Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Winchester ever make an AR? Neighbor has a fellow worker say he has one for sale made by Winchester. If they do, are they work looking at? and what would one be worth(ballpark figure)?
    sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• Remington now has a branded AR, but it's really just a Bushmaster (Remington and Bushmaster are now both owned by the same company, Cerebus.)

Winchester, however, is not one that I know of.
      J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jwise View Post
        Remington now has a branded AR, but it's really just a Bushmaster (Remington and Bushmaster are now both owned by the same company, Cerebus.)

Winchester, however, is not one that I know of.
        After I posted I googled Winchester AR and discovered that there is a Winchester Arkansas. Scrolled down and saw Winchester .308 so I figured the gun in question could be chambered for a .308 Winchester. Won't know for sure without seeing it. Supposed to be loaded with toys. Asking price is $650.
        sigpic

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• Originally posted by zeplin View Post
          I figured the gun in question could be chambered for a .308 Winchester.
          That makes a LOT more sense...

Supposed to be loaded with toys. Asking price is $650.
          What?!? $650 for a .308 win chambered AR-type rifle? Loaded? I'm intrigued...
          J. Wise

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by richxd87 View Post
            Hey Jwise, seeing that you are also from Houston, where can I get a feel for some of these other brands besides the usual Bushmaster from Academy?

Im really torn between two complete uppers at the moment, the Stag 2HT complete upper and your often recommended CMMG 16" Govt profile complete upper. What is your opinion? I prefer the Stag because of the included FF hand rail and BUIS being included in the pkg, but CMMG is 1:7, M4 feedramps... Please help me with this decision!!

Stag 2HT- $650
            CMMG 16" M4 - $575

Richard
            Richard,
            Academy is now carrying the S&W M&P series. I have one, got it from a different source and I am very pleased with it.
            Academy also carries the Sig556 WITH the holographic dot sight.

By the way, on the comment about that fellows elbow. For CQB, yes, it is high. For marksmanship purposes, it is in the right spot.

Comment

What?!? $650 for a .308 win chambered AR-type rifle? Loaded? I'm intrigued...
              Me too. My neighbors wife doesn't want him to have guns(and he's a Marine) plus he doesn't have the cash... so I'm seriously going to try to find out more about it. So my question is this. What do I need to look at/for to make sure it's the bargain I think it is at $650?
              sigpic

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• Originally posted by Vtoxic
                It was ok that I had forgot to bring my earplugs when I was shooting the nylon. But things were very very different when I squeezed off my first AR15 round. Holy*****. I set up a pretty nice ring pattern in my ears.
                Keep doing that crap and you will end up like me. I have constant ringing and measurable hearing loss in both ears. I have a lost most of my high range hearing in my left ear. Most of it was due to machine gun and high power rifle fire at times where ear plugs would have been hazardous to my health. There is NEVER an excuse to shoot on the range without ear pro. If I "forget" my ear pro, I go home.

To resolve this, most of my gun cases have the disposable foam plugs in them. I carry a set of Surefire plugs in my backpack and when I am actually going shooting I use a set of Peltor Sportac muffs.

Once you damage your hearing you will NEVER get it back. I wish I had the high speed ear pro they have today back in the day. I might have an easier time hearing my son when he talks.
                "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
                8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

• First off, as I continue researching my potential AR-15 purchase, this thread has been very useful. Thanks for all the info.

Ok, now my question.

Can someone buy a rifle straight from Colt? It sounds kind of like a wierd question, but looking over their website, it has a fair amount of information on the rifles, but I don't see anything about how to order. Are there "official" colt distributers that you know you're getting something brand new from? At this point I've narrowed my choices down to Stag and Colt. If I want a Stag I can order from Stag. If I want a Colt....I'm not really sure how to go about buying one. Thanks for the help.

Second question- has anyone on here used the website gunbroker.com? Is it reputable? Thanks again.

Comment

• Originally posted by emilio View Post
                    First off, as I continue researching my potential AR-15 purchase, this thread has been very useful. Thanks for all the info.

Ok, now my question.

Can someone buy a rifle straight from Colt? It sounds kind of like a wierd question, but looking over their website, it has a fair amount of information on the rifles, but I don't see anything about how to order. Are there "official" colt distributers that you know you're getting something brand new from? At this point I've narrowed my choices down to Stag and Colt. If I want a Stag I can order from Stag. If I want a Colt....I'm not really sure how to go about buying one. Thanks for the help.

Second question- has anyone on here used the website gunbroker.com? Is it reputable? Thanks again.

If you're an active, full time LEO, you can make an individual officer "letterhead" purchase direct from a firearms manufacturer, even across state lines.

You have to have your CLEO certify, under penalty of perjury, that the weapon you are purchasing will be for official LE use, and won't be resold.

Contact your local BATF-E office for more info.

Never used gunbroker.com. If you use it, you'll have to have your gun shipped to an FFL holder in your state, where you'll have to go through the NICS check and do the appropriate paperwork.
                    Politically Correct? No.

Truthful? Yes!

Comment

• I'm a civilian at this time. I'm hoping that will change, but at this time I am not a LEO.

Comment

• Originally posted by emilio View Post
                        First off, as I continue researching my potential AR-15 purchase, this thread has been very useful. Thanks for all the info.

Ok, now my question.

Don't buy a Colt. They do this little PC things the parts like the bolt and some kind of block above the interior of the trigger area.The other manufacturers don't do that.
                        Last edited by tony.o; 10-13-2008, 10:01 PM.
                        The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary.

Comment

• Originally posted by tony.o View Post
                          Don't buy a Colt. They do this little PC things the parts like the bolt and some kind of block above the interior of the trigger area.The other manufacturers don't do that.
                          Please fact check before posting comments like this. It would be good of you to at least read the pertinent parts of THIS thread before adding commentary that is in contradiction.

(1) There is nothing 'PC' about Colt's bolts.

(2) Colt has employed a "sear block" in the past, and does leave material in place where the auto-sear would go in their semi-auto lowers. So does everybody else. It may not be as pronounced, but it has the same effect.

Now- if you had just stated, "Don't buy a Colt, they're too PC and don't support the civilian/LE market," then I'd agree with you.
                          J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

Please fact check before posting comments like this. It would be good of you to at least read the pertinent parts of THIS thread before adding commentary that is in contradiction.

(1) There is nothing 'PC' about Colt's bolts.

(2) Colt has employed a "sear block" in the past, and does leave material in place where the auto-sear would go in their semi-auto lowers. So does everybody else. It may not be as pronounced, but it has the same effect.

Now- if you had just stated, "Don't buy a Colt, they're too PC and don't support the civilian/LE market," then I'd agree with you.
                            OK, "Don't buy a Colt, they're too PC and don't support the civilian/LE market". They need to go back and produce the revolvers that were available, say back in the 1980s, Trooper series, etc.
                            My colts bolt is open the entire length on the bottom. You saying that their civilian models aren't that way anymore.
                            The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary.

Comment

• Ahhh... the BOLT CARRIER. They use a semi-auto carrier, instead of the full-auto carrier. Almost EVERY manufacturer uses a semi-auto bolt carrier. There are different kinds of semi-auto carriers, and the Colt SA carrier is unique.

The Colt LE6920, which is the "standard" I used in my review, comes with a Full-Auto (FA) bolt carrier, even though it is a civilian legal semi-auto rifle. So that's not really an issue to those who would follow my advice herein...
                              J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

Ahhh... the BOLT CARRIER. They use a semi-auto carrier, instead of the full-auto carrier. Almost EVERY manufacturer uses a semi-auto bolt carrier. There are different kinds of semi-auto carriers, and the Colt SA carrier is unique.

The Colt LE6920, which is the "standard" I used in my review, comes with a Full-Auto (FA) bolt carrier, even though it is a civilian legal semi-auto rifle. So that's not really an issue to those who would follow my advice herein...
                                Yes, thats what I was mainly talking about. I don't know as much as you about the rifle and I do know that all the civilian bolt carrier is different from the military one, but don't all of the manufacturers of the civilian version make theirs the same and, well I guess you already answered that. But, I'd just want to have a rifle that other makers parts can be used in it, if it comes with parts like the others, then I guess it'd be OK.
                                The only Colts I see in the shops around here are leftovers made during the ban and have FOR LE USE ONLY, all over the thing, they aren't selling.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11909 users online. 445 members and 11464 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X