300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jwise View Post
    If I need to throw lead that far, I'll use my LTR. It's a lot lighter than an FAL, and a helluva lot more accurate.

Otherwise, an FAL would be fun to own...

My post ban Armalite and DSA STG58C
    People grow through experience, if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spoken View Post
      I got a buddy who said he could build me an AR from DPMS Panther parts for around $800 bucks. Does that sound like a good deal over the AK?
      Uh... no.
      J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Jwise...rail set

Originally posted by jwise View Post
        For $20, you can get the rail set that turns your MOE handguards into this:

You could put a VFG on it, but I don't necessarily think that's necessary. You could just use some of the rail and put a light on the side, or at the front (bottom).

That's a lot cheaper than a railed handguard, which adds money, weight, and may not work with the locking device your squad cars may or may not come with.

$1290 is kind of a lot for this rifle. I may be tempted to go with another rifle. However, it should be a fine rifle.

While the handguard may not be worth that much to you, the MOE pistol grip is great (much better than the stock grip), and the backup sight is good, too. That saves a lot of money. It also comes with a magpul P-Mag, which is good.

The S&W will also have the correct barrel profile and will be chrome lined, as opposed to the stock RRA. If you're getting a special order RRA with correctly contoured barrel and chrome lining, disregard...
        Where can I get these rail set???....thanks.....seems like my local gun store drop prices!!! they said the rush for now is over and its easier to get AR lately....Handled the Sig 556 Swat....very tempted but seems to be top heavy....how is compared to 556 classic? Classic price is $1249....and and Swat is $1699....may be in the future will get one....

Comment

• Originally posted by jwise View Post
          If I need to throw lead that far, I'll use my LTR. It's a lot lighter than an FAL, and a helluva lot more accurate.

Otherwise, an FAL would be fun to own...

LTR may be lighter, and more accurate, but the FAL is sexier.

Comment

• Originally posted by William T
            Sure there is. Look at the area you have shaded. On the LWRC rifle the extra material is evident all the way down to the bottom of the upper receiver attachment pin hole.

On the Bushmaster the material stops above the center line of the pin. Pin holes in all lower receivers are located in the exact same place, or they wouldn't interchange. Bill T.
            No not really.... Pretty much all forged lower receivers are the same. There might be some differences in the reinforcement rib on the right side, but any quality, forged, A2 pattern receiver are of all the same strength.

Your picture:

Colt:

Anvil Arms:

High Standard:

Mega Machine Shop:

Comment

• Originally posted by William T
              I'm not that good with pictures. Are the billet lowers from La Rue Tactical any different? Bill T.
              Billet lowers are a different animal. They are machined from blocks of aluminum as opposed to forged. Billet lowers and uppers better precision, but are inherently less strong. Therefore they are beefier to make up for the strength that forged lowers have.

Comment

• So, what do you guys think of Paul Howe CSAT rear iron sight system?
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV7SERiVP5U
                -"He detested failure more than anything else, even betrayal. Betrayal required intelligence and ruthlessness, failure only stupidity or lack of concentration."
                -Daniel Silva

Comment

• It's pretty awesome. I had a chance to check it out back in March of '08 when I was there at CSAT.
                  J. Wise

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• It makes a lot of sense and it's pretty cheap (for the rear) $40.
                    -"He detested failure more than anything else, even betrayal. Betrayal required intelligence and ruthlessness, failure only stupidity or lack of concentration."
                    -Daniel Silva

Comment

• Originally posted by 135dB View Post
                      So, what do you guys think of Paul Howe CSAT rear iron sight system?
                      I think I gotta get me one.
                      "I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy." - unknown

Comment

It makes a lot of sense and it's pretty cheap (for the rear) $40.
                        Does look pretty awesome. Only $25 for LEO from Brownells.

Comment

So, what do you guys think of Paul Howe CSAT rear iron sight system?
                          I don't understand how that works, seems like it would shoot low, as you're raising the rear of the gun slightly to get the front site in the hole, clearly I am confused..
                          Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

• Yeah, you're confused. You lower the rear to get the front sight in the top notch. That's what raises the point of impact.
                            J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by obart View Post
                              Where can I get these rail set???....thanks.....seems like my local gun store drop prices!!! they said the rush for now is over and its easier to get AR lately....Handled the Sig 556 Swat....very tempted but seems to be top heavy....how is compared to 556 classic? Classic price is $1249....and and Swat is $1699....may be in the future will get one....
                              Obart - I just bought a pkg made by UTG with 2 short (left/right) and one long (bottom) for $20 for the very purpose of putting on a MOE foregrip. I got mine at Cheaper than Dirt.
                              "The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it – Thucydides"

Comment

• Bravo USA has 11.5 BCM uppers in stock. 98 left as of 2230 CST.
                                If anyone is interested.
                                http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-1...-urg-m4-11.htm
                                Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5944 users online. 347 members and 5597 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X