Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DPMS has Magpul magazines in stock if anyone wants them.
    Black only, non window.
    Magpul 30 Round PMAG (Black)

Model: MA-MAG211
    Sale Price: $14.95
    Quantity:

Availability: In Stock
    In stock items typically ship within 7-10 business days.
    Description

The Magpul Polymer Magazine (PMAGâ„¢) is a lightweight 5.56 NATO, M-16 compatible magazine. The PMAGâ„¢ features a pop-off storage/dust cover that alleviates pressure from the magazine feed lips, allowing for storage of loaded magazines without risk of feed lip creep that often causes malfunction in standard aluminum magazines. PMAGâ„¢ utilizes a resilient stainless steel spring for corrosion resistance.

Features • Anti-tilt follower for increased reliability • Storage/dust cover • Stainless steel spring for corrosion resistance • Textured gripping surface

Comment

• BCM Mid Length Uppers in stock Won't last long

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-1...urg-mid-16.htm
      Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

Comment

• Originally posted by Brad519 View Post
        BCM Mid Length Uppers in stock Won't last long

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-1...urg-mid-16.htm
        Maybe they'll let me carry the AK-47 on duty

I wish I could afford to build or buy one outright right now!

Comment

• Has anyone heard of Lauer, there out of WI. I dont know much about them so if anyone has heard, good or bad, please write back. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by KOREANHEAT View Post
            Has anyone heard of Lauer, there out of WI. I dont know much about them so if anyone has heard, good or bad, please write back. Thanks
            I've heard of Lauer, but I have no experience with their products. Sorry...
            J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by KOREANHEAT View Post
              Has anyone heard of Lauer, there out of WI.
              If it's who I think it is, it's probably Lauer Custom Weaponry in Chippewa Falls. Well known as the DuraCoat® Firearms Finishes people, I think I've also seen some "custom builds" in a gallery on their site. They list suppressors as well as something called the LCW15: Target Rifle, Battle Rifle, Urban Responder, etc.
              The site seems to have some kind of error going on as I type this.
              --
              Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Comment

• G & R Tactical has BCM 16" M4 and Midlength uppers in stock right now for $475.00. Probably won't last long if anyone needs a superb upper. http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...rchResult.html
                Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

Comment

• My 16" upper just went into production! Woot. Now I'm just waiting on the 20" 5.56 upper, and then maybe a 6.5 Grendel rifle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brad519 View Post
                    G & R Tactical has BCM 16" M4 and Midlength uppers in stock right now for $475.00. Probably won't last long if anyone needs a superb upper. http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...rchResult.html
                    Whoa! They still have some 16" uppers in stock!!
                    sigpic
                    Originally posted by Smurfette
                    Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
                    Originally posted by DAL
                    You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

• I joined the club..
                      and thank you to all the posts here about the AR's, it really made a huge difference in my knowledge.
                      Note to jwise...you're the man..thanks for sharing your expertise.
                      I ended up choosing the Bushmaster .223/5.56 A3M4 model. I've added a bi-pod forward grip and a scope, other than these items it's a stock rifle.
                      I'm in no way an expert, but I'm very happy with my purchase.

So, thanks to all.
                      I forgot, I bought a colt .22lr drop-in conversion kit as well.
                      Last edited by plinker; 06-19-2009, 12:24 PM. Reason: added info
                      I shoot, therefore I am.

Comment

• Another ADDICT!

Welcome to the club.

Now you can start planning your next AR build. Gotta have at least 3.
                        sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• Originally posted by KOREANHEAT
                          Has anyone heard of Lauer, there out of WI. I dont know much about them so if anyone has heard, good or bad, please write back. Thanks
                          IIRC, they make Duracoat. They also have some lowers floating about that are high quality.

Originally posted by OperatorEX
                          I'll take that bet.

1. LaRue Tactical is in TEXAS
                          2. Lauer Custom Weaponry is a very respectable company and is in WISCONSIN

Comment

• Originally posted by zeplin View Post
                            Another ADDICT!

Welcome to the club.

Now you can start planning your next AR build. Gotta have at least 3.

Thank you..
                            Three?
                            Are you kidding?
                            I'd love to "build" my own, but I'm afraid that my finances won't allow another investment such as this. It's expensive enough just to buy the darned ammo for it...hence the .22lr conversion I bought for it.
                            I have three .45's that I'm shooting too, along with another .22 rifle ( Ruger 10/22) and a Remington shotgun. The cost of ammo, even it's lack of availablility is killing me.
                            I spend $100 every time I go to the range.
                            darned expensive "hobby" I've got myself into.
                            Last edited by plinker; 06-19-2009, 05:03 PM. Reason: stupid spelling
                            I shoot, therefore I am.

Comment

• Originally posted by plinker View Post
                              Thank you..
                              Three?
                              Are you kidding?
                              I'd love to "build" my own, but I'm afraid that my finances won't allow another investment such as this. It's expensive enough just to buy the darned ammo for it...hence the .22lr conversion I bought for it.
                              I have three .45's that I'm shooting too, along with another .22 rifle ( Ruger 10/22) and a Remington shotgun. The cost of ammo, even it's lack of availablility is killing me.
                              I spend $100 every time I go to the range.
                              darned expensive "hobby" I've got myself into.

Three is correct. Once you play mix & match you will begin to understand/appreciate jwise when he says that "AR's are Lego's for grownups."

Very, very adddicting. You'll need to get a second job.
                              sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• Egress?

From page 26 of this thread:

Thank you. I'm glad it has helped.

Quote:
                                Topic #1

Can you discuss EGRESS, LMT Enhanced Bolts w/standard carriers, and LMT Enhanced Bolt & Carrier. I understand the benefit of the heavier FA carrier, but am not clear on the other BCG upgrades.

CMMG has the EGRESS at +$30 and the two LMT options at +$125 & +$189.

I see a reliability benefit from my reading about the EGRESS upgrade, but what are the benefits of the LMT upgrades that justify the price increase?
                                This is an exploded view of the E.G.R.E.S.S. kit:

You'll notice it's a five-piece kit. Let's look at what you get for $30 :
                                1) One-piece gas ring: Useless in my opinion. I've never worn out the standard 3 gas ring system that comes standard. Some may disagree, and that's fine. But I've never heard a competent gunsmith say, "put a one-piece gas ring in there and it'll run fine."

2) Chrome-Silicon ejector spring: The small parts and especially springs are affected by the high temperatures of the gas being blown back into the action. These parts wear, and break. Chrome silicon has two advantages, (1) lasts longer under normal use, and (2) is not affected by the heat as much (better corrosion resistance.)

3) E-Ring: This is the same thing a a D-Fender Ring which sells for about $10, but you can get the same result by using a #60 O-ring. The #60 is a standard size, and you can purchase a pack of 10 from Home Depot for a little over a $1.

4) Chrome-Silicon extractor spring: Chrome-Silicon wears slower and is more resistant to corrosion, but it does not say if it is an extra power spring.

5) Black insert: I have never found any evidence anywhere that says the black insert DOES anything. I have found lots of evidence that indicates the insert's color is only indicative of the type of spring used. I don't think this is a feature at all, but I could be wrong.

So- what are you getting? A $1 O-ring and longer lasting springs. Is it worth $30? No. Is it worth getting if you have no intentions of going to HD, buying a pack of O-rings, disassembling the bolt from the carrier, punching out the extractor retaining pin, and placing the O-ring over the extractor spring? Yes. The O-ring is VERY important, and so if you have no intentions of doing it yourself, I think it is worth it. You'll just get the other "features" bundled with it.

I have no experience with either the LMT enhanced bolt, nor bolt carrier. However, I know of SOME people who have bought these items and experienced problems in their carbines because of them. Most were users running very short-barreled rifles (10" or so). I know LWRC has had problems with their enhanced bolt as well. I don't know the current status with their ACB, but it had some teething issues at the least.

I'm a big fan of the standard bolt, as long as it has an O-ring over the extractor spring. That O-ring adds the power that the extractor needs for reliable extraction. The "sand cuts" and other features of the LMT products may be useful for some, but I would not whole-heartedly endorse anything that I do not even own, much less see the need for.

But, it's your money. You might feel differently. There are a lot of folks who own them and have not experienced any issues with their rifles.

I don't mean to sound stupid, but it appears that due to a backlog on CMMG's EGRESS bolt upgrade, they will soon be shipping my upper I ordered back in November without the bolt upgrade (My latest email from CMMG - The EGRESS bolt upgrades was placed on back order and it gave your order a $30.00 credit.). My question to you Jwise, is there anyway you can elaborate on the #60 O-ring placement, since I believe I will need to do that when my upper arrives. Or should it be crystal clear to me how and where I will be installing this Home Depot O-ring?

I greatly appreciate all the info you have and continue to provide us newbies.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4131 users online. 210 members and 3921 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X