Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very nice... I have a clip on my Kel-Tec P32. It makes it very convenient to just clip it in my waistband if I wanted.

I have the MOE grip on my LWRC, and I really like it. You can get an insert that will hold a bolt and firing pin! I don't have the insert yet, but I plan on picking one up when I get a chance.
    J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• I am now officially addicted.
      As soon as finances allow, I will have to get a gas piston model
      Does cmmg have them?
      "I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy." - unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by daspy21 View Post
        I am now officially addicted.
        As soon as finances allow, I will have to get a gas piston model
        Does cmmg have them?
        cmmg has then. I was not impressed. Traded it for 2 regular uppers. My partner did the same.
        sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• You should also look at getting a Magpul MOE handguard when they become available. IMHO, it is MUCH nicer and more ergonomic than the factory standard ribbed round one.

Comment

• Originally posted by crazynova View Post
            You should also look at getting a Magpul MOE handguard when they become available. IMHO, it is MUCH nicer and more ergonomic than the factory standard ribbed round one.
            You mean like these?

Comment

• Homemade AR's

Hola all, an assembled rifle, where allowed by your department, can allow someone to acquire a rifle for work when money is an issue; these are great rifles and work well when all of the rules are followed in regard to quality (mil-spec needs to be a minimum standard).

What I mean by this is you can buy one component at a time so save money and they do not all have to be from the same manufacturer; Del-Ton/Upper, Colt/bolt, bolt carrier and barrel, DPMS/lower, Bushmaster/trigger group and Gallati/4 position stock with a YHM flip up rear sight is what makes up my patrol rifle/carbine. I admit I got the barrel in trade but simply waited on the other parts and purchased them as they were "on sale" but I only paid about $500.00.

This isn't to say that this is the way to go or a chance to boast about saving money but I was on a budget and it took almost a year to get everything but at the same time the AF Reserves sent me to an armorer's school so I was trained in how to assemble a rifle. I just wanted to say that this is an option an officer can go with as long as he/she buys solid components, it is allowed by their department(s) and they have a way to assemble it to spec.

I will supply photos when I can of my two favored long guns (both AR type rifles one is the above and the other is varmint/long range engagement type, that I have assembled; I am proud of these two since they have performed so well for so long but if my head swells up I am sure there are enough members who will put me in my place).
              Be safe, watch their hands and always check your "6"

Comment

• Originally posted by beavo451 View Post
                You mean like these?

Just like the bottom one. My M&P15 came new with all of the Magpul goodies, and I love it.

Comment

• Henderson Defense makes a hell of a rifle for the money. They hit all the quality marks the same as a 6920 model Colt for less.
                  Last edited by R12GS; 04-30-2009, 11:02 PM.
                  People grow through experience, if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built.

Comment

• Originally posted by R12GS View Post
                    Henderson Defense makes a hell of a rifle for the money. They hit all the quality marks the same as a 6920 model Colt for less.
                    From their website: Henderson Defense

Henderson Defense M4H3 Carbine: ~$1k

Henderson Defense Industries factory M4H3 carbine. Our rifles are backed by a LIFETIME warranty. You can configure the rifle with upgrades with Magpul Industries, Troy Industries and Daniel Defense.

Here are some of the STANDARD features:

- 7075 forged Henderson Defense Industries HD4 5.56mm-marked lower receiver

- 7075 forged A4 upper receiver with M4 cut-outs and T-marks

- Chrome-lined barrel made with 4150 steel

- 16 inch M4 profile barrel with mil-spec finish, 1:7 twist and 5.56mm chamber

- Properly staked bolt carrier with correct spring and black insert

- Properly staked castle/locking nut to prevent loosening of receiver extension

- M4 feed ramps in barrel extension and F-height front sight base

- Troy Industries BUIS

- Standard USGI A2 flash hider standard

- Magpul MOE pistol grip (A2 pistol grip show in picture)

- Magpul MOE buttstock (M4 buttstock shown in picture)/font>

- M4 double heat shield hand guards standard

- Dosko hard case

- USGI Operators Manual

- Magpul PMag 30-Round Magazine

- USGI black silent sling

Sounds like a nice rifle...

J. Wise

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• This thread has created a monster.
                      I now know 100 times more than I did about AR's and I've spent way too much cash
                      building my collection. This time last year I had one bushmaster AR. Now the Bushy
                      is in the rear of the safe.
                      Great thread though and very informative.
                      Last edited by Brad519; 05-01-2009, 06:23 AM.
                      Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

Comment

• It was designed as an instrument to suck the money out of the unsuspecting's bank accounts, and to divert it into the economy... SUCCESS!!

Eh... You're welcome? [scratches head]
                        J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jwise View Post
                          It was designed as an instrument to suck the money out of the unsuspecting's bank accounts, and to divert it into the economy... SUCCESS!!

It's a good thing. I just may have gone a little over board with my purchases
                          And I missed the damn BCM bcg's that went in stock this morning.
                          Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

Comment

It was designed as an instrument to suck the money out of the unsuspecting's bank accounts, and to divert it into the economy... SUCCESS!!

Translation: jwise wanted everyone to be armed to the teeth like him.

Thanks for the education jwise and everyone else who has contributed.
                            sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

From their website: Henderson Defense

Henderson Defense M4H3 Carbine: ~$1k

Henderson Defense Industries factory M4H3 carbine. Our rifles are backed by a LIFETIME warranty. You can configure the rifle with upgrades with Magpul Industries, Troy Industries and Daniel Defense.

Here are some of the STANDARD features:

- 7075 forged Henderson Defense Industries HD4 5.56mm-marked lower receiver

- 7075 forged A4 upper receiver with M4 cut-outs and T-marks

- Chrome-lined barrel made with 4150 steel

- 16 inch M4 profile barrel with mil-spec finish, 1:7 twist and 5.56mm chamber

- Properly staked bolt carrier with correct spring and black insert

- Properly staked castle/locking nut to prevent loosening of receiver extension

- M4 feed ramps in barrel extension and F-height front sight base

- Troy Industries BUIS

- Standard USGI A2 flash hider standard

- Magpul MOE pistol grip (A2 pistol grip show in picture)

- Magpul MOE buttstock (M4 buttstock shown in picture)/font>

- M4 double heat shield hand guards standard

- Dosko hard case

- USGI Operators Manual

- Magpul PMag 30-Round Magazine

- USGI black silent sling

Sounds like a nice rifle...

HDI is local to me, and where I go for all of my FFL transfers. They are GREAT people to deal with and truely stand up guys, as well as patriots. They support my department 100%, and are currently having thier rifle go through the process to be approved by my department. I've handled thier rifles a number of times and would recommend them with 100% confidence to anyone. They are fairly new to the AR game, but they make a quality product and have strict standards (They kicked a batch of lowers back because they were slightly out of spec). If there is a problem, I know they will stand behind thier product 100% and go out of thier way to make any issues right.

Comment

• Originally posted by beavo451 View Post
                                Okay, what is that right in front of the selector switch?

It looks like some kind of secondary selector switch
                                "I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy." - unknown

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5258 users online. 198 members and 5060 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X