIW, the light is back in the box, been there for several months.
        sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• Originally posted by zeplin View Post
          I'm not a big fan of lights on weapons. I like the idea of the other guy telling me where he/she is instead of the other way around... but that's my own limited way of thinking.

I do have a UTG LT-EL268 150 Lumens that does a pretty good job of lighting things up. How durable/reliable is it? I don't know... but then I'm old fashioned and don't put much trust in battery powered electronics.

FWIW, the light is back in the box, been there for several months.
          I take it that you don't drive a car then.

The advantages of a weapon mounted light far out-weigh any disadvantages one might perceive.

For starters, one uses a weapon light in brief bursts. The very basic concept is "light, move". Watching a light flicker on and off, moving around is very hard to pinpoint. Even harder is shooting into a light that is shined directly at you.

Comment

• Anyone tried the CAT M4 tool? Looks like it could make cleaning a little easier. Not sure if it's worth the $ and wanted to see if anyone had firsthand knowledge of its usefulness.

I'll give a +1 for the Fenix TK11 weaponlight. I own several more expensive lights, but this one is more durable, brighter and was only $76 & that included shipping.

Comment

• Originally posted by beavo451 View Post
              I take it that you don't drive a car then.

Car??? What's a car?

The advantages of a weapon mounted light far out-weigh any disadvantages one might perceive.

For starters, one uses a weapon light in brief bursts. The very basic concept is "light, move". Watching a light flicker on and off, moving around is very hard to pinpoint. Point well taken. In fact I should have known that.Even harder is shooting into a light that is shined directly at you.Again, point well taken.
              sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• Anyone have anything good/bad to say about YHM rear flip up BUIS?
                Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by zeplin View Post
                  I'm not a big fan of lights on weapons. I like the idea of the other guy telling me where he/she is instead of the other way around... but that's my own limited way of thinking.
                  Weapon light does not mean search light. You don't turn it on and walk around pretending you are the Gestapo in a bad WWII prisoner of war movie. I have pretty good night vision, I will search quite a bit without the light at all, only using it where I absolutely cannot see, and once finding the subject, temporarily blinding him and disorienting him.

Comment

• And since we're talking about lights, I give you the Inova T1MP (100 lms) in a VLTOR offset mount:

Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity

Comment

• Originally posted by beavo451 View Post

Multi-mode lights that can be accidentally left on the wrong setting? I'll pass.

Malk-off Drop-ins are great. I have a M60 and a P7. It is generally ill-advised to use a M60 in a standard G2 due to heat issues and the plastic head.

It's not snobbery. It's stuff that has been proven to work under harsh conditions. Kind of like the Colt vs. everyone else arguments.
                      You know the companies I mentioned make single mode lights, don't you?

Also, new G2s have aluminum heads.

Additionally, flashlights are relatively simple products (an aluminum tube, a switch, and electronics for the actual light.) Your not going to sell me on the idea that Surefire somehow does this better than any of the companies I mentioned.

If anything thing, Surefire sometimes do worse. It is NOT kind of like the Colt vs others arguments. That is just a false perception that comes from the fact that Surefire WAS the best for awhile, but not everyone has caught on to the fact they aren't anymore.

Comment

• Still like to hear any thoughts on the Daniel M4. Anybody?

Comment

• Originally posted by FiremanMike View Post
                          Anyone have anything good/bad to say about YHM rear flip up BUIS?
                          I run Yankee Hill flip up sights on my S&W M&P15. Front and rear. (Mounted on the flat gas block up front).
                          Co-witnessed with an Eotech 512.
                          I've had no problems. They seem pretty rugged and have held zero with no issues.

Last edited by cryhavoc; 07-12-2009, 10:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by yaktamer View Post
                            Still like to hear any thoughts on the Daniel M4. Anybody?
                            The DD M4 is good to go. If you like it and have the money you won't be disappointed.

A little overview: http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...read.php?t=956

There's also this variation from ADCO http://www.adcofirearms.com/itemdeta...orynumber=3637
                            Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity

Comment

• Originally posted by nadler20 View Post
                              The DD M4 is good to go. If you like it and have the money you won't be disappointed.

A little overview: http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...read.php?t=956

There's also this variation from ADCO http://www.adcofirearms.com/itemdeta...orynumber=3637
                              Thanks. I think its just going to come down to whether I like the feel of the DD M4 vs. Colt in my pudgy fingers.

Comment

• Quick! Which stock to get-between these two only: Bushmaster AR15/M16 "Skeleton" Stock OR the shorter version, Shorty Skeleton Stock Kit including CAR Buffer and Spring? And why would the longer or shorter be best for me?

http://www.bushmaster.com/products.asp?cat=13

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9312 users online. 523 members and 8789 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X