300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
    I'm a little backward on posting multiple links. Use the O.com search engine with the word: nominations. There will be three threads started by user-Maralu, regarding the "O.com awards". BTW - Congratulations, you won!
    http://forums.officer.com/showthread...ht=nominations

Oh my gosh! I had no idea?! I did not expect this at all! Truly, it was just an honor to be nominated! Oh, I have SO many people to thank, I don't want to forget anybody...

[I'm practicing my Oscar speech.]

**EDIT** I just read the other thread, and it seems BlackDog and Nightshift VA were the other two nominees for this "award." I feel very "honored?"
    Last edited by jwise; 02-27-2008, 01:26 AM.
    J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

wow jwise thank you for posting all that info i am starting to look around now for a ar-15 and i found out i really dont know much about them this thead helps out alot i will have to re-read it a few times lol and take notes

Comment

Originally posted by KY Blue 72 View Post
        To answer your question jwise, NO I do not want to buy an AR-15. Not a big fan in the least. Give me something with a gas piston!
        Are you just trying to get me to do another MONSTER thread on why I chose my short-stroke gas piston operated LWRC M6A1 over the rest?

It's not gonna work!

Ok, maybe...

[Sheesh, and I thought I was done]
        J. Wise

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

my eyes hurt and my head's spinning. jwise is the man!
          Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

Sticky Anyone????

Jwise- Thanks for the great guide! I have been looking to pick up a AR for plinking/patrol whenever i get hired on, and I think you just sold me on CMMG.
            Let no one lose heart on account of this Philistine; your servant will go and fight him

Comment

Jwise,

you are the GUN GURU and deserve the title. next question if you could put any assecories on the gun what would it be
              sigpic

Comment

Hey Tonkatoyzz- you keep asking, but you see how I have my rifles setup. What exactly are you asking?

If you are curious how YOU should setup YOUR rifle, tell me what you do/plan to do with it. Tell me your operating parameters and I'll give you my best opinion.

*FROM MY PREVIOUS POSTS*

Originally posted by jwise
                My favorite configuration for a rifle-mounted weapon light is in a Daniel Defense Offset Light Mount attached to the 3 o'clock rail, just in front of my VFG.
                I chose Troy [for a two-piece, free-float railed forearm]
                I would mount an EOTech on the flattop, and put a LaRue fixed BUIS behind it.
                My favorite stock setup is a Hogue pistol grip w/ Gapper, and a Magpul CTR stock. The rifle would feed from Magpul P-Mags ($14ea) and would be loaded with Hornday TAP 75g OTM.
                A three-point sling is my personal favorite.
                I'd add a side sling swivel and run a Spec-Ops Mamba [sling],
                Last edited by jwise; 01-25-2008, 05:40 PM.
                J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jwise View Post
                  Are you just trying to get me to do another MONSTER thread on why I chose my short-stroke gas piston operated LWRC M6A1 over the rest?

It's not gonna work!

Ok, maybe...

[Sheesh, and I thought I was done]
                  lol. Sorry I browsed through the thread and I did not see where you said you chose a gas piston operated rifle. Where is that part at?
                  sigpic

Comment

This is a buyer's guide to the AR-15 rifle, not for derivatives of the rifle. I kept the comparisons to Direct Impingement rifles only, to keep it "apples to apples."

The LWRC is mentioned in the thread, but not as an alternative to the DI rifles. In fact, I didn't mention the words "short-stroke piston" anywhere.
                    J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

I've SERIOUSLY updated the thread, so if you already read it once, you might want to look at it again.
                      J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

That is your patrol rifle? Sorry if I missed it while reading through the thread, but what rifle is that and much do all those add ons run? If you dont mind saying that is.
                        This show is awesome, wrapped in supercool and smothered in bitchin. The only way it could be cooler is if he was riding a unicorn or something.

M-11

Comment

AND FINALLY, WHAT WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR... MY PICK

I will now go into my own personal pick, why I like it, and why I think you'll like it, too!

As you might have guessed, I will pick CMMG every time..[/b]
                          GREAT THREAD and thank you for putting it all together. I was also reading all the fall out at arfcom this weekend from your guide and I got a question.

I got a little turned off by all the negative CMMG comments and they seemed to be from experiences years ago. Comments regarding barrel quality, finish color, and stake jobs were all over the map. Accuracy speaks, so in spite of all the debates about steel certification and such, what would you rate the accuracy of your CMMG compared to the others you have experience with?

1MOA? 2 MOA? Improved Cylinder?

Also, I found some "in stock" Colt 6920's but am on the fence about a Colt Carbine vs a CMMG Midlength...
                          Last edited by bankfraudguy; 01-28-2008, 03:46 PM.

Comment

FWIW,

I spoke with a rep at Rock River Arms and they will have a lightweight profile, midlength barell available mid February after the SHOT show

Comment

I have been advised that Bushmaster now ships bolt carriers with fully shrouded firing pins and properly staked gas keys. I haven't seen the pictures yet, but will post them if I get them. Standby!
                              Here are the pictures of the bolt that was shipped with my Bushmaster Patrolman's Carbine. It was purchased in July, 2007.

It appears you are correct. The firing pin is fully shrouded.

The gas key, however, still needs some improvement on the staking.
                              Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
                              --Winston Churchill--

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSheriff View Post
                                Here are the pictures of the bolt that was shipped with my Bushmaster Patrolman's Carbine. It was purchased in July, 2007.

The gas key, however, still needs some improvement on the staking.
                                I've been thinking about the staking on the gas keys and you know the 'Proper way' looks good and neat, but I'd just about bet that those that are not 'properly staked' would still hold. Grab your favorite hex wrench and put it to the test. I think it will either round off or snap before you budge that hex screw.
                                sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7997 users online. 395 members and 7602 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X