300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AviatorDoc View Post
    OK here is a question for those who ordered a CMMG upper. Finally got one from them and looks great. But there is NOT one marking on it saying it is CMMG or round it is cahamberd for.
    Is this the case with all CMMGs or do I need to call them?
    Since I am waiting on a CMMG Upper I ordered back in November, I am curious as to when you ordered the upper you just acquired?

Comment

OK here is a question for those who ordered a CMMG upper. Finally got one from them and looks great. But there is NOT one marking on it saying it is CMMG or round it is cahamberd for.
      Is this the case with all CMMGs or do I need to call them?
      jwise is correct. Remove the lower handguard and you will see it says something like CMMG 5.56 NATO CMP 1/7
      sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• Originally posted by Plattinum View Post
        Since I am waiting on a CMMG Upper I ordered back in November, I am curious as to when you ordered the upper you just acquired?
        I ahd ordered 2 of em. One was a plane jane with flat top and no frills. Thats what I just got. The other is a SS barrel and with some frills ordered at the same time in Dec. No word on that. Hope this helps.

Jwise, I am impressed with the quality, but dissapointed with the lack of ANY markings. NOTHING!
        Could be made in China for what its worth!

Comment

• If you want markings, you'll have to pay extra. Colt doesn't even mark their uppers aside from the barrel markings. Only VERY FEW companies mark their uppers. Sorry...

While the ignorant may not identify the brand, the quality is recognized by those who know their tools and appreciate the craftsmanship in making AR-15 rifles.
          J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Markings from my LWRC M6A1:

Of course, the upper alone goes for more than a complete Colt LE6920.
            J. Wise

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• BCM 16" M4 uppers in stock RIGHT NOW at Bravo USA. Won't last much longer.http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-M...-urg-m4-16.htm
              Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

Comment

• Well they're out again. Sorry guys.
                They lasted about 40 minutes.
                Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

Comment

I ahd ordered 2 of em. One was a plane jane with flat top and no frills. Thats what I just got. The other is a SS barrel and with some frills ordered at the same time in Dec. No word on that. Hope this helps.

Jwise, I am impressed with the quality, but dissapointed with the lack of ANY markings. NOTHING!
                  Could be made in China for what its worth!
                  AviatorDoc- Sorry, but I would like to trouble you with one more question. I thought my order was pretty plane jane, right from the jwise info

= CMMG 16” Mid-Length Upper (A3, Full-Auto Carrier, E.G.R.E.S.S Bolt
                  Upgrade, No Charging Handle Upgrade, Anodized Ramps, A2 Post, F Marked Front Sight Base, Round Forward Assist, Standard Handguard, No Rear Sight, A2 Hider) SKU/PNO: U-1605

If you don't mind telling, what was your plane jane order?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brad519 View Post
                    Well they're out again. Sorry guys.
                    They lasted about 40 minutes.
                    Might want to post that useful information as its own thread. It may get seen quicker than if its just buried in this behemoth...
                    J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

• Question on the Eotech 557, for those of you who are not ballistcally challenged. On Eotech's website, it states the extra dots (for 200, 300, etc) yards are specifically calibrated for .223 munitions for an M4 carbine. If you were to slap one of these on a 20" upper, would those become redundant as a 20" has slightly better range than the 16"?

Comment

• Depending on the barrel length, weight of bullet, exact charge behind the bullet, and some other factors, the dots could be slightly off, or extremely off.

However, since it doesn't have any magnification, the dots are "general" hold-overs for that cartridge at that range.
                        J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jwise View Post
                          Depending on the barrel length, weight of bullet, exact charge behind the bullet, and some other factors, the dots could be slightly off, or extremely off.

However, since it doesn't have any magnification, the dots are "general" hold-overs for that cartridge at that range.
                          Yeah, I didn't really dig the fixed dots when so many other factors are variable, but was curious. I'll probably go with the 556 and a 3x for my 20 inch.

I'm going to need a bigger safe.

Comment

• I picked up a new S&W MP15 MOE (comes with Magpul MOE stock, grip and forearm, along with a PMAG and Magpul Backup sight), and it is a very nice rifle, with all of the features on here except the 1/7 twist barrel.

Comment

• Originally posted by crazynova View Post
                              I picked up a new S&W MP15 MOE (comes with Magpul MOE stock, grip and forearm, along with a PMAG and Magpul Backup sight), and it is a very nice rifle, with all of the features on here except the 1/7 twist barrel.
                              How much? That sounds like a sweet rifle!
                              J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

• Sorry, must have missed this one. Anyway saw it today.
                                I ordered both on the 28th of Dec. And yes it is the same as you had ordered. U-1605

Originally posted by Plattinum View Post
                                AviatorDoc- Sorry, but I would like to trouble you with one more question. I thought my order was pretty plane jane, right from the jwise info

= CMMG 16” Mid-Length Upper (A3, Full-Auto Carrier, E.G.R.E.S.S Bolt
                                Upgrade, No Charging Handle Upgrade, Anodized Ramps, A2 Post, F Marked Front Sight Base, Round Forward Assist, Standard Handguard, No Rear Sight, A2 Hider) SKU/PNO: U-1605

If you don't mind telling, what was your plane jane order?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12658 users online. 473 members and 12185 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X