300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FiremanMike View Post
    I'm very interested in this optic. What is the advantage to paying $200 more for an EOTech, how reliable are the fastfires, etc?
    Burris makes good glass, I too would like to know if the EOTECH is that much better. I might put this FireFly on my Benelli.

Comment

• Anyone have a picture of one mounted on an ar platform rifle, can't seem to find a picture of that anywhere.
      Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

• I ended up with 2 S&W M&P15 5.45x39's. Can't tell them from a 5.56. The mags are just about the same size. The only physically noticeable difference is the hammer spring is red and it's marked 5.45x39 on the barrel. The lowers don't indicate cal.

I'm tempted to keep one for myself as ammo is 1/3-1/2 the price of 5.56.

Post pics later.

One other difference is if you drop a 5.56 in the chamber about 5/16" sticks out.

Last edited by zeplin; 01-23-2009, 12:01 AM.
        sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• I have a question. I have two CMMG lowers with the standard buffer. I plan on putting a 16" upper on one and a 11.5" upper on the other. Should I have gotten a H Buffer or a H2 Buffer?

If so can I just purchase a H and/or a H2 buffer and replace the standard buffer? (Do I have to change out the spring, the whole tube, etc...)

This may be a dumb question but I honestly don't even know what a buffer does. Sorry if this has been asked and answered.
          Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

Comment

• Has anyone used/owned a tritium front sight ONLY or front/rear sight combo on an AR? If so, does it interfere in anyway with optics (EOTech/Aimpoint) when used as a BUIS (flaring or overlapping with the sights reticle?/glass?)
            -"He detested failure more than anything else, even betrayal. Betrayal required intelligence and ruthlessness, failure only stupidity or lack of concentration."
            -Daniel Silva

Comment

• Originally posted by Brad519 View Post
              I have a question. I have two CMMG lowers with the standard buffer. I plan on putting a 16" upper on one and a 11.5" upper on the other. Should I have gotten a H Buffer or a H2 Buffer?

If so can I just purchase a H and/or a H2 buffer and replace the standard buffer? (Do I have to change out the spring, the whole tube, etc...)

This may be a dumb question but I honestly don't even know what a buffer does. Sorry if this has been asked and answered.
              What will these guns be used for? If its just recreation, leave them alone. If they have feeding/extraction issues, THEN switch out the buffers. If these are to be used for anything serious, including training, go ahead and get the H and H2 buffers.
              J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jwise View Post
                What will these guns be used for? If its just recreation, leave them alone. If they have feeding/extraction issues, THEN switch out the buffers. If these are to be used for anything serious, including training, go ahead and get the H and H2 buffers.
                I will be carrying one of them on patrol.
                So just get H2 for both of them?
                Also just to make sure I understand this correctly like Omega 556 replied above...I just get the H2 buffer and replace the standard buffer. Nothing else needs to be changed, correct?
                Last edited by Brad519; 01-23-2009, 02:29 AM.
                Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

Comment

• Originally posted by Omega_556
                  That would be my advice.

For example Todd at Noveske Rifleworks advises the use of H or H2 buffers on all carbines, and strongly suggest using H2 buffers on carbine length gas systems.

If the springs are new, nothing else needs to change, if the springs are questionable it would be a good idea to get a quality chrome silicon spring like these.

Hope that helps
                  Ok thanks. That is what I needed to know. I appreciate your help.

Comment

• Ammunition

I've read numerous posts regarding preferred ammunition etc. Heavier grain 5.56 etc. but can find none of it. In particular, I was told those heavier rounds are illegal and deemed to be armor piercing (?). I was told there are heavier grains available but they are like hollow points or something like that and travel a lot slower than a traditional round would. In any event, I would appreciate any suggestions as to preferred ammunition, that performs well, and what is accesible to the civilian population.

Comment

• Originally posted by tvez View Post
                      I've read numerous posts regarding preferred ammunition etc. Heavier grain 5.56 etc. but can find none of it. In particular, I was told those heavier rounds are illegal and deemed to be armor piercing (?). I was told there are heavier grains available but they are like hollow points or something like that and travel a lot slower than a traditional round would. In any event, I would appreciate any suggestions as to preferred ammunition, that performs well, and what is accesible to the civilian population.
                      that was alot of misinformation

there is the typical most common 55gr which is a decent round... M193

then there is M855 which is a 62gr bullet which has a steel core, so its SOMEWHAT AP, but its not considered an AP bullet

hollow point and FMJ (full metal jacket) are just types of bullets... HP will expand upon impact so as it goes through, it'll cut vital organs (sot of like barbed wire)

both are legal, although check your state laws as always

www.ammunitiontogo.com has plenty of ammo types you can check out. from tracers, to incendiary to AP to FMJ/HP, frangible

Comment

• Thanks. Why does it seem like this is the only place I can get accurate information ? Should have known by how arrogant the guy was that he was full of $%&.

Comment

• Jwise, this thread is impressive. I only have one question for you...what options do you have if your a southpaw??
                          Dark and light shall merge to one, I cannot finish, what I haven't begun.

Originally posted by Monkeybomb
                          What pic are you looking at. Its a babbons @55

Comment

yeah 55gr does seem to be the most common weight. You may notice though that a lot of LE and matchgrade rounds are heavier (62, 69, 77gr) But it does not make them illegal.
                            -"He detested failure more than anything else, even betrayal. Betrayal required intelligence and ruthlessness, failure only stupidity or lack of concentration."
                            -Daniel Silva

Comment

The preferred round for a 1/9 twist 5.56 rifle is a 69gr BTHP (Boat Tail Hollow Point.)

The preferred round for a 1/7 twist 5.56 rifle is a 77gr OTM (Open Tip Match.)

You should be able to find either one of these easily online.

What you were told is a total crock. None of these are illegal.
                              Last edited by jwise; 01-24-2009, 05:42 PM.
                              J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• http://www.hornadyle.com/products/de...p?id=72&sID=75

Got some of that on order.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8611 users online. 382 members and 8229 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X