300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dave80 View Post
    I still can't decide between Colt LE6920 or CMMG. With the LEO discount it's kinda hard to pass on the Colt, but the wait might be way way longer I was told.
    At the same price, get the Colt (unless you don't wish to support their company for political reasons.)
    J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jwise View Post
      They are the same. Both are flattops.
      So if someone wanted to buy A3 and I only had an A4 I could tell them I had an A3 and sell them my A4 and nobody would ever know the difference?
      sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• Pretty much.
        “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

• Originally posted by zeplin View Post
          So if someone wanted to buy A3 and I only had an A4 I could tell them I had an A3 and sell them my A4 and nobody would ever know the difference?
          I'm slightly confused. Is this just an upper receiver that you have for sale, or a complete upper? If it's a complete upper, it shouldn't be called either one of them, as both the A3 and A4 are specific models of the M16, and they would not accurately reflect what you are describing.

The "A3" commonly refers to the commercial version of the flattop upper.

The "A4" commonly refers to the US Marine Corp's M16A4 rifle, which is a 20" 3-round burst rifle with a flattop upper, typically equipped with a rifle-length railed handguard (Knight's Armament rail) and ACOG combat optic.

So what exactly are you selling?
          J. Wise

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Jwise, would you happen to know off hand if the HK416 is available for civilian purchase/possession?

Comment

They are the same. Both are flattops.

Originally posted by jwise View Post
              I'm slightly confused. Is this just an upper receiver that you have for sale, or a complete upper? If it's a complete upper, it shouldn't be called either one of them, as both the A3 and A4 are specific models of the M16, and they would not accurately reflect what you are describing.

The "A3" commonly refers to the commercial version of the flattop upper.

The "A4" commonly refers to the US Marine Corp's M16A4 rifle, which is a 20" 3-round burst rifle with a flattop upper, typically equipped with a rifle-length railed handguard (Knight's Armament rail) and ACOG combat optic.

So what exactly are you selling?
              Not selling. I was further confused by your saying they were both the same without the clarification you gave referring to the US Marine Corps M16A4.

When I asked the question I had just seen an upper described as an A4 and looking at it I could tell the difference.

Now I think I underwstand.
              sigpic

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• Originally posted by Till View Post
                Jwise, would you happen to know off hand if the HK416 is available for civilian purchase/possession?
                It is not openly available to the civilian market. They seem to think their stuff is too good for the "rest" of us...
                J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by zeplin View Post
                  Not selling. I was further confused by your saying they were both the same without the clarification you gave referring to the US Marine Corps M16A4.

When I asked the question I had just seen an upper described as an A4 and looking at it I could tell the difference.

Now I think I underwstand.
                  People oftentimes refer to flattop receivers as either A3 or A4 interchangeably. This refers only to the upper receiver, not the entire upper.

If I were King, I'd make everyone stop calling anything an A4 that isn't a direct reference to the M16A4.
                  J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

People oftentimes refer to flattop receivers as either A3 or A4 interchangeably. This refers only to the upper receiver, not the entire upper.

If I were King, I'd make everyone stop calling anything an A4 that isn't a direct reference to the M16A4.
                    Thanks for the clarification.

Found the ad. "Rock River Arms Light Weight Mid Length A4 Chrome Lined Rifle"
                    sigpic

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

Last edited by toasterlocker; 07-05-2013, 02:37 PM.

Comment

• Who makes the best receiver? Which receiver is the best? Which receiver is the highest quality?
                        Of course the answer is that all of them are pretty much the same. The actual brand of receiver means little to nothing. When deciding on which receiver you should purchase you should take into consideration two factors. Price and manufacturer. Of course if price is not an object, get the receiver that has the logo or emblem that you want. I know that is superficial, but the best receiver really boils down to the one you like the best.
                        There are currently FOUR manufacturers that produce the majority of lower receivers for the AR market. MMS, CMT, LMT and LAR receive orders from many licensed manufacturers who obtain an ATF variance to have them cut and logo receivers on their behalf.
                        Mega, Stag (CMT), LAR, and Barrett (LMT): Lower receivers from LAR ( Double Star )who makes them for:LAR = Grizzly, Bushmaster (L Prefix), Ameetech, (?)DPMS, CMMG, Double Star, Fulton, Spike's Tactical, Noveske (new)
                        sigpic

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• Me and a friend bought a couple AR-15s on the same day. I got the Bushmaster XM-15 E2S new and he got a Hesse something-or-other from a pawn shop. His is missing the part that locks the takedown pin into the receiver(?) and the part that holds the buffer into the stock. Any idea where to get these parts? We are not having much luck, I don't know what the parts are called nor even where to look for new ones. We are both new to the AR platform. We tried GameMasters but the guy there just looked confused, so did the pawn shop sales clerk and the salesman at Farm & Home where I got mine.
                          Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have.

Comment

• Originally posted by Till View Post
                            Jwise, would you happen to know off hand if the HK416 is available for civilian purchase/possession?
                            Some discussion on that topic here:
                            http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=22053

Comment

• Come talk about the H&K 416 with me over here.
                              Last edited by jwise; 12-02-2008, 08:48 AM.
                              J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Jere View Post
                                Me and a friend bought a couple AR-15s on the same day. I got the Bushmaster XM-15 E2S new and he got a Hesse something-or-other from a pawn shop. His is missing the part that locks the takedown pin into the receiver(?) and the part that holds the buffer into the stock. Any idea where to get these parts? We are not having much luck, I don't know what the parts are called nor even where to look for new ones. We are both new to the AR platform. We tried GameMasters but the guy there just looked confused, so did the pawn shop sales clerk and the salesman at Farm & Home where I got mine.
                                He bought a Hesse.... Oh, Lord have mercy upon him... The Hesse is the lowest of the low. This story you have related is typical.

Ok, he's missing the buffer retaining pin and the take-down pin detent. Probably the springs to go along with those as well.

If you need small parts, get in touch with Del-Ton. They should be able to send you just what you need. While you're at it (and to avoid spending more on postage than the parts), go ahead and get a complete spring and detent kit, or even better, get a complete spare parts kit. You'll need some of those pieces eventually, as those springs and detents get lost in the carpet from time-to-time!

Good luck!
                                J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8417 users online. 252 members and 8165 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X