300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zeplin View Post
    Three is correct. Once you play mix & match you will begin to understand/appreciate jwise when he says that "AR's are Lego's for grownups."

Very, very adddicting. You'll need to get a second job.
    Dang you!!!!!!!

Now I'm looking at getting a 9mm upper ( along with the correct buffer and hammer).
    Then I suppose I should get a dedicated lower for it too......................
    I shoot, therefore I am.

Comment

• Plattinum-

The bolt has an extractor. The extractor is the piece of metal that has the "claw" on the bolt face. The extractor is held in place by a pin. The tip of the firing pin can be used to push the extractor pin out far enough to pull out with your fingers. Push down on the extractor if the pin seems difficult to remove.

Once the extractor is removed, there will be a spring in the back of the extractor. Take the small rubber O-ring that you purchased from the local hardware store (just ask for a #60 O-ring in the plumbing supply dept.) over the spring, and re-assemble.

You are now done.
      J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by plinker View Post
        Dang you!!!!!!!

Now I'm looking at getting a 9mm upper ( along with the correct buffer and hammer).
        Then I suppose I should get a dedicated lower for it too......................
        Maybe you misunderstood when I said mix and match. Stay with the same caliber and mix & match accessories. Nothing wrong with building a 9mm though. CMMG has some kits for that.
        sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• Installing the O-Ring:

First, break down the rifle:

Next, remove the bolt carrier group from the upper receiver:

Then, disassemble the bolt carrier, removing the bolt from the carrier:

Remember, first push the cotter pin (firing pin retaining pin) out with the tip of a bullet. Next, hold the bolt carrier group vertically, letting the firing pin fall out the bottom (bang it on a solid surface if its is extra dirty.) Push the bolt all the way inwards, then use the tip of the firing pin to lift up on the cam pin, removing it from the bolt. Slide the bolt out the front of the bolt carrier.

Locate the extractor on the bolt, and the retaining pin that holds the extractor in place:

Use the tip of the firing pin to push out the retaining pin. This will start its movement, but you will have to grab it with your fingers to remove it the rest of the way:

This is what the bottom of the extractor will look like with just an insert and spring:

Install the #60 O-ring over the spring:

Now reassemble. You have now successfully installed an O-ring into your extractor, and have saved yourself $30.

Congratulations!
          J. Wise

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• I just got my 16" upper in from CMMG!

(Don't worry, I'll have pics of it up soon. )

Anyways, I've tested it out on both of my lowers, and the rear take down pin is TIGHT. As in, I'm punching it out with whatever I can find. Is this normal, or anything I should be worried about? My guess is that it will eventually become looser with wear.

'preciate all the help guys, and I now finally have my first AR!

Now, let me go tuck it in..

Erm.

Comment

• Double tap.
              Last edited by phoenixdown; 06-26-2009, 02:43 AM. Reason: no u

Comment

• Originally posted by phoenixdown View Post
                I just got my 16" upper in from CMMG!

Anyways, I've tested it out on both of my lowers, and the rear take down pin is TIGHT. As in, I'm punching it out with whatever I can find. Is this normal, or anything I should be worried about? My guess is that it will eventually become looser with wear.

Erm.

Tight is better than loose. It's fine, and pretty normal, and it WILL loosen up a bit with time.
                J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

Erm.
                  Same on my CMMG. Have to use a punch to get it in & out. It's developed a contact mark on the upper pin hole from wear. Mildly irritating, but like jwise said, tight is better than loose.
                  Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity

Comment

• I didn't pay close enough attention to see who was asking about Lauer, but if you need any info let me know. I live in WI and Lauer is only 30 minutes away..

Comment

Erm.
                      That's normal on some new ones. Just push the pin in and out several times until it feeel like you don't need to use a hammer. Also a drop of oil in the grovve that the detent rides in will help.
                      sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• when did you place your order? How long till they charged the credit card and then how long till you got it?
                        Originally posted by phoenixdown View Post

Erm.
                        If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                        Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Originally posted by 08duramax View Post
                          when did you place your order? How long till they charged the credit card and then how long till you got it?
                          I placed the order in January, but I changed it three times via their customer service. About a week ago I got an e-mail that it was going into production and my CC was charged. Two days later, I got an e-mail saying it had shipped and it was at the door in another couple of days.

Comment

• Dam. I haves couple more months to wait. Dam.
                            If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                            Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Originally posted by William T
                              You guys aren't really serious about waiting MONTHS for AR-15 uppers, lowers, or whatever are you? Bill T.
                              Oh yeah. Bushmaster recently told me they're still filling orders placed in November. I canceled my CMMG upper order after 4 monthes of waiting because I found an LMT upper locally. I'm usually a patient person but when manufacturers can't give me an ETA after 4 monthes of waiting I look for alternatives.
                              -"He detested failure more than anything else, even betrayal. Betrayal required intelligence and ruthlessness, failure only stupidity or lack of concentration."
                              -Daniel Silva

Comment

• Originally posted by William T
                                You guys aren't really serious about waiting MONTHS for AR-15 uppers, lowers, or whatever are you? Bill T.
                                Try ordering a Piston MRP from LMT directly. I think the wait is over a year now.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7435 users online. 368 members and 7067 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X