• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any experiences with the CMMG 2 stage trigger

Comment

• Originally posted by AZO1026 View Post
      Any experiences with the CMMG 2 stage trigger
      No. I keep adjustable triggers out of my rifles these days. Rock River Arm's 2-stage trigger is non-adjustable, so I use it.
      J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

Any experiences with the CMMG 2 stage trigger
        I have both.

The CMMG trigger is sweet, but... it also has two tiny allen screws for adjustments that could be it's achilles heel. I asked CMMG about this and they said that they have fired over 10,000 rds through their test rifles with this trigger without a failure.

The Rock River Arms does not have any adjustments. It is just as sweet as the CMMG without any concerns of a failure like with the CMMG.

Sure, you can save about $70 going with the CMMG, but if you are using it for LE or anything else where it's your life on the line, I would spend the extra and go with the Rock River Arms.
        sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• Originally posted by jwise View Post
          No. I keep adjustable triggers out of my rifles these days. Rock River Arm's 2-stage trigger is non-adjustable, so I use it.

jwise:

Is this the RRA match two stage trigger you are referring to?
          AR0093NMK
          RRA NM Two Stage Trigger Kit
          This will be an LE app.do you recommend this, or just stay with stock CMMG?

Also, is the U-1605 CMMG the upper you have been referring to as the "government" style?

Any tactical advantage to the tear drop fwd assist, Charging handle upgrade (Gen II Tac Latch)?

BS-5 or BS-13 stock (no photo on website) or CBS6, not listed in the options, but its the same price as the BS-5? any +/- to either

I would also, like many others, like to thank you for your time writing all this info. I was within a day of spending my money on an M&P15 (1st choice) or DPMS (2nd choice) until I read all this info. You presented just the facts and "what you see" info that allowed us to make our own choice, and I have ordered my lower from CMMG and awaiting your response to the above to order the upper. I have no problem waiting for quality, so its time to sit back and plan out the accessories.

Comment

jwise:

Is this the RRA match two stage trigger you are referring to?
            There is only one RRA Nat'l Match 2-stage trigger, so if you found it, that's the one.

This will be an LE app.do you recommend this, or just stay with stock CMMG?
            I have these triggers in all my "go" rifles, including the one I carried on duty.

Also, is the U-1605 CMMG the upper you have been referring to as the "government" style?
            Since there is not a "government" midlength, they don't call it that, but yeah, that's the one you want.

Any tactical advantage to the tear drop fwd assist, Charging handle upgrade (Gen II Tac Latch)?
            No, and don't bother. The tear drop is just for those who like the old-school looks, and the tac latch gets hung on your gear and messes stuff up more than it helps anything. I tried out one of those once, and took it right off.

BS-5 or BS-13 stock (no photo on website) or CBS6, not listed in the options, but its the same price as the BS-5? any +/- to either
            This is gonna be a personal choice, but I'd just get the basic BS-5 stock.

I would also, like many others, like to thank you for your time writing all this info. I was within a day of spending my money on an M&P15 (1st choice) or DPMS (2nd choice) until I read all this info. You presented just the facts and "what you see" info that allowed us to make our own choice, and I have ordered my lower from CMMG and awaiting your response to the above to order the upper. I have no problem waiting for quality, so its time to sit back and plan out the accessories.
            You're welcome. I'm glad it served its purpose.
            J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Changes have been made and order is in!!
              This thread saved me a BUNCH of wasted time and money!
              Now back to the catalogs for the rest of the goodies

Comment

• You got your chrome-molly barrels, chrome lined barrrels and another lined barrel that is supposed to be equal to or better than the chrome lined...but I can't remember what it is... and it's not stainless. What the heck is it???
                sigpic

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• Originally posted by zeplin View Post
                  You got your chrome-molly barrels, chrome lined barrrels and another lined barrel that is supposed to be equal to or better than the chrome lined...but I can't remember what it is... and it's not stainless. What the heck is it???
                  I can't remember what they call it, but are you talking about that black stuff that CMMG uses?

Comment

• Originally posted by velobard View Post
                    I can't remember what they call it, but are you talking about that black stuff that CMMG uses?
                    Maybe? I don't remember where I read about it.
                    sigpic

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• I saw a few bare lowers in stock tonight at my favorite shop, but I let it pass. They're from Coastal Gun Inc and I found one mention online that they might be forged by LMT. They wanted $250 for just the stripped lower, and a Stag kit would've been another $110.

Has anyone here even heard of Coastal Gun (CGI)?

Comment

• Question on forearm rails!

I'm looking at getting an AR, and mounting an eotech 512 with the flip to side magnifier, and of course a BUIS. Does the A3 upper have enough rail to mount this on, or am I going to need a railed forearm?

EDIT: and another question!

Does the A2 stock have any accuracy points or bonuses as compared to the normal collapsible stock?
                        Last edited by phoenixdown; 12-11-2008, 12:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by phoenixdown View Post
                          Question on forearm rails!

I'm looking at getting an AR, and mounting an eotech 512 with the flip to side magnifier, and of course a BUIS. Does the A3 upper have enough rail to mount this on, or am I going to need a railed forearm?

EDIT: and another question!

Does the A2 stock have any accuracy points or bonuses as compared to the normal collapsible stock?

depends on which magnifier, on my M4 style carbine, there is only enough room between the BUIS and the Eotech to get your finger in there to turn it on, i think you may have to do a hand guard rail..without seeing your rifle i cant say for sure..you can try mounting the eotech as far forward on the receiver as possible, or use a riser/extender off the receiver for a couple extra notches..

if this is the magnifier, you wont have room on the receiver itself..http://www.opticsplanet.net/picture-...magnifier.html
                          Last edited by Mstangfk; 12-11-2008, 01:18 AM.
                          In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete drawn only to be washed away, for the time that I've been given, I am what I am. I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, Than have you love me for being something that Im not

Comment

• Thanks to the OP.
                            I will probably be buying one within a month or two and needed a guide like this. Maybe they should make this a sticky. I guess I better just pull this to my desktop so I will always have this post.

thank you again.
                            "I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy." - unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by Mstangfk View Post
                              depends on which magnifier, on my M4 style carbine, there is only enough room between the BUIS and the Eotech to get your finger in there to turn it on, i think you may have to do a hand guard rail..without seeing your rifle i cant say for sure..you can try mounting the eotech as far forward on the receiver as possible, or use a riser/extender off the receiver for a couple extra notches..

if this is the magnifier, you wont have room on the receiver itself..http://www.opticsplanet.net/picture-...magnifier.html
                              Yeah, didn't think it would fit.

Comment

• Originally posted by jwise View Post
                                Picture of rifle from page 1:

Thank you! I like it too...

The LWRC is fitted with a Grenadier Precision railed handguard. I do not believe GP exists anymore, as LWRC hired the people who owned that company and brought them in-house. So, I think the rail would now just be made by LWRC, but I am not certain of the exact nature of their business organization. It is very similar to the Troy rail, and that was the reason I first went with Troy. The GP rail has a feature to allow the user to remove the top rail, to access the piston components. This isn't necessary for any reason, but folks like to tinker...

On the rail are Tango Down rail panels, Tango Down vertical foregrip, a Daniel Defense Offset Light Mount, and a Magpul ladder rail on top. The light is a Night Ops Falcata 9v weaponlight.

The pistol grip is a Tango Down Battlegrip, but it has since been replaced with an Ergo grip, as I like it better.

The stock is a Magpul CTR, the magazine is a Magpul P-Mag, and the sling is a Spec-Ops Mamba. The backup iron sight is a LaRue, and the optic is an EOTech 512 (spray-painted hood.) The suppressor is an Advanced Armament Corp M4-2000 (mod 07), also referred to simply as M4-2K. The trigger is a Rock River Arms 2-stage Nat'l Match.

I would get the CMMG 10.3" flattop upper pictured here:

Replace the handguards with a Troy MRF-C, and add the accessories listed above. While the LWRC is a 10.5" instead of a 10.3", I'll bet no one could then tell the difference between the two.

Good luck, and get your pocket book ready!
                                Thanks!

What options on the upper?

Also, will this rifle be legal under since its under 16 inches? What hider would make it legal? What do you have on your LWRC?
                                Last edited by fish4life; 12-12-2008, 07:06 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12028 users online. 426 members and 11602 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X