300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GGG View Post
    You need an FAL in the top 4 for putting down the badguys 600m away.
    If I need to throw lead that far, I'll use my LTR. It's a lot lighter than an FAL, and a helluva lot more accurate.

Otherwise, an FAL would be fun to own...
    J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by WinterBoarder View Post
      Just came across this on ARFCOM.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.htm...f=145&t=173870

"Todd, if all orders were exactly the same, we could very easily fill them in order. Since we have 100's if not 1000's of combinations for configurations, there are a few more factors to figure in. You will notice that if an order is just a barrel or does include have b,c&ch, it goes out much faster. If an order is for a standard A3 instead of an MUR, it will get filled faster. If it is a stripped barrel compared to one with a FSB, it goes out quicker."

"We realize that filling orders is a problem. In Feb, we temporarily suspended new dealer accounts and it did help. Our next step, which will probably be within the next 60-90 days is to sell only to distributors and dealers. By doing this, our first priority will be to fulfill all backorders. After that, we will move our focus to more volume business. We will be able to produce more product by actually having less customers."
      Dang it. I guess I was asking for it when I let the cat out of the bag with this thread...
      J. Wise

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Eeps! Just put in the order for my second upper, and still waiting on the first.)

Jwise, or anyone else who has ordered from CMMG, do they accept a normal faxed FFL? I'm going to put in an order for two lowers soon and just want to know if faxing is fine. I know some dealers like to have a special mailed ink signed double folded copy with a watermark. -_-

Comment

• Originally posted by jwise View Post
          Do yourself a favor, and leave that list in Word. If you make one in Excel, you'll be tempted to put the prices out by the side of each, then make the mistake of "=Sum(column)" and revealing how MUCH this is gonna cost you!
          LOL 10-FOURRRRRRRRRR

Comment

• Originally posted by phoenixdown View Post
            Eeps! Just put in the order for my second upper, and still waiting on the first.)

Jwise, or anyone else who has ordered from CMMG, do they accept a normal faxed FFL? I'm going to put in an order for two lowers soon and just want to know if faxing is fine. I know some dealers like to have a special mailed ink signed double folded copy with a watermark. -_-

I faxed mine to them.
            sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• I got a buddy who said he could build me an AR from DPMS Panther parts for around $800 bucks. Does that sound like a good deal over the AK?

Comment

• For 300 bucks more you can get a Colt 6920 with LEO discount.
                I can't answer your question on the price of the DPMS but that brand isn't looked highly upon.
                Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

Comment

• Originally posted by phoenixdown View Post
                  Eeps! Just put in the order for my second upper, and still waiting on the first.)

I emailed a scanned in copy of my FFL's license.

Comment

• This is my first post in this thread even though I read it a couple times a day since it started. I'm trying to buy my first AR. I would have waited through the craze but Im on the waiting list for the carbine training with my dept.

I'm currently on a waiting list for a RRA for about 800 plus taxes and tranfer fee. I got on that list because a range instructor at my dept recommended them and they are coming in faster than most the other manufacturers my dept authorizes.

Today, I got a call from a guy than can get a S&W M&P15 with the Magpul stock, handguard and backup sight for $1290 already including taxes and transfer fees. Probably only a 1-2 week wait.

Is the S&W a good deal or am I spending an extra $300 becuase it's a S&W with a couple Magpul attachments (of which I might have to remove one, read further) I originally planned on getting a standard M&P15, but my dealer has a six month wait and the price went up about $100. I was planning on adding a rail, red dot sight, weapon light, and VFG since this will be a duty related weapon and that's about all they authorize anyway. And, to those with the M&P15 with the Magpul handguard, do I have to take it off and add a rail if I want to add
                    the VFG and light or is there a way to a attach them with this handguard?

Thanks for any help, people.

Comment

• For $20, you can get the rail set that turns your MOE handguards into this:

You could put a VFG on it, but I don't necessarily think that's necessary. You could just use some of the rail and put a light on the side, or at the front (bottom).

That's a lot cheaper than a railed handguard, which adds money, weight, and may not work with the locking device your squad cars may or may not come with.

$1290 is kind of a lot for this rifle. I may be tempted to go with another rifle. However, it should be a fine rifle.

While the handguard may not be worth that much to you, the MOE pistol grip is great (much better than the stock grip), and the backup sight is good, too. That saves a lot of money. It also comes with a magpul P-Mag, which is good.

The S&W will also have the correct barrel profile and will be chrome lined, as opposed to the stock RRA. If you're getting a special order RRA with correctly contoured barrel and chrome lining, disregard...
                      Last edited by jwise; 05-08-2009, 03:16 PM.
                      J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

• Mr. Wise, I noticed on one of your set ups you were using a Nikon scope with a LaRue SPR-E mount on a rifle that had a fixed front sight. It seems in the pic that scope mount height doesn't totally clear the Nikon scope over the front fixed sight. My question is how much, if any does the front sight interfere with the sight picture of the scope?
                        -"He detested failure more than anything else, even betrayal. Betrayal required intelligence and ruthlessness, failure only stupidity or lack of concentration."
                        -Daniel Silva

Comment

• Originally posted by 135dB View Post
                          Mr. Wise, I noticed on one of your set ups you were using a Nikon scope with a LaRue SPR-E mount on a rifle that had a fixed front sight. It seems in the pic that scope mount height doesn't totally clear the Nikon scope over the front fixed sight. My question is how much, if any does the front sight interfere with the sight picture of the scope?
                          The two should be one in the same (cowitness? I don't know from experience... just from what I learned on here... but I wanted to answer anyway).

Comment

• Originally posted by StudChris View Post
                            The two should be one in the same (cowitness? I don't know from experience... just from what I learned on here... but I wanted to answer anyway).
                            Ha thats what i assumed as well but sense the scope has magnification I didn't know if the front sight would be out of focus and how much of a cowitness it had (1/3, 1/2 etc.)
                            -"He detested failure more than anything else, even betrayal. Betrayal required intelligence and ruthlessness, failure only stupidity or lack of concentration."
                            -Daniel Silva

Comment

• As long as your magnification is over 3X, the front sight is completely blurred out. You can't see it at all. At 2.5X, you see a little of the front sight in the very bottom of the scope, but it doesn't really obscure your vision.
                              J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jwise View Post
                                Dang it. I guess I was asking for it when I let the cat out of the bag with this thread...
                                All good,
                                I just realized my supplier is a distributor for them.
                                So I can "buy it from myself". And at better prices too. And since I want uppers, I do not need to go get an FFL.
                                "I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy." - unknown

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4564 users online. 235 members and 4329 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X