Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is an anti-rotation device that keeps the trigger and hammer pins from wearing out the holes in the receiver.
    J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by William T
      These are a few quick pictures I took of my new LWRC M-6 Carbine I picked up this past week. This one will keep my CSAT Rifle company.

Now all I need is plenty of range time! Bill T.
      That's just dead-sexy. I personally prefer the CSAT rifle, as it has a fixed front sight base and a longer sight radius, but the M6A2 is very nice...
      J. Wise

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jwise View Post
        It is an anti-rotation device that keeps the trigger and hammer pins from wearing out the holes in the receiver.
        I've wondered about that. How many rds do you suppose has to be fired before there is any noticeable wear?
        sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• To whoever asked: They are KNS Anti-Rotation pins.

Originally posted by zeplin View Post
          I've wondered about that. How many rds do you suppose has to be fired before there is any noticeable wear?
          There are huge debates that turn into epic flame wars over the actual effectiveness of the KNS pins. Me? I just like the way they look. They don't detract from performance. I don't think they really add any either. The military has used standard, rotating pins for decades.

Comment

• Originally posted by William T
            What I really like about the LWRC series of piston rifles are the little things you notice over the many D.I. guns on the market. The way the receiver is reinforced where the buttstock attaches. The massive attachment of the forend at the rear, and the larger trigger guard to accommodate gloved hands. They really go the extra mile to cover all the bases.
            What is this reinforced recevier you speak of? From the pictures, it looks like a regular, A2 style lower receiver.

Also, can you further elaborate on the "massive attachment of the forend at the rear"?

Comment

• Originally posted by beavo451 View Post
              can you further elaborate on the "massive attachment of the forend at the rear"?
              Spare battery storage?
              sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• One of the local gunshops has Colt LE6920s in stock new-in-box for $1699. Good deal considering?

Comment

• I didn't spend NEARLY that on my Sig 556, much less an AR-15. Sorry, I'd pass unless this would be your first/only black rifle.

However, if you can't go another day without a sufficient homeland defense rifle, and the higher price could be considered your "penalty" for not getting off your buttocks to acquire one when you should have, then it would be acceptable. As the good Lord Jesus said to his disciples, "if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one!" (slightly paraphrased)
                  J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

I didn't spend NEARLY that on my Sig 556, much less an AR-15. Sorry, I'd pass unless this would be your first/only black rifle.

However, if you can't go another day without a sufficient homeland defense rifle, and the higher price could be considered your "penalty" for not getting off your buttocks to acquire one when you should have, then it would be acceptable. As the good Lord Jesus said to his disciples, "if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one!" (slightly paraphrased)
                    Yes, it would be my first black rifle, and I'd consider that price a penalty for not getting one pre-2009.

Comment

• Ok, then. You have my blessing...

Seriously, if you are a male between the ages of 18-40, it is your DUTY as an American to equip yourself with sufficient arms to respond to your nation/state's need as a member of its militia.

So, you HAVE to... Right?
                      J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Till View Post
                        One of the local gunshops has Colt LE6920s in stock new-in-box for $1699. Good deal considering?
                        Not if you're in law enforcement. You can get one for 1120.00 shipped purchased on letter head from Phoenixlawenforcement.com took about 2 1/2 months for me to get one.

Clydes Armory has them for 1499.00. Of course you have to go through having it shipped to a FFL. https://policeguns.com/catalog/index...m866vqkem0oj21
                        Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

Comment

• Well I posted while the above conversation was taking place.

Have you considered getting a complete lower and an upper seperately?
                          It's a hit and miss on the uppers but Bravo Company is putting BCM and LMT uppers on their web site every week or two. And more LMT's are expected he just sold approx 115 LMT 14.5 uppers today.
                          Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

Comment

Ok, then. You have my blessing...

Seriously, if you are a male between the ages of 18-40, it is your DUTY as an American to equip yourself with sufficient arms to respond to your nation/state's need as a member of its militia.

So, you HAVE to... Right?
                            I, myself, personally have sufficient arms and ammunition to go with them to respond to my state and/or nation's need, yes. And I don't mean "deer hunting" type weapons that are more common in this region of the nation than the 'tactical' type.

A black rifle just isn't among those arms. But believe me, when sufficient funds come up for a decent AR... it's mine.
                            Last edited by Till; 05-05-2009, 04:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Till View Post
                              I, myself, personally have sufficient arms and ammunition to go with them to respond to my state and/or nation's need, yes. And I don't mean "deer hunting" type weapons that are more common in this region of the nation than the 'tactical' type.

A black rifle just isn't among those arms. But believe me, when sufficient funds come up for a decent AR... it's mine.
                              Tis true... A good repeating, center-fire rifle is all that is really necessary to keep the King (or Queen?) of England off our backs...
                              J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

Tis true... A good repeating, center-fire rifle is all that is really necessary to keep the King (or Queen?) of England off our backs...
                                Just in case you're wondering, my sufficient arms as of right now are a tactical Benelli 12 guage and a .40 caliber USP.

Those are just mine... dad has some small and medium caliber deer rifles that could be used for picking the invaders off at a further range.
                                Last edited by Till; 05-05-2009, 04:28 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8084 users online. 366 members and 7718 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X