Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But, how much do these local dealers charge? Yes there are some available locally but I refuse to pay $200-600 more for it. I don't need the gun right now so I choose to save money and wait.
    Originally posted by William T
    That's ridiculous. You can go on line as we speak and buy any Bushmaster you want from Davidson's with a lifetime Free Replacement Warranty as we speak, and have it in 3 days or less. Shipped right to your local dealer.

http://www.davidsonsinc.com/consumer...1.x=24&b1.y=13

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Sel...age=1&Items=50

Cabela's has several on the rack. Many are on sale. I purchased 2 LWRC Piston rifles just 2 months ago, and 2 Springfield Armory M-1A rifles. One just a week ago from a local dealer. He has Colt, RRA, Armalite, Bushmaster, LWRC, all in stock, and at good prices. Go through a big name dealer. I know guys who ordered Lancaster Arms AK-47's from the factory, and were jerked around for MONTHS. I bought mine off the rack in minutes. That business of ordering factory direct is a bunch of crap simply because they'll fill larger dealer orders first before they fill individual customer orders. Bill T.
    If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
    Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Can anyone recommend a good flip down rear sight that isnt too expensive...also a folding forward grip? Any help would be appreciated. Ive searched and seen some....but I have yet to decide.
      What if quotas did exist?!

Comment

• I don't recommend folding foregrips, mostly because there aren't any out there that are worth a darn.

As for folding rear sights, the Troy Battlesight is the best, but at $140, it doesn't meet your criteria. Try to find the Magpul flip sights if you want one that isn't too expensive.
        J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• A Bushmaster for $950 is no deal...
          J. Wise

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• I wouldn't be buying a Bushmaster...
            J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

• The last Bushmaster I bought was for $760, and it was from a local cop-shop at LEO pricing. I think that price is about right.
              J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by William T
                In all likelihood it's less than what you're going to wind up paying. Remember, large volume dealers like Cabela's get deals you as an individual would never get because of the high volume they buy in, plus they pay cash up front. There is no way you can match that. They pass that on to the customer. Example: Cabela's just this last week had Bushmaster M-4 Carbines for $950.00. I've checked Davidson's website through my local dealer and many were even cheaper than that. If you order direct from the manufacturer you are getting no deal, trust me. They have zero reason to give you one. You are essentially showing up on their doorstep wanting what they sell. Why should they give you a deal? The gun is already sold.

I once called H&S Precision to buy a stock from them to replace the Walnut one on my Remington 700 Safari Grade in .458 Win. Mag. that had cracked from recoil. He told me the exact model I needed after I gave him all of the dimensions then, he told me to order it from Midway because they could sell it to me CHEAPER than he could! I thanked him for his honesty. I never buy from the manufacturer. Why not only pay more, but have to wait longer to boot? Bill T.
                well, look at what state I live in. CA. all of these guns for sale through internet companies are great and all, but they either wont sell to CA or if they do, most FFL dealers charge over $100 to transfer a gun from an internet sale. and all of the local dealers that might have a couple complete rifles in stock want over $1300 for a base line Bushmaster. and the price goes up even more from there to get more quality. the only complete uppers i have seen in stock recently were Noveske and they wanted well over $1200 just for the upper which is way out of my price range. If i found a upper for sale on the rack at a local dealer within $50 of the price from CMMG i would probably buy it. even though i dont pay tax when buying from CMMG which would save me another $50-60. so then again i wouldnt buy it locally because i dont need it now and and can wait. i refuse to pay rediculous prices because dealers think they can price gouge. those volume discounts dont always transfer to the final consumer. i feel the same about ammo. i just wont shot until the price of ammo comes back to manageable prices.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• this might be a stupid question, but is there a reason to use a full auto carrier? what do you gain from it? do you only get it if you are building a full auto rifle?

also is there a real benefit for the KNS anti rotation pins for the AR?

thanks

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• I believe, and correct me if I'm wrong JWise, that the full-auto carrier will handle heat better and perform better in the long run. Kinda like over-engineering something, maybe like putting Brembo brake discs on a Hyundai. Poor analogy, but I think the idea was transferred well...
                    sigpic
                    Originally posted by Smurfette
                    Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
                    Originally posted by DAL
                    You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

• A "full-auto" carrier has slightly more mass, which usually helps reliability of the rifle. Are they really necessary? Not really, but it is nice to have. All my rifles have FA carriers. The shrouded firing pin supposedly adds a bit of reliability and smoothness of the action.

Please note that certain lowers will not accept a FA carrier and require the "half-circle" carrier. Colt lowers with the sear blocks pinned in place are a prime example. The block sticks up out the lower receiver and the FA carrier will hit the block.

The "semi-auto" carrier was used to prevent pretty much any type of full-auto fire, including slam-fires. The rear portion of the carrier was left open so that it could not trip an auto sear. The portion around the rear of the firing pin was left open so that in conjuction with a notched hammer, the action would jam itself in the event of a malfunction (such as a disconnector failure). This also required the use of an "AR-15" firing pin and not a "M16" firing pin.

There is an inbetween carrier that has a shrouded firing pin (like the FA carrier) and a full circle rear, but the rear does not extend forward like a FA carrier. This carrier could be used on blocked lowers, but cannot be used with an auto sear. Some of these carriers may have an unshrouded firing pin.

There is a really nice set of pictures showing the 3 carriers floating around the internet somewhere......

KNS pins are hotly debated. I have them because they look cool. They prevent rotation and claim to prevent wear in the trigger and hammer pin holes. Uncle Sam has been using standard pins for decades with no problems. People with NFA lowers like them because they want to minimize wear of any kind on their lowers. Are the useful to you? It's your choice.
                      Last edited by beavo451; 06-29-2009, 09:44 AM.

Comment

• CMMG update:
                        Ordered U1605 upper on December 27, 2008 received email that order was going into production on 6/24, shipping notice on 6/29, received 7/1/2009. I had planned for a long wait, but geez! I ordered a custom and got what I wanted, not willing to settle for whats on the shelf. So now every time I take it out, I will be totally satisfied that I didnt end up with an over priced Bushmaster or over rated S&W

Comment

• Finally got my hands on an Aimpoint T-1!

This thing is awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by jwise View Post
                            Plattinum-

The bolt has an extractor. The extractor is the piece of metal that has the "claw" on the bolt face. The extractor is held in place by a pin. The tip of the firing pin can be used to push the extractor pin out far enough to pull out with your fingers. Push down on the extractor if the pin seems difficult to remove.

Once the extractor is removed, there will be a spring in the back of the extractor. Take the small rubber O-ring that you purchased from the local hardware store (just ask for a #60 O-ring in the plumbing supply dept.) over the spring, and re-assemble.

You are now done.
                            I received my CMMG Upper today minus the Backordered EGRESS Bolt Upgrade. I immediately went to Home Depot and purchased a #60 O-ring pack ($2). I followed your easy instructions, an placed an O-ring over the extractor spring. Now I just hope my local range is open sometime this July 4th weekend. Thanks so very much for all your advice jwise. You are so incredibly helpful to so many of us.

Comment

• New Toys

Two new toys picked up last week. One lightly used ((a "safe queen") S&W M&P15T (16") with Trijicon Reflex sight, flip-up BUIS, laser, and weaponlight setup, and a shiny new S&W M&P15 (16") Optics Ready Carbine. $2400 for the pair. Think I'll try to flip the ORC for a profit, or sell it to a buddy. I'll post up some pictures later.

Comment

• Has anyone had any experience with Vulcan Armament's AR-15. I've seen them on there websight and they look pretty decent and was what others thought of them.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4385 users online. 171 members and 4214 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X