Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bought a LPK from M1S. That was a mistake. The bolt catch was crooked.

They replaced it, but you'd better believe any future LPKs will NOT be coming from M1S.
    J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jwise View Post
      I bought a LPK from M1S. That was a mistake. The bolt catch was crooked.
      They replaced it, but you'd better believe any future LPKs will NOT be coming from M1S.

That's about how some of the hammer and triggers were on the ones I sent back. It appeared they were bent somehow after the forging process. I post some pics after I get them to photobucket.
      sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• Trigger holes not lined up preventing pin from going through.

2 Triggeres & Hammer. Notice hammer hole off center

Hammer Notice hole housing on right appears to be bent, plus the OD of the housing on right is smaller than that on the left.

Hammer

Last edited by zeplin; 01-15-2009, 12:42 PM.
        sigpic

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• Holy cow! Who made/sold those?
          J. Wise

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jwise View Post
            Holy cow! Who made/sold those?
            I won't publicly say who sold them since they issued a full refund immediately upon receipt. The forge stampings were 'S'. But I see that on a lot of them, so that may or may not tell who made them. Could be the seller bought in bulk and unwittingly ended up with a bunch of garbage.
            sigpic

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• On the brighter side, I just ordered a S&W M&P15 5.45x39 16" A3 upper to go with one of my S&W M&P15 lowers.
              sigpic

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• Jan 15, 2009 7:26PM This is crazy! Earlier I got a surprise shipment from DoubleStar of 20 LRPK’s.
                Since I posted bad news about CMMG, I figured I might ought to see if these new LRPK’s were any different from the ones I tried on my friends lowers. So I called him over. We were both most pleasantly surprised to find that each and every bolt stop slipped into place the way it ought to from all 20 kits.

We were 100% satisfied that all the kits I received today were perfect and that what I said about CMMG being being out of spec should be TOTALLY IGNORED. Sometimes I am thrilled to prove myself wrong and this is one of those rare times.
                sigpic

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• Anyone know a good place to secure some P-MAGs now? Brownells and MidwayUSA aren't accepting backorders.

EDIT, they are actually, just a bit confusing the way they do it. Waiting on an upper and some pmags now, woot.
                  Last edited by phoenixdown; 01-15-2009, 08:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by phoenixdown View Post
                    Anyone know a good place to secure some P-MAGs now? Brownells and MidwayUSA aren't accepting backorders.
                    I've been looking too. Far as I can tell the only way to get them immediately is to pay highway robbery prices. Local gun shop somehow managed to get a few but they wanted $39.95 for them. I said YGTBSM. The guy just smiled and said "Obama and Pelosi". Saw some at a gun show two weeks ago. 20 rd version for $30. And neither of those guys had black. They were green and FDE.
                    Oh well. Hopefully Magpul will ramp up production. Maybe not though. They're probably loving the hysteria of recent months. All this Pmag "mystique" is definitely good for their brand.

Comment

• Originally posted by cryhavoc View Post
                      I've been looking too. Far as I can tell the only way to get them immediately is to pay highway robbery prices. Local gun shop somehow managed to get a few but they wanted $39.95 for them. I said YGTBSM. The guy just smiled and said "Obama and Pelosi". Saw some at a gun show two weeks ago. 20 rd version for $30. And neither of those guys had black. They were green and FDE.
                      Oh well. Hopefully Magpul will ramp up production. Maybe not though. They're probably loving the hysteria of recent months. All this Pmag "mystique" is definitely good for their brand.
                      I started to say there's no way I'd pay that for a PMag, yet yesterday when I ordered my 5.45x39 upper I paid an additional $29.95 for an extra mag, and it was not a PMag. Dumb A**!!
                      sigpic

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• Originally posted by phoenixdown View Post
                        Anyone know a good place to secure some P-MAGs now? Brownells and MidwayUSA aren't accepting backorders.

EDIT, they are actually, just a bit confusing the way they do it. Waiting on an upper and some pmags now, woot.
                        Yeah, this is a tough one. There are some sites that will accept a backorder, but most aren't. What I found interesting recently is that a number of sites are now restricting the number of PMAGS they will sell to you (this may apply to other magazines, but I didn't check). It seems that there are a lot of folks who are "hoarding" PMAGS and other magazines, perhaps for personal use, but more likely for future resale. Some of the online sites with the lower prices are now restricting this, and I'm glad they are. I mean, I know you'll need a good number of magazines for when the zombies come, but they move slow so that should allow you to reload!?!?

Comment

• So has anyone recd their upper recievers from CMMG? Not a word from them since placing the order. How long is the real wait time?

Comment

• Originally posted by AviatorDoc View Post
                            So has anyone recd their upper recievers from CMMG? Not a word from them since placing the order. How long is the real wait time?
                            1/18/09 DUMB AS A FREAKING BRICK. Thought Doc was talking about lowers.

Just depends. My last order from CMMG could have taken less than a week, but I changed FFL's and they lost the info on my new FFL. Ordered 12/21. Ready to ship 12/22. Due to the confusion from changing FFL's it was 01/06 before I picked them up.

Not their fault. Changed FFL's because FFL on record was charging $25 per piece that they transferred. New FFL was $40 for 9 lowers. So it was worth the delay to save $185.

They seem to have their stuff together now so order away from CMMG. They'll do you right.
                            Last edited by zeplin; 01-18-2009, 08:06 AM.
                            sigpic

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• A friend told me that Academy had P-Mags in stock for $39.95ea. He said the same as you, "no way!" I told him that if the truth be known, the P-Mag IS WORTH $40!!! It is a better magazine than the H&K High Reliability mag, which sold all day long for $40, and even commanded as much as $50 and $60 often times.

I know it's hard to pay more when others paid/pay less, but unlike a lot of things that are ridiculously over-inflated and not worth the super-inflated prices, the P-Mag is actually worth it. If Magpul would have priced these things at $30 or $40 from the start, I'd still have some. Maybe not as many, but I would have some.
                              J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

• My AK comes in next week, and hopefully I won't be waiting to long for the P-Mags, but it's ok because I'm still waiting on my upper and have easy access to USGI mags. I went from wanting one lower, to four now. Two 5.56 uppers (M4 and M16 types) and two more to experiment with maybe a 6.5 Grendel upper and try the 5.7 upper. But for now, most of the lower will get locked away once I get around to ordering them. :/

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8370 users online. 409 members and 7961 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X