Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just picked up 20 more olive drab 30 rd window pmags for less than $19 each. Just keep checking this thread once a while, and you will get lucky:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.htm...408136&page=12

Comment

• I went ahead and got 6. I don't have any of the window mags, nor any in OD Green.

I posted that link in the P-Mag video thread.
      J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• They are sold out now.

Comment

• Originally posted by AviatorDoc View Post
          So has anyone recd their upper recievers from CMMG? Not a word from them since placing the order. How long is the real wait time?
          I've heard from some folks on other forums that from order to delivery was about 10 weeks. I'm not sure what they ordered. Your wait time can depend on if you were ordering something stock or custom.

Comment

• Group Buy

Anyone looking to get in on a great group buy. Over in AR15 there was a group buy that just ended for a stag kit minus reciever for $599. Including shipping, and they offer several different kits. As I said the group buy just ended, but he posted once he makes it back from the SHOT show that he will start it back up for +10 over the old price.

Yes, yes I know the wait is rediculous right now but thats ok as soon as the weather gets nice outside I will have myself a wonderful rifle to put together and shoot!

It's really great to hear that in a time when everyone is trying to stick it to people trying to buy an AR somebody is keeping their prices low.

And no Im not affiliated with the company at all just a very happy consumer.

Comment

So has anyone recd their upper receivers from CMMG? Not a word from them since placing the order. How long is the real wait time?

I placed an order on 11/16/2008 for an upper and on 11/17/2008 for a lower. Received the lower in about five days. Still waiting on the upper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tilden View Post
                I placed an order on 11/16/2008 for an upper and on 11/17/2008 for a lower. Received the lower in about five days. Still waiting on the upper.
                I am a little concerned here. Mine were placed on 12/28 and am wondering if I will ever get em. At least before new laws come in place and ......

Comment

• Thanks everyone for all of the useful information

Jwise - I read all of your posts and noticed that you had an optics setup that consisted of and Eotech w/ a 3x FTS magnifier.

I currently have an Eotech 512 and was hoping to get a 3x FTS mag to help w/ some competition shoots where you have targets out to 300yds. Based on some feedback I recieved - it seems that the 3x mag w/ the flip to side mount sits a bit high - which results in seeing a shadow from the top of the eotech.

Wondering your opinion on the Eotech 3x FTS magnifier - has it held up to what you expected? Any shadow issues? I expect to use the FTS during shoots where you have a course w/ both long range and close quarter targets - so I want something that's going to hold up.

Appreciate the help!

Comment

• I would recommend this:

It's a Meopta K-Dot 1-4X30mm illuminated scope. The illumination is good enough to use in bright sunlight, so it works as a red dot optic on 1X, or as a reticle only scope on 4X (or any variation in between.)

I'm sad to say, but I have never had a 3X magnifier. I don't know where I confused you, but I sometimes post pictures of other people's gear, just to show different examples.
                    J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• I'm looking at what is probably a postban AR. The bayonet lug appears to have been removed. My question is this. Is it legal to replace the front sight with a bayonet lug on this if it is postban since the ban expired?
                      sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• Originally posted by zeplin View Post
                        I'm looking at what is probably a postban AR. The bayonet lug appears to have been removed. My question is this. Is it legal to replace the front sight with a bayonet lug on this if it is postban since the ban expired?
                        Yes, but it will involve some serious gunsmithing as the taper pins, FSB, and barrel are matched. Replacing the FSB is not "drop-in".

Comment

• Originally posted by jwise View Post
                          For $130, you could buy a new bolt carrier assembly from Bravo Company Manufacturing, and greatly improve your rifle.

As for a quality optic at a discount, you could try Burris. They've greatly increased their quality, and their prices are pretty good!

Burris FastFire: $169 from Optics Planet

This optic is used by LaRue in their "IronDot" mount.

Or you could try this one out by Burris:

Burris 300205 XTS-135 1X SpeedDot: $209 from Optics Planet

Also, Burris offers LEO pricing, which is a pretty good deal.

Comment

So has anyone recd their upper recievers from CMMG? Not a word from them since placing the order. How long is the real wait time?
                            Faxed order last week of December, finally got a phone call with total 2nd week of January, took another week to get through by phone to make payment
                            Indicated to them this was an LEO patrol rifle build, I was told uppers are 4-5 weeks after you receive invoice.
                            Received email invoice 1/19 with an estimated shipping of 3-6 months!

So I would say sometime within 4 to 24 weeks

Comment

• I placed my order with CMMG on 12-15-08 and was told at least 3-4months. On 1-14-09 I received 8 lowers, 3 of them complete. Hopefully the addition of an upper will not slow your order down to much.

Comment

• Originally posted by jwise View Post
                                For $130, you could buy a new bolt carrier assembly from Bravo Company Manufacturing, and greatly improve your rifle.

As for a quality optic at a discount, you could try Burris. They've greatly increased their quality, and their prices are pretty good!

Burris FastFire: $169 from Optics Planet

I'm very interested in this optic. What is the advantage to paying $200 more for an EOTech, how reliable are the fastfires, etc?
                                Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6182 users online. 321 members and 5861 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X