300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IrishJoe View Post
    Cool....thanks! I just recieved my lower parts kit, and the reciever should be comming along any day. My faith on CMMG has been restored! (Now, just have to wait for the upper....)
    My order may have been atypical. I posted my details on the AR15.com CMMG wait time thread - it appears that someone ordered a complete lower before me and I received mine before he did. The only difference, from what I remember, was that I ordered a standard buffer and he ordered a H buffer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brad519 View Post
      Got my BCM mid length in today.
      Stuck it on a CMMG lower.
      Larue BUIS, EOTech 512, Streamlight TLR-1,
      V-Tac Sling.

Hope to get to shoot it tomorrow.
      Brad- That's freaking sweet! It looks just like my patrol rifle, except midlength. Absolutely beautiful.

BCM/CMMG combo... Greatness. Now lube it and shoot the snot out of it!
      J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Can I get an opinion on oil vs grease on the bolt/internals?
        Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

• Grease is better for harsh environments and for long-term storage, but oil is cheaper and is fine for everyday use when you don't plan on the rifle sitting unfired for any significant length of time.
          J. Wise

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• You do not need to break in a barrel.

After shooting, take it apart and get to know your rifle and it's parts. INSPECT them, don't just look at it. Clean them all and put everything back together.

There is no specific round count to do anything to your rifle. It's not like the mileage on your car. By inspecting the parts now, you'll hopefully be able to identify what's happening when things start wearing or going wrong.
            NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

• I got an email from CMMG today saying that my Lower order was in production, but the H buffers are out of stock, and they don't have an ETA for arrival. They asked if I'd be OK with an H2 buffer instead of delaying the order further.

I think I'll let them know that the H2 is OK...I did a quick search and it dosent appear that it will cause any issues...Thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by jwise View Post
                Brad- That's freaking sweet! It looks just like my patrol rifle, except midlength. Absolutely beautiful.

BCM/CMMG combo... Greatness. Now lube it and shoot the snot out of it!
                Just got back from the range. Used some old GI type 20 round mags to sight it in. Got everything sighted (irons and EOTech) at 25 yards then messed around at different yardage to see where they hit. Shot between 5 yards and 60 yards everything was GTG. Put 100 rounds using the 20 rnd mags then did a little rapid fire with a 30 round Pmag. Total 130 rounds no problems what so ever.

I've learned a great deal from this thread and from M4carbine.net. But this thread really got the ball rolling. Thanks Everyone.

Now if that SBR Tax Stamp would ever arrive
                I can build my LMT/CMMG SBR!!!!
                Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

Comment

• Originally posted by georgexpd8 View Post
                  I got an email from CMMG today saying that my Lower order was in production, but the H buffers are out of stock, and they don't have an ETA for arrival. They asked if I'd be OK with an H2 buffer instead of delaying the order further.

I think I'll let them know that the H2 is OK...I did a quick search and it dosent appear that it will cause any issues...Thoughts?
                  Go with whatever is available!
                  J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

• Ok AR experts... Did I do ok?

Thanks to income tax time I got a refund and decided to get an AR-15. So here is what I did. I ordered and have already receiced a 16", mid legenth, flat top upper from BCM. Went to the gun show and picked up a Rock River lower, bolt, charging handle, and an EO Tech 512.

Then on Mon..... the day my upper was scheduled to be delivered I had a freak accident while working out. I was doing tricep extensions with a single dumbell behind my head, lost my balance on the bench, and fell off backwards. The result? I broke my wrist... broke the head off my radius to be technical then also split the head that broke off up the middle too. I have to have surgery next week.

But lucky for me my girl friend is taking good care of me... she even assembled my AR for me so I could see it all put together. Only thing I have left to buy is some handguards. I got wore down at the gun show and wasn't paying attention and bought CAR handguards instead of mid legenth.

And now for the worst part. I'm looking at 6-8 weeks before I can shoot it!!!

Comment

• I'm not an expert, but it sounds like you did OK, except for the part about breaking your wrist. Congrats on the new rifle!
                      sigpic
                      Originally posted by Smurfette
                      Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
                      Originally posted by DAL
                      You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hop View Post
                        Ok AR experts... Did I do ok?

Thanks to income tax time I got a refund and decided to get an AR-15. So here is what I did. I ordered and have already receiced a 16", mid legenth, flat top upper from BCM. Went to the gun show and picked up a Rock River lower, bolt, charging handle, and an EO Tech 512.

Then on Mon..... the day my upper was scheduled to be delivered I had a freak accident while working out. I was doing tricep extensions with a single dumbell behind my head, lost my balance on the bench, and fell off backwards. The result? I broke my wrist... broke the head off my radius to be technical then also split the head that broke off up the middle too. I have to have surgery next week.

But lucky for me my girl friend is taking good care of me... she even assembled my AR for me so I could see it all put together. Only thing I have left to buy is some handguards. I got wore down at the gun show and wasn't paying attention and bought CAR handguards instead of mid legenth.

And now for the worst part. I'm looking at 6-8 weeks before I can shoot it!!!
                        Congrats on the AR! and having a girlfriend who can assemble you AR.

I can totally relate to the radius. 8 years ago I took a nosedive off the back of my truck and mushroomed the distal end of my left radius. 3 titanium pins & 8 weeks later and another 8 weeks of dungeon of doom(physical therapy) I was back in business.

BTW You'll love PT. They can make the most mundane simple task be the most painful experience in your entire life.
                        sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• Originally posted by William T
                          I've been keeping an eye on this thread, and skimming it from time to time. One thing I would mention is that as we speak we are currently seeing the highest number of first time AR-15 buyers in history. This of course has been brought on by reflex action to the Presidential election, and the corresponding anointing of the messiah, coupled with understandable fear of another AWB.

A large number of these new AR-15 purchasers have little to no knowledge of what they are buying. They want one, they know we are enjoying the last days of being able to buy one, they have the money and are willing to pay whatever to get one. Gun shops have little to nothing in the way of much choice one can have in buying. It is more of a case of, get what you can at whatever price you can get it, and be happy with what you got. Either that or go on a waiting list for God knows how long, and gamble there won't be a ban imposed before your name comes up. Davidson's was one of the largest Bushmaster distributors in the country with literally hundreds of AR-15 models to choose from. Now, every single gun Bushmaster makes is listed as "allocated" by them, meaning demand is totally outstripping the supply. AK-47 rifles are even worse, as is the ammo they use. As soon as the current administration announces they are in fact going to seek a new AWB, all of this will quickly advance to total insanity, with prices going through the roof far more than they are now.

My point in all of this is we are currently looking at a situation where "beggars can't be choosy". If anyone out there is currently looking to add an AR-15 to their collection, for whatever reason, don't waste too much time. Holding off for a top tier weapon that is all but unobtainable might not be the wisest move. Which AR-15 is best hasn't been successfully argued yet, and my guess is that it won't be in these final days we are allowed to purchase them. There aren't many AR-15's I would call "junk" out there, and even those models that are less desirable will fetch inflated values when, not if, they become banned entirely. Bill T.

You sound like a salesman for a gun shop that only has low end rifles, and you're telling everything that they should buy into the insanity and get whatever they can get their hands on (aka your product). Not saying that is what you are... just what you sound like.

Comment

• If anyone is interested in a LMT 10.5 upper (need a tax stamp to put on a lower) they're currently in stock at Ranier Arms. http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=sho...product_id=383
                            Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

Comment

• I'll get some pics up when I can. All have out where I'm staying is dial up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brad519 View Post
                                If anyone is interested in a LMT 10.5 upper (need a tax stamp to put on a lower) they're currently in stock at Ranier Arms. http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=sho...product_id=383
                                No they're not.
                                sigpic
                                Originally posted by Smurfette
                                Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
                                Originally posted by DAL
                                You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9772 users online. 464 members and 9308 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X