300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jwise View Post
    Ok, then that same one has simple dimples on top along its axis instead of being dimpled from the sides.

The first one on the left has pretty weak staking. It'll probably hold, but it looks like my Bushmasters, or like a DPMS.

Which is which?
    The 2 on the left are RRA, next is Double Star, last is CMMG.
    sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• First AR Build

I have been looking to buy an AR for some time and probably should have purchased one before the election as prices have jumped quite a bit. I'm not law enforcement so this will not be a duty weapon. Home protection, rabbits, yotes, and plinking. In a long long stretch this could get pressed into a deer rifle if it were a bad weather day and didn't feel like taking my 700 PSS.

Now to the details. I found what seems to be a pretty good deal on a Stag. 750 for a Quad Rail upper with a BUIS included. I also have a Stag lower on order for 135 but could still cancel. I know they do not come with in a Mid-Length which I would prefer but do not need. I'm more concerned with the M4 ramps. Can these be done by a gunsmith or would you just leave it as it comes. Also I have seen that you can shoot up to or around 68-69gr out of a 1x9 barrel I was just checking to see if you still felt this was accurate.

Also I got a line on a Bushnell Holosight. Sounds like a damn good deal but wasn't sure if there was any limitations to the Holosight.

As you can probably tell. Funding for the rifle is someone limited but I don't want to make to many compromises.

Any ideas of thoughts would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

Comment

• Do not try to "dremel" in extended feedramps. They are a nice feature, if you're choosing between two options, but not "necessary."

1:9 twist is fine for 69gr fodder. You'll be pleased with the result, as I took a 200+ boar with one, and a smallish buck with another. Good ammo.

If the $750 is for the WHOLE rifle, not just the upper, JUMP on it! Sounds like a REALLY good deal. Stag makes good stuff, they just don't have all the features available elsewhere.
        J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• 750 is for the upper, buis, quad rail, stock, and lpk. Everything except the stripped lower.

Includes shipping.

I can get a RRA 2 stage for another 88 bucks!

Last edited by CiviSheepDog; 01-05-2009, 04:36 PM. Reason: oops

Comment

• Is this done right.

Comment

• Perfect. Is that from your Colt?
              J. Wise

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Yes sir, the top looks the same as the bottom. Just the guy who took the pics sucks. If you want any specific pics let me know.

Comment

• Here is a link to a great article on buying and evaluating your AR. It talks about proper staking of your bolt carrier and your end plate. As well as things to look at in regards to your buffer and extractor springs.

http://tacticalyellowvisor.net/8343/16001.html

Also check out his chart when it comes to purchase. You will see that alot of these popular civilian purchases arent the best buys. Most professionals recommend Colt, LMT, Noveske, Bravo Co and LWRC.

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=6642

Comment

• double post...sorry guys
                    Last edited by Kilo20; 01-06-2009, 02:29 AM. Reason: double post

Comment

• jwise (and everyone on this thread),

Thank you so much for spending your time discussing these rifles. I am a complete beginner when it comes to AR's and you all have advanced my knowledge significantly. I was clueless, looking for help and found it here on this thread. I was going to go buy CMMG and buy a complete gun as I am such a novice and was a little too scared to build one out of the gate, but I went into a gun store today and there among the S&W, Bushmaster, and Rock River AR's was a Colt LE6920. Jwise, I know you aren't a fan of Colt (goodness they are expensive), but after playing around with it for a while and knowing how hard they are to come by . . . I couldn't resist and I am now in the 24 hour waiting period before I can pick it up. I'm going to shoot it for a couple of months and then start adding the rails, grip, stock, optics, etc. I am very excited and thank you all (especially you Jwise) for all the knowledge and commentary. I'll let you know how it goes.

Comment

• Congratulations on your new purchase! It will serve you well...
                        J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

• Thank you for giving me the confidence to purchase this firearm and giving me the knowledge of what I'm purchasing. Even as a self professed novice, I could see the guy was impressed by what I knew and the questions i asked. Gonna grab a bunch of mags when i pick up the gun before they take the high density magazines away from us.

Comment

• "Capacity," bro. High "capacity"....
                            NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

• Originally posted by tvez View Post
                              Thank you for giving me the confidence to purchase this firearm and giving me the knowledge of what I'm purchasing. Even as a self professed novice, I could see the guy was impressed by what I knew and the questions i asked. Gonna grab a bunch of mags when i pick up the gun before they take the high density magazines away from us.
                              Man you're screwed on capacity there in the communist state of Illinois. 15 or fewer rds max depending on your location.
                              sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
                                "Capacity," bro. High "capacity"....
                                Heh, my HK AR mag is high density...
                                The DA/SA handgun: A NAZI solution to a problem that didn't exist!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9571 users online. 453 members and 9118 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X