X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • obart
    Forum Member
    • May 2009

Originally posted by jwise
    I didn't spend NEARLY that on my Sig 556, much less an AR-15. Sorry, I'd pass unless this would be your first/only black rifle.

However, if you can't go another day without a sufficient homeland defense rifle, and the higher price could be considered your "penalty" for not getting off your buttocks to acquire one when you should have, then it would be acceptable. As the good Lord Jesus said to his disciples, "if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one!" (slightly paraphrased)
    if you had only one choice to purchase among the rifles that you acquired, what will be and why?...I just picked up a Smith and Wesson M&P model 811020...but might consider another one, and that is why Im asking this question....I looked at the Sig 556 and also the CMMG line in your review, but really considering a piston operated rifle...I thank you in advance and thanks for sharing your knowledge to everyone else in this forum....

Comment

• zeplin
      Civilian Sheepdog
      • Dec 2007

Seriously, if you are a male between the ages of 18-40, it is your DUTY as an American to equip yourself with sufficient arms to respond to your nation/state's need as a member of its militia.
      AGE DISCRIMINATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Us old farts still have some fight left in us.
      sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• beavo451
        Forum Member
        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by William T
        Notice on the Bushmaster / Colt / DPMS / Stag........... How the metal ends long before the grip radius begins. On the LWRC guns it is carried down much further. Handling the weapons shows this more profoundly. Bill T.
        You are talking about the shaded area correct?

and

There is no difference. The lower receivers are exactly the same. I checked a M6A2 at a local gunshow. The LWRC has a Magpul MIAD grip with the medium backstrap that covers up some of the lower receiver......

Also, the rail appears to be very similar in design to a Troy Industries MRF rail. Again nothing unique or special. Your other rifles have YHM rails (good value, but no the best), so it might make the LWRC rail appear better. Troy makes a good rail, but Daniel Defense, LaRue, and Superior Weapon Systems have arguably better (and lighter) rails with no loss in strength. Then again, the YHM rails are good and strong too.

I'm not trying to bash your purchase, I am just trying to verify some of the claims you are making.

Comment

• jwise
          Forum Member
          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by obart
          if you had only one choice to purchase among the rifles that you acquired, what will be and why?...I just picked up a Smith and Wesson M&P model 811020...but might consider another one, and that is why Im asking this question....I looked at the Sig 556 and also the CMMG line in your review, but really considering a piston operated rifle...I thank you in advance and thanks for sharing your knowledge to everyone else in this forum....
          I see this was your first post. Welcome to the forum!

Only one!? Gee, what a tough question... If I was only to have one, I would get an AR-15. It would be a CMMG, an LMT, a BCM, or a Colt. It depends on which I could get at the best price.

If I could have two, I'd get an LWRC. If I could have three, I'd get an AK-47. If I could have four, I'd get the Sig 556. Lather, rinse and repeat...
          J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• hxd
            Regrouping
            • Jul 2007

For what it's worth...

AIM Surplus currently has Bushmaster M4A3s for sub-$1k. There are a handful of states that they won't ship to. Given the current climate, it doesn't look like a bad deal.

Comment

• obart
              Forum Member
              • May 2009

jwise what u think

I see this was your first post. Welcome to the forum!

Only one!? Gee, what a tough question... If I was only to have one, I would get an AR-15. It would be a CMMG, an LMT, a BCM, or a Colt. It depends on which I could get at the best price.

If I could have two, I'd get an LWRC. If I could have three, I'd get an AK-47. If I could have four, I'd get the Sig 556. Lather, rinse and repeat...

SKU: 811020
              Model: M&P15
              Caliber: 5.56mm
              Capacity: 30 Round Detachable Magazine
              Action: Semi-Auto
              Barrel Length: 16"
              Barrel Twist: 1 in 9"
              Front Sight: M4 - A2 Post
              Rear Sight: Folding Magpul® (MBUS)
              Overall Length: 35" Extended/32" Collapsed
              Stock: Magpul® MOE
              Weight: 6.5 lbs.
              Barrel Material: 4140 Steel
              Receiver Material: 7075 T6 Aluminum
              Finish: Hard Coat Black Anodized
              Chromed Comp: Barrel Bore, Gas Key, Bolt Carrier, Chamber

above is the link of the rifle I purchased and the spec....I thought I got a good deal but not really sure..$1100...in my local gun store...tell me what u think...been looking hard at the CMMG, Henderson Defense, LWRC line up rifles....before i can purchase another one, need to move some of my handguns.......thanks again for everyones help....been really great forum and learned a lot of stuff here, for being a newbie.....God Bless....for everyone else ...THANKS FOR SERVING THIS COUNTRY.....

Comment

• jwise
                Forum Member
                • Apr 2006

$1100 may not be cheap, but for what you're getting, and in this climate, it is a good deal.

Check the gas key staking. I've seen the S&W rifles with poor to excellent staking jobs, so you might want to double-check your key. 4140 steel isn't ideal, but since it is chrome lined, it's probably just fine. The softer steel wears quicker in unlined barrels, but is otherwise pretty satisfactory. 1/9 twist is fine, but not ideal for the heavier loads. Good thing 69gr Win Ranger BTHP ammo works so well!

BTW- I've been thinking about the ranking I gave you, and I'd like to amend it. After my first AR, I would want an AK. I'll take the LWRC third. While the LWRC is nice, it really doesn't do anything the AR can't do. The AK on the other hand, does... (.30 cal, 124gr bullet; folding stocks make it VERY compact; EXTREMELY reliable even when caked full of mud; etc...)
                J. Wise

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Jsstritz
                  Forum Member
                  • Dec 2007

Just put a deposit down on an M&P15x today!! W00T!!

Comment

• Diesel Kinevel
                    Forum Member
                    • Oct 2008

welcome to the Club!!!! AR15 induced debt soon to follow
                    Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God (Matthew 5:9)

Comment

• Jsstritz
                      Forum Member
                      • Dec 2007

hah you aint kidding ive spent about 4 hrs today just browsing all the good sites making a list in MS Word of all the goodies i want to buy haha.

My biggest thing first is AMMO... ive got 200 rounds of federal 55gr here but thats it...

Comment

• jwise
                        Forum Member
                        • Apr 2006

Do yourself a favor, and leave that list in Word. If you make one in Excel, you'll be tempted to put the prices out by the side of each, then make the mistake of "=Sum(column)" and revealing how MUCH this is gonna cost you!
                        J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

• StudChris
                          Forum Member
                          • Jun 2006

I was putting my buttstock on my Stag lower... and when I was screwing in the whatchamacallit, the endplate bent the takedown spring right in half. Gah!!!!

Well the upper isn't yet in the budget... which means the $1 spring isn't delaying the fun quite yet. But it's still annoying.

Comment

• GGG
                            Forum Member
                            • Feb 2007

BTW- I've been thinking about the ranking I gave you, and I'd like to amend it. After my first AR, I would want an AK. I'll take the LWRC third. While the LWRC is nice, it really doesn't do anything the AR can't do. The AK on the other hand, does... (.30 cal, 124gr bullet; folding stocks make it VERY compact; EXTREMELY reliable even when caked full of mud; etc...)
                            You need an FAL in the top 4 for putting down the badguys 600m away.

Comment

• WinterBoarder
                              Forum Member
                              • Dec 2008

CMMG only selling through distributors and dealers.

Just came across this on ARFCOM.

Firearm Discussion and Resources from AR-15, AK-47, Handguns and more! Buy, Sell, and Trade your Firearms and Gear.

"Todd, if all orders were exactly the same, we could very easily fill them in order. Since we have 100's if not 1000's of combinations for configurations, there are a few more factors to figure in. You will notice that if an order is just a barrel or does include have b,c&ch, it goes out much faster. If an order is for a standard A3 instead of an MUR, it will get filled faster. If it is a stripped barrel compared to one with a FSB, it goes out quicker."

"We realize that filling orders is a problem. In Feb, we temporarily suspended new dealer accounts and it did help. Our next step, which will probably be within the next 60-90 days is to sell only to distributors and dealers. By doing this, our first priority will be to fulfill all backorders. After that, we will move our focus to more volume business. We will be able to produce more product by actually having less customers."

Comment

• ExSDSO
                                God Bless OPD and PPD
                                • Nov 2007

I just got my upper today!!! Just need to put all the pieces together!!! My upper did not come with a rear sight, but no problem.
                                What if quotas did exist?!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 20923 users online. 58 members and 20865 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...