Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• man all these delays... i'm SO glad i got mine before this craziness happened

along with my 5 pmags lol

Comment

• Originally posted by eyildiz View Post
      man all these delays... i'm SO glad i got mine before this craziness happened

along with my 5 pmags lol
      riiight! I've had a charging handle on order with LaRue since November!! But no one else seems to have one either so why cancel the order?! ...can't even find parts
      -"He detested failure more than anything else, even betrayal. Betrayal required intelligence and ruthlessness, failure only stupidity or lack of concentration."
      -Daniel Silva

Comment

• first post here with a question. first, this is the best informational thread i've found on the net comparing the different manufacturers & what to get/avoid.

also, i would like to give a heartfelt "thank you" to all of you here who put your lives on the line daily to protect & serve your communities!!

now, to the questions. i get very different opinions on what grain bullets work well with the different barrel twist rates . i'll mainly be shooting in the 55-62 grain weight, & hear from some sources that i should stick with a 1/9 twist barrel because the 1/7 has problems with the lighter grain slugs. any truth to this? i did read the overview on page one, but get confused with all the conflicting info.
        also, i'm presently looking at two rifles, one a CMMG, the other an armalite. both are midlength gas system 16" shorty's & equipped almost identically except for barrel twist. the CMMG is 1/7, the armalite 1/9. price is within $50 of each other, so really a wash as far as that goes. which would you choose??

thanks!
        "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"

Comment

• Originally posted by 00-spy View Post
          first post here with a question. first, this is the best informational thread i've found on the net comparing the different manufacturers & what to get/avoid.

also, i would like to give a heartfelt "thank you" to all of you here who put your lives on the line daily to protect & serve your communities!!

now, to the questions. i get very different opinions on what grain bullets work well with the different barrel twist rates . i'll mainly be shooting in the 55-62 grain weight, & hear from some sources that i should stick with a 1/9 twist barrel because the 1/7 has problems with the lighter grain slugs. any truth to this? i did read the overview on page one, but get confused with all the conflicting info.
          also, i'm presently looking at two rifles, one a CMMG, the other an armalite. both are midlength gas system 16" shorty's & equipped almost identically except for barrel twist. the CMMG is 1/7, the armalite 1/9. price is within $50 of each other, so really a wash as far as that goes. which would you choose??

thanks!
          I haven't heard of the 1/7 making lower weight rounds unstable (hell, the army uses 62gr and 55gr and they have 1/7 barrels)

however, since I mainly just use 62 and 55gr, (or 69 I guess) 1/9 was enough for for me. if it was a 1/7 it would have been fine either way

if thats what you will shoot, just stick with 1/9

Comment

• Originally posted by WinterBoarder View Post
            Has anyone had a chance to check out the Danial Defense M4? I've heard that they're finally hitting the street. Worth the $1500 price I've seen?

Daniel Defense is proud to announce the unveiling of their long anticipated M4 Carbine. This Rifle was engineered with the tactical professional and shooting enthusiast in mind. Built to redefine the benchmark in small arms performance, this precision-crafted firearm will perform faithfully in any Military, Law Enforcement, Homeland Security, and or Home/Personal Security environment.

" Mil. Spec. Lower Receiver with Enhanced Magazine Well
            " Mil. Spec Upper Receiver with Index Marks and A4 Feed Ramps
            " "16 4150 MP Tested, Chrome Lined, 1:7, M4 Profile Barrel
            " A2 Birdcage Flash Hider
            " Mil-Spec MP Tested Bolt and Properly Staked Gas Key
            " Daniel Defense A1.5 BUIS and Pinned "F" Marked Front Sight Base
            " Daniel Defense Omega X Rail
            " Magpul MOE Buttstock & Mil. Spec. 5 Position Receiver Extension
            " Daniel Defense Vertical Foregrip
            " Custom Daniel Defense Full-Latch 30ft Impact Plastic Case
            interesting how they use 'M4' I remember colt was trying to sue everyone for that name, but lost it

Comment

• Originally posted by elkarcher View Post
              jwise would you stake your families safety on your cmmg?
              Yes.
              J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Between the CMMG and an Armalite in midlength config, I'd get the one I could first find! If you can get either, I would get the 1/7 twist, as it gives you more options.

1/7 doesn't work well with 45gr ammo, but 55gr is fine.
                J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jwise View Post
                  Between the CMMG and an Armalite in midlength config, I'd get the one I could first find! If you can get either, I would get the 1/7 twist, as it gives you more options.

1/7 doesn't work well with 45gr ammo, but 55gr is fine.
                  thanks for the opinion. also thank you for taking the time to compile all this information! it has been a great reference guide for me in deciding what to look for in a good , reliable ar-15 that i can depend on in a time of need. at the moment, i can get either the cmmg with the 1/7 or the armalite in 1/9. i had also located a mixmaster in the same price range with cmmg lower & lmt upper, but after verifying that it did not have the chrome lined barrel or m-4 feedramps, i passed. i had also been looking hard at the sabre defence (i live about 10mi from the facility) but havent turned any up other than loaded up "tacticool" models. i'm a k.i.s.s. guy & prefer a 100% reliable basic weapon to one with all the add ons & attachments. i have passed the link to this thread to a couple friends on the local force who are also looking to purchase an ar & am sure they will find it as helpful as i have.
                  "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"

Comment

• Got mine on order last week. I wonder if all the orders are for SKU Number: U-1605? What do you think?
                    sigpic
                    Quando Omini Flunkus Moritati! (When all else fails, play dead.)

Comment

• I pick mine up tomorrow!! WOOT!!
                      sigpic
                      Originally posted by Smurfette
                      Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
                      Originally posted by DAL
                      You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

• Originally posted by FJDave View Post
                        I pick mine up tomorrow!! WOOT!!
                        That's Great News!
                        sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• Yeah, that 10 day waiting period for a stripped lower is ridiculous....
                          sigpic
                          Originally posted by DAL

Comment

Yeah, that 10 day waiting period for a stripped lower is ridiculous....
                            10 extra days for your 'victim' to live, right?

Comment

• You got that right! I could seriously bruise someone if I threw that hunk of aluminum at them!! (where is that sarcasm smiley when you need it )
                              sigpic
                              Originally posted by DAL

Comment

You got that right! I could seriously bruise someone if I threw that hunk of aluminum at them!! (where is that sarcasm smiley when you need it )
                                Is it the L.E. carbine or the so called Ca "legal" one ?
                                "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6475 users online. 326 members and 6149 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X