Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click on new products on magpuls website. Oh yeah make sure you have a castle nut wrench (spanner wrench) or just buy one, they are cheap.
    Last edited by dave80; 02-26-2009, 09:10 PM.

Comment

• Ok. I killed the battery on the cell phone today looking for a lower parts kit. There are none in stock within the continental US of A. WTF?!?! Have things gotten that bad that a few spings and a trigger/hammer and mag release are completely out of stock? And no one has an ETA on when the parts will be in stock again. Man, if I had only known how hard it would be to build my rifle, I would have bought a kitten instead (I'm kidding....but those claws are REALLY sharp, ya know!)
      sigpic
      Originally posted by Smurfette
      Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
      Originally posted by DAL
      You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

• Here's where I'm at, like I said jwise you inspired this rifle, sorry if it's so close to yours . Railed handguard (YHM lightweight carbine length) is being installed tonight along with FDE VFG from tapco. BUIS are still on hold, I have about 200 worth of reloading stuff still to buy.

Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

• For those curious, M&P15 standard version (came with carry handle)
          Spectre Gear 3 point sling
          PMAG
          Tangodown Battlegrip (would have gone with the magpul, but it had been out of stock for sometime when I ordered. I like this one though, it's comfy)
          Magpul MOE stock
          Eotech 512.a65

Stock internals at this point, and will probably stay that way.

I'm curious, I have some red grease in there now that was recommended by a range guy at the PD, but I saw that militec grease and ordered it. I'm in love with militec oil for my pistols so I figured the grease had to be decent too. Anyone have any opinions on militec grease?
          Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishJoe View Post
            LOL

Has CMMG given you any kind of ETA for your lowers?
            Here's an update - never received an email from CMMG, but the lowers arrived at my FFL yesterday. So here's the time line for my stripped lower and complete lower:

Ordered: 12/24/08
            Charged: 2/26/09
            Received: 3/4/09

Comment

• Originally posted by WinterBoarder View Post
              Here's an update - never received an email from CMMG, but the lowers arrived at my FFL yesterday. So here's the time line for my stripped lower and complete lower:

That's good news. Enjoy your build.
              sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• Cool...so they charged you when the lowers shipped. Good deal. Customer service isn't all that great, but they are reliable. Not too bad I guess.
                sigpic
                Originally posted by Smurfette
                Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
                Originally posted by DAL
                You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

• I ordered my lower on Feb. 26 and got an email this morning saying it was ready to ship once they received my FFL information. I'm pretty shocked at the turn around time if they are indeed about to ship it out.

I hope they can get the upper ready to go soon as well. From the looks of things, that order might take a lot longer to push through.

Comment

• So yea sorry jwise i bought this gun before you said not to but here is my DPMS Panther.

Ive put about 1000 rounds through it and havent had a problem. I actually love this gun and for the price I couldnt be happier. The only downfall is the carrying handle is perm fixed and cant be removed. So i just mounted my scope to the carry handle and it works well.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by IN UR REAR VIEW; 03-05-2009, 02:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IN UR REAR VIEW View Post
                      ....The only downfall is the carrying handle is perm fixed and cant be removed...
                      If it is important to you, you can swap to a flat top upper receiver.
                      The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

• yea i know but i kinda just worked around it with my scope mounted to the handle. Alot of people said it would be too high, but i seem to have no problems with it. I more or less said that for anyone that is looking to buy a dpms themselves. I believe they sell a model with just the flat top but i wanted the handle

Comment

• I just wanted to pipe in, and thank you JWise once again for taking the time to share your knowledge with us.

I ended up buying a rifle from Charles Daly Defense, the DM4 Model using most of your advice.

Thanks again, I appreciate the help
                          -"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children will have peace." - Thomas Paine

Comment

• Originally posted by WinterBoarder View Post

Cool....thanks! I just recieved my lower parts kit, and the reciever should be comming along any day. My faith on CMMG has been restored! (Now, just have to wait for the upper....)
                            sigpic

In Memory
                            Officer J. Sanders
                            EOW 12-15-2008

Loyalty...Duty...Respect...Selfless Service...Honor...Integrity...Personal Courage

Comment

• So I managed to get my hands on the last stripped RRA lower at my local gun store and I am going to build an SBR with a 10.5 inch barrel. Im probably going to get a RRA upper but I was wondering if maybe I should get a piston system put in? I hear the shorter SBRs get very dirty very quickly and sometimes have malfunctions. Would it be worthwhile to get a piston kit?

Comment

• Not worth the money, in my opinion...
                                J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4860 users online. 197 members and 4663 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X