300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magazines

Ok . . . capacity. Reserved a number of the Pmags when the stores next shippment gets in. Apparently they can't keep them in stock, they are flying of the shelves.

Comment

• Oh yeah, I ran across a few people who really like their Crimson Trace laser grips on their pistols. I heard they make them for AR's. Does anyone have any experience with them on the AR? Obviously probably a limited range of effectiveness but curious if anyone has any experience with them.

Comment

• Thanks

Wow...from a first time AR15 buyer thanks for all the great information!

I have decided to purchase a Bushmaster BCWA3F-14M4IZ for my first AR mainly due to price and current availability/possible eventual ban.

On the subject of possible bans, I was wondering where to pick up some of the magazines you mentioned above.

Thanks

Comment

• Get on a waiting list, and hopefully you'll be able to get some when the next orders come in...
          J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Waiting list

Do you mean get on these waiting lists on the company websites or at local stores?

Thanks

Forgot to mention on my previous message...I got my AR through www.gunforall.com
            One of the few places I found with anything in stock.

Comment

• I bought a DPMS Panther A3 Light 16 a few weeks back right from DPMS. The law enforcement discount was around $650. I've yet to shoot it. I have a Bushmaster varmint gun with a 22" barrel and an old Colt AR Sporter without the forward assist. Nice classic!

I'm looking for a good tactical site for the DPMS that won't cost an arm and a leg (like everybody else I need to save some money). Are there any out there? I tried to read all of the pages to this thread but gave up due the wealth of information! I did learn that DPMS isn't the best choice that I made in an AR-15, correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by sigcopper View Post
                I bought a DPMS Panther A3 Light 16 a few weeks back right from DPMS. The law enforcement discount was around $650. I've yet to shoot it. I have a Bushmaster varmint gun with a 22" barrel and an old Colt AR Sporter without the forward assist. Nice classic!

I'm looking for a good tactical site for the DPMS that won't cost an arm and a leg (like everybody else I need to save some money). Are there any out there? I tried to read all of the pages to this thread but gave up due the wealth of information! I did learn that DPMS isn't the best choice that I made in an AR-15, correct?
                For $130, you could buy a new bolt carrier assembly from Bravo Company Manufacturing, and greatly improve your rifle.

As for a quality optic at a discount, you could try Burris. They've greatly increased their quality, and their prices are pretty good!

Burris FastFire: $169 from Optics Planet

This optic is used by LaRue in their "IronDot" mount.

Or you could try this one out by Burris:

Burris 300205 XTS-135 1X SpeedDot: $209 from Optics Planet

J. Wise

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• JWise, seems like you're the "go-to-guy" when it comes to AR answers.

Got a question for ya.

To mount a red dot optic on an A3 upper, I'm having fits trying to find a mount for the A3 handle.

Seems like everything I see is for either the flat top or an A2 handle.

I haven't been able to locate (yes, I've researched it a bunch) a mount to fit on the A3 handle, without taking the handle off, mounting it directly to the flat top and going with a BUIS.

I would like to retain the stock sights if possible.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for all the advice you give around here.

"Yes sir, I know you have rights."
                  "In fact, I know your rights better than you do!"

Comment

• In my limited experience I have found that Magpul sells their magazines through retailers only now. Go to a gun store in your area, give them a deposit (I gave my store $10 to reserve 10, 30 rnd Pmags) and they will call you when the get in.

Comment

• Originally posted by cajunguy View Post
                      To mount a red dot optic on an A3 upper, I'm having fits trying to find a mount for the A3 handle.

I haven't been able to locate (yes, I've researched it a bunch) a mount to fit on the A3 handle, without taking the handle off, mounting it directly to the flat top and going with a BUIS.

What optic are you wanting?

If you want to retain the "stock" A2 style rear sight, what is wrong with the LMT BUIS?

A red dot optic mounted above the carrying handle is too high. The already high sights of an AR-15 is now more than doubled over the bore axis. Considering that a red dot is usually associated with close engagements, the POI/POA offset would be significantly higher at short ranges. The high sight also elimnates any cheekweld (unless you have a huge face) and you resort to using a "jaw-weld".

I can't remember if a detachable carrying handle is dimensionally different from an A2 handle. The sights are slightly different as well as the opening is different, but I don't know about the groove along the top.

Comment

• Ar-15

For Active Leo's Go To 44 Mag.com Active Leo's Are Not Restricted As Retired ( Unles You Are A Rmp Nyc Only )or Civilian's Also Ar15.com Go To The Ee Post Some Good Deal's Sometime's And A Lot Of Information Good Luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by cajunguy View Post
                          JWise, seems like you're the "go-to-guy" when it comes to AR answers.

Got a question for ya.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for all the advice you give around here.

Beavo is right. If you mount a red dot optic on TOP of the carry handle, it is absurd. I know this, because I did it (a LONG time ago, on my first AR-15.) Before long, you wise up (no pun intended) and do what we all did. Mount the optic to the rail, and get a BUIS.

If you have your heart SET on mounting an optic on TOP of the carry handle, I'll give in and send you my old mount. I'm warning you; you won't like it...

(If you really want it, send me $10 to cover shipping/handling and I'll get it in the mail for ya.)
                          J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

• JWise- Do you know anybody that has used either of the 2 Burris optics that you mentioned? What type of rings would you use?

Comment

• Not personally, but a LOT of people use the Burris FastFire mini-red dot, including LaRue Tactical. I've just ordered their AK IronDot, which uses the Burris FastFire as the base optic. I'll let you know after I receive it...
                              J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

• The Burris Iron Dot by LaRue: $349

Last edited by jwise; 01-13-2009, 07:45 PM.
                                J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6340 users online. 339 members and 6001 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X