Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• awesome thanks!

Comment

• links to the grip and the adjustable stock and the charging handle too please.

It looks like you have all the ones I want.
      "I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy." - unknown

Comment

• Stock: Milspec Magpul CTR

http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetac...tail.bok?no=62

Comes with rubber butt pad ($18 value). You can find for a couple bucks cheaper elsewhere but you won't get the freebies like you do from LaRue. Verify whether or not you have milspec or commercial buffer tube also.

Grip: Tangodown Battlegrip

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/sto...0BATTLE%20GRIP

Charging handle latch: Badger Tac latch

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/sto...CTICAL%20LATCH
        Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity

Comment

• ok does my M&P15X have a commercial or milspec buffer tube? id be inclined to assume commercial but since i dont pick it up til wed, anyone know?

Comment

• It's a mil-spec tube.

You can determine this by the threads on the tube. On a mil-spec receiver extension the diameter of the threads will by slightly greater than that of the rest of the tube. You can eyeball it or place a piece of paper along the tube and if it sits at an angle on the threads you have a mil-spec, if it's flush with the threads and body, commercial.
            Last edited by nadler20; 05-19-2009, 03:58 AM.
            Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity

Comment

• Has anyone had experience with Phoenix LE?

So far, the best price for a Colt AR (6940) is phoenixlawenforcement.com. Does anyone have experience with them?

Comment

• Originally posted by mill1ion View Post
                So far, the best price for a Colt AR (6940) is phoenixlawenforcement.com. Does anyone have experience with them?
                Just ordered mine from pheonix......let you know after it gets here. He said less than 90 days.
                "Do or Do Not.............There is no try."
                -Jedi Master Yoda

Comment

• Originally posted by mill1ion View Post
                  I got a 6920 from them about a month ago. It didn't take very long. Less than a month if I remember correctly. Might take a little longer for the 6940. But it was easy. Filed out the order form did the letterhead-letter and mailed it off. It was shipped to the SO and I picked it up.
                  Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

Comment

• Originally posted by Brad519 View Post
                    It didn't take very long. Less than a month if I remember correctly.
                    And my mouth begins to salivate.
                    -Jedi Master Yoda

Comment

• Originally posted by familymanbball View Post
                      And my mouth begins to salivate.
                      Just remember I ordered the 6920 not the 6940. So your wait me be longer.
                      Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

Comment

• Originally posted by Brad519 View Post
                        Just remember I ordered the 6920 not the 6940. So your wait me be longer.
                        Did Phoenix and/or Colt send you confirmation once the gun was shipped?
                        -Jedi Master Yoda

Comment

• Excise Tax

jwise:

I've found lurking here on your thread for the last several months to be a great help. I'm making my last few decisions before ordering, and I'm finally ready to post my first question:

You suggest ordering the upper and lower on separate days in order to avoid what I believe is the firearms and ammunition excise tax (FAET). When I look at the CMMG firearm I want to buy, it is listed at 1099.95 before any modifications. The upper and lower are listed at 599.95 + 295.95 = 895.90 before any modifications. That's a $204.05 difference. Now the question(s):

Does the higher price listed for the firearm over the prices listed for the component parts include the 11% excise tax or is this going to get tacked on later in the ordering process? In other words, is the $204.05 difference due to just the manual, (2) 30 round magazines, sling, carry handle and cleaning kit that come with the complete firearm and you'd still have to pay 11% on top of that or does that $204.05 include the FAET?

The complete firearm is noted as having a lifetime warranty, but neither the upper nor the lower is listed as having a warranty. Do we depriving ourselves of the warranty by not buying the firearm complete?

I'm not looking to have any legal trouble and I don't know diddly about the FAET, so I thought a little Google action would be in order. I'm guessing that by buying the parts separately on separate days, I become the firearm manufacturer instead of CMMG, and I fall under the 50 firearm a year excemption. Is that how I can legally avoid the FAET?

This is really outside the scope of your advice on what to buy, but you've been such a source of information to this point, I couldn't help but try here first.

Thanks for spending so much of your own time helping the rest of us learn from your experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by familymanbball View Post
                            Did Phoenix and/or Colt send you confirmation once the gun was shipped?
                            Nope. No notice whatsoever the secretary at the SO called me one day and told me there was a package for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by chris falk View Post
                              jwise:

I've found lurking here on your thread for the last several months to be a great help. I'm making my last few decisions before ordering, and I'm finally ready to post my first question:

You suggest ordering the upper and lower on separate days in order to avoid what I believe is the firearms and ammunition excise tax (FAET). When I look at the CMMG firearm I want to buy, it is listed at 1099.95 before any modifications. The upper and lower are listed at 599.95 + 295.95 = 895.90 before any modifications. That's a $204.05 difference. Now the question(s):

Does the higher price listed for the firearm over the prices listed for the component parts include the 11% excise tax or is this going to get tacked on later in the ordering process? In other words, is the $204.05 difference due to just the manual, (2) 30 round magazines, sling, carry handle and cleaning kit that come with the complete firearm and you'd still have to pay 11% on top of that or does that $204.05 include the FAET?

The complete firearm is noted as having a lifetime warranty, but neither the upper nor the lower is listed as having a warranty. Do we depriving ourselves of the warranty by not buying the firearm complete?

I'm not looking to have any legal trouble and I don't know diddly about the FAET, so I thought a little Google action would be in order. I'm guessing that by buying the parts separately on separate days, I become the firearm manufacturer instead of CMMG, and I fall under the 50 firearm a year excemption. Is that how I can legally avoid the FAET?

This is really outside the scope of your advice on what to buy, but you've been such a source of information to this point, I couldn't help but try here first.

Thanks for spending so much of your own time helping the rest of us learn from your experience.
                              First off, you are NOT the manufacturer of the rifle. The manufacturer must serialize the receiver, which was done at the factory. The excise tax is collected on complete firearms, and not stripped receivers. I'm not sure why, but I'm not going to complain!!

The list price includes the excise tax. It doesn't include any sales tax of course, but there isn't any other hidden tax in there.

CMMG backs up their products. If you have an upper, you have their product. They will fix, replace, or make it right if you have a problem. You don't have to buy the complete rifle to get the warranty.

The complete rifle (as you stated) comes with: "manual, (2) 30 round magazines, sling, carry handle and cleaning kit." All this for $204? Let's see, the mags are worth about $15/ea. The cleaning kit is possibly worth something, but if you're like me and already have a cleaning kit put together, it's kinda worthless ($10?). The manual can be had for free if you call them. Ok, I don't know this for sure, but I'll bet they'd send you one if you asked. The sling is worth $5 or so, as it is a length of 1.5" webbing. The carry handle is the part that you're really paying for. A quality carry handle goes for about $100. The thing is, you're probably going to just take it off and throw it in your parts bin once you receive that order from LaRue containing the Aimpoint M3 w/ LaRue mount and the LaRue BUIS. (Or, whatever you're otherwise planning on putting on the rifle.)

So, what's the value? $100+$30+$10+$5=$145? ($204>$145) That's why I always recommend buying the parts individually...

And lastly, you are most welcome!
                              J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• jwise, You forgot to factor in the value of the cardboard box it comes in.
                                sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6573 users online. 244 members and 6329 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X