300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zeplin View Post
    That doesn't sound right. They have never charged my card until the day they shipped. Have you contacted them or your FFL?

Yeah...I've called/emailed multiple times, but they haven't responded/answered the phone.
    sigpic

In Memory
    Officer J. Sanders
    EOW 12-15-2008

Loyalty...Duty...Respect...Selfless Service...Honor...Integrity...Personal Courage

Comment

• How about stag? they are always quick to pickiog up the phone, maybe cancel, and move on to stag

Comment

• I ordered 2 CMMG complete lowers Nov 17th. I'm not sure when they billed them but they arrived at the FFL Jan 12th.
        When you email them did you put your Order # in the subject line?
        I emailed them a question about my Upper order and they answer the next day.

BTW I ordered the upper Nov 19th and it is not even in production yet. If I can get lucky to catch Bravo Company USA when they have the 16" mid in stock I am going to order on of theirs.
        Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

Comment

• My AR is nearly complete, I'm not posting a pic until I get the heat guard and vertical fore grip on there. Jwise, I'm sorry, I was kinda inspired by your dark earth carbine and went with that scheme.

My question is, how critical is the BUIS. I have my front site and my eotech, how bad do I need the rear one?
          Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by FiremanMike View Post
            My question is, how critical is the BUIS. I have my front site and my eotech, how bad do I need the rear one?
            BUIS is what it is. A Back Up Iron Sight. if your Eo or any other optic goes out, you still have your BUIS. Otherwise you're screwed.
            sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• jwise, out of curiosity have you re-evaluated any of the major brands since you began this thread. I have heard several people comment that some of the manufacurers seem to have read this forum and made some adjustments to their products. This thread was started in early '08, and I was just wondering if any of your opinions have changed. I recently purchased a RRA #1253 with a chrome barrel. I am very satisfied, but I also haven't had to go to battle yet! Just wondering. Thanks for all of the info.
              Last edited by bravo1; 02-21-2009, 02:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WinterBoarder View Post
                I sent an email to Daniel Defense and here is the response:

The Omega Rail 7.0 is compatible with our rifle. You will have to replace the barrel nut with a standard Delta Ring/Barrel Nut Assembly. This will require removing the flash hider and front sight base.
                I'm sorry, that is a rather useless response from DD. The Omega rail is obviously compatible with any AR-15 if you use the correct mounting. The Omega mounts to a standard barrel nut and delta ring assembly. If you are going to go through the process of taking apart the barrel assembly anyway, then why not go ahead and get a one piece, free-float rail. It would be lighter, simpler, and likely stronger due to the one-piece design and reduced number of parts.

Comment

• Originally posted by bravo1 View Post
                  jwise, out of curiosity have you re-evaluated any of the major brands since you began this thread. I have heard several people comment that some of the manufacurers seem to have read this forum and made some adjustments to their products. This thread was started in early '08, and I was just wondering if any of your opinions have changed. I recently purchased a RRA #1253 with a chrome barrel. I am very satisfied, but I also haven't had to go to battle yet! Just wondering. Thanks for all of the info.
                  I have not. I am now in law school, and frankly don't have the time to redo all the work I put into it. People from time to time send me updated pictures, and I have included those. If you check the "last edited" date/time stamp on the various posts, you will notice a wide variance. I have updated things as I have been made aware of changes, so it's not ALL that old.
                  J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jwise View Post
                    I have not. I am now in law school, and frankly don't have the time to redo all the work I put into it. People from time to time send me updated pictures, and I have included those. If you check the "last edited" date/time stamp on the various posts, you will notice a wide variance. I have updated things as I have been made aware of changes, so it's not ALL that old.
                    Oh, I know. I did not mean to imply that the info was outdated. It just seems that some of the manufacturers may have paid attention, and might be correcting some of their shortcomings.

Comment

• Originally posted by beavo451 View Post
                      I'm sorry, that is a rather useless response from DD. The Omega rail is obviously compatible with any AR-15 if you use the correct mounting. The Omega mounts to a standard barrel nut and delta ring assembly. If you are going to go through the process of taking apart the barrel assembly anyway, then why not go ahead and get a one piece, free-float rail. It would be lighter, simpler, and likely stronger due to the one-piece design and reduced number of parts.
                      To the defense of Daniel Defense, I asked them the question and they provided their response. I have never built my own AR or made any modifications to an AR, so I don't know what components are needed to change the hand guards to rails. But, I just learned something from you about this, so thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by WinterBoarder View Post
                        To the defense of Daniel Defense, I asked them the question and they provided their response. I have never built my own AR or made any modifications to an AR, so I don't know what components are needed to change the hand guards to rails. But, I just learned something from you about this, so thank you!
                        If you do decide to swap out handguards, be sure to get the proper tools. The very mininum will be a barrel wrench, upper receiver vise block, hammer, and punch set. Depending on the rail you choose, the rail may require a specific tools. The DD Lite rail requires a DD barrel nut wrench. The DD M4 rail and LaRue rails will require a strap wrench.

The Omega was intended as a "drop-in" installation on a standard AR-15 that has the delta ring installed.

Comment

• Originally posted by beavo451 View Post
                          If you do decide to swap out handguards, be sure to get the proper tools. The very mininum will be a barrel wrench, upper receiver vise block, hammer, and punch set. Depending on the rail you choose, the rail may require a specific tools. The DD Lite rail requires a DD barrel nut wrench. The DD M4 rail and LaRue rails will require a strap wrench.

The Omega was intended as a "drop-in" installation on a standard AR-15 that has the delta ring installed.
                          Thanks! I'll be saving the DD 7" Omega I have for another AR. Thanks for the information on the tools needed.

Comment

• FiremanMike ur front sight will be usless without a rear buis. I picked up set of Magpuls Moe handgaurds ($30), allows u to install lights, foregrip etc.. And they are very nice and quality build.

Comment

• I have been looking into expanding my arsenal, so far I pick up my new pistol tomorrow and Howa M1500 on tuesday. I like the look of the Colt and the CMMG. Would it be cheaper to buy from a local dealer or is it better to Spec order exactly what you want.
                              Hoping to get picked up when I return from Iraq

Comment

• I went and picked up a lower Stag today minus stock (which is ok with me, since I'm going to get a Magpul stock anyway). I was going to get a CMMG lower... but I went ahead and picked up the Stag instead. I'm still going to go with the CMMG upper... so it won't be battle ready for several months... but at least the process is started.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10463 users online. 507 members and 9956 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X