300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nathan K View Post
    Has anyone had any experience with Vulcan Armament's AR-15. I've seen them on there websight and they look pretty decent and was what others thought of them.
    Doesn't look good.

http://www.google.com/search?q=Vulca...rceid=ie7&rlz=
    sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan K View Post
      Has anyone had any experience with Vulcan Armament's AR-15. I've seen them on there websight and they look pretty decent and was what others thought of them.
      Stay far far away. Same as BlackThornes and Hesse.

Comment

• If you want to see the worst that America has to offer the gun industry, go ahead...
        J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Another interesting caliber choice:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...ar-15-shotgun/
          -"He detested failure more than anything else, even betrayal. Betrayal required intelligence and ruthlessness, failure only stupidity or lack of concentration."
          -Daniel Silva

Comment

• The lowest price I have ever seen for a Colt LE6920 was $1050 several years ago. $1100 is about the best price you could HOPE for.
            J. Wise

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Other than the Colt name, why should I want a Colt over another big name?
              sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• Originally posted by zeplin View Post
                Other than the Colt name, why should I want a Colt over another big name?
                I don't know why YOU would, but OperatorX said he did.
                J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

• Ok.. So I need to get a few things for my Colt LE6940.

Buttstock: First and foremost-for my department, we can't have collapsible buttstocks. I need to find a good FIXED stock. I like the look of the skeleton stocks, but and not sure how I feel about the foam piece I've seen on all the models. Any recommendations?

Slings: Also, I need to find a good black three-point sling. Best place to shop online?

Scopes: Aimpoint. Best choice and price? I don't need to spend a fortune, but want a good one and can't pick between all the choices.

Flashlight: Need a good side-mounted flashlight on my AR.. I like the Surefires, but can't help but think there's something better or brighter for same pricing..

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by mill1ion View Post
                    Ok.. So I need to get a few things for my Colt LE6940.

Buttstock: First and foremost-for my department, we can't have collapsible buttstocks. I need to find a good FIXED stock. I like the look of the skeleton stocks, but and not sure how I feel about the foam piece I've seen on all the models. Any recommendations?

Slings: Also, I need to find a good black three-point sling. Best place to shop online?

Scopes: Aimpoint. Best choice and price? I don't need to spend a fortune, but want a good one and can't pick between all the choices.

Flashlight: Need a good side-mounted flashlight on my AR.. I like the Surefires, but can't help but think there's something better or brighter for same pricing..

Thanks!
                    Stock: Moronic policy. You might want to look at Sully stocks or an A1 length stock. You could also get a regular collapsable stock and pin it to the length you like.

Sling: Why specifically a 3-point? Spector gear makes a pretty good one. Gear Sector has one in development that might be worth waiting for. Personally, I use a 2-point.

Optics: The older ML2 is great option and fairly cheap. The newer models have longer battery life and have a smaller dot size available.

Light: Get a real weaponlight. Yes this means Surefire. I use a Scout light. Lightweight and plenty bright. There is a company run in FL called "Bright Flashlights" that has great prices and LE discounts on Surefire products. Viking Tactics sells a modified Surefire L4 with a ring mount to mount to your rails for about $200. It uses the same LED head as the Scout light.

If you can't help your self and insist on choosing the cheapest light option, A Surefire G2 or G2L with a cheapy scope ring will work okay. Sufficient brightness for indoor use.

Comment

• Well, I own a Fenix TK-11 Cree (?) for duty use after doing plenty of internet research, and owning a surefire prior to that. I'm thinking about getting another Fenix for my weaponlight alone. They're much cheaper than SureFire and much brighter. I want to get a pressure switch though too but am unsure who makes them for each light. All the research I've been doing has been exhaustive.

As for the Stock, I'm leaning towards the skeleton stock, despite the foam pad. Not a fan of the policy-hopefully it changes very soon. But, gotta live with what I've got. I want a smaller stock than the standard A1 or A2 fixed stock.. ugh....... exhausting.

Comment

• Glad to see the forum is still going. I discovered it late last year and, based upon all the excellent info, had planned to follow J.Wise's recommendation and order (separately) an upper and a lower from CMMG. Kept putting off the decision (yeah, I know, priorities) and , of course, now face an enormous wait time if I follow that plan. So I'm looking at buying a complete AR.

I was leaning toward an S&W M&P X (fixed front sight) or T (flip-up front, now that they are using steel gas blocks and pinng them), but, for reasons discussed in the early posts, have decided to go with a faster twist, better steel, more consistent QC, warranty, etc.

I checked out a Colt 6920 -- very nice, but I want to look at the 6940 first. If money were no object, I'd probably try to find a Noveske Recce low profile (like the idea of mid-length vs. carbine system).

Sorry if it's already been addressed here, but what do you all think of the Daniel M4 -- looks like all the important stuff is there (4150 steel, twist, MP testing, auto carrier, etc.). At $1650 it looks like a good deal, especially given all the extra goodies (I know, a lot of people don't like the appearance of the extra length rail, but I prefer a rail and a traditional front sight (yeah, I know I can add a rail, but the DD package looks like it would be cheaper in the long run).

Oh yeah, I know it's apples and oranges, being a piston gun, but any thoughts on the LWRC M6A3 midlength? I noticed it has a 4 setting adjustment -- isn't that supposed to be Ruger's big selling point for their 556?

Comment

• Oops, meant Noveske Recce FSR, not low profile.

Comment

• Originally posted by beavo451 View Post
                            Light: Get a real weaponlight. Yes NO this means Surefire. I use a Scout light. Lightweight and plenty bright. There is a company run in FL called "Bright Flashlights" that has great prices and LE discounts on Surefire products. Viking Tactics sells a modified Surefire L4 with a ring mount to mount to your rails for about $200. It uses the same LED head as the Scout light.

If you can't help your self and insist on choosing the cheapest light option, A Surefire G2 or G2L with a cheapy scope ring will work okay. Sufficient brightness for indoor use.
                            You will be just fine with a Fenix, Eagle Tac, or any 6P/G2 light with a Malkoff drop-in. Surefire snobbery is a habit of the uninformed. Surefire makes fine lights, but anyone who thinks they are worth the mark-up hasn't done their research.

Comment

• Originally posted by jwise View Post
                              Plattinum-

The bolt has an extractor. The extractor is the piece of metal that has the "claw" on the bolt face. The extractor is held in place by a pin. The tip of the firing pin can be used to push the extractor pin out far enough to pull out with your fingers. Push down on the extractor if the pin seems difficult to remove.

Once the extractor is removed, there will be a spring in the back of the extractor. Take the small rubber O-ring that you purchased from the local hardware store (just ask for a #60 O-ring in the plumbing supply dept.) over the spring, and re-assemble.

You are now done.
                              I was just searching for sites that sell AR and AK parts and saw this O ring for $10 EACH......
                              Thanks Jwise
                              I shoot, therefore I am.

Comment

• Originally posted by plinker View Post
                                I was just searching for sites that sell AR and AK parts and saw this O ring for $10 EACH......
                                Thanks Jwise
                                Yeah, they call it the D-Fender Ring and charge $10 for it.
                                J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9942 users online. 465 members and 9477 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X