Clear All

• Wow, nice set up Glock Master!!

Comment

• Wow, nice set up Glock Master!!

Comment

• Man this board sucks....I'm out...

Comment

• Originally posted by boomstik45 View Post
          Hmmm. Well, according to this thread, the DPMS 20" upper with chrome bolt that I bought is worthless if I have to use my rifle for defensive purposes. Too bad I didn't read this thread first. Guess I'll have to get rid of it....I don't keep anything I can't fight with....
          1. Make sure it will reliably chamber and fire your duty round.
          2. Put about 1000 rounds of your duty round down the pipe.
          3. Make sure you inspect every part in detail when you clean it.

"I" would dump the DPMS Bolt Carrier Assembly and replace it with a CMT/LMT/RRA or Colt assembly that has been MP tested and properly staked. I would also run a 5.56NATO Reamer in the chamber and check the headspace so that it will reliably fire just about anything out there. Finally I like to function check my AR's with Wolf ammo because it's cheap, filthy, and underpowered.

In reality you would probably be better off just selling the whole 20" upper half and getting a 16" upper with a 1:7 twist from a reilable vendor (CMMG, Noveske, LaRue etc.)
          "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
          8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

• Boomstik,
            Shoot me a PM, we can get together sometime at the DNR range in richmond hill if you like and check out your AR. I'm sure that upper is fine. No need to spend loads of money unless it's not working properly. Living near an armorer has its advantages.... Close by - warehouse 27.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackdog F4i View Post

"I" would dump the DPMS Bolt Carrier Assembly and replace it with a CMT/LMT/RRA or Colt assembly that has been MP tested and properly staked.

What's "properly staked" ?

Comment

• Originally posted by formerNOPD View Post
                What's "properly staked" ?

On Post #7 of this thread are some pics of properly and improperly staked.
                sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• Originally posted by zeplin View Post
                  On Post #7 of this thread are some pics of properly and improperly staked.
                  Funny that those pictures are contrary to what the US Army Ordnance School teaches military armorers...

Comment

• *bump* This is too good to be forgotten
                    If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson

Ignored:
                    juicesnn4e2

Comment

• What I said last time ^^^^^^
                      If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson

Ignored:
                      juicesnn4e2

Comment

• Originally posted by formerNOPD View Post
                        Funny that those pictures are contrary to what the US Army Ordnance School teaches military armorers...
                        Have you got any pics of what the Army calls correct?
                        sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• I just got off the phone with CMMG because I had a few questions about their parts/options. One of the questions I was sure to ask was what are the benefits and/or legal issues of a FA BCG. They said the benefits were a greater weight (in grams, not ounces) which reduced the cyclic rate and may increase reliability but did not have much benefit in a semi auto carbine/rifle. They said there was no manufacturing/machining or tolerance differences between the semi and FA carrier. He also when on to say there we NO legal issues with having a FA carrier in a semiauto rifle in ANY state that he knew of. I was impressed with the customer service and product and they will be getting some of my hard earned bling on Thursday.
                          Last edited by 135dB; 04-15-2008, 09:57 AM. Reason: .
                          -"He detested failure more than anything else, even betrayal. Betrayal required intelligence and ruthlessness, failure only stupidity or lack of concentration."
                          -Daniel Silva

Comment

• ^ Should have asked them if they had a promoter by the name of Jwise on their payroll
                            “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

• They don't, I'm free. If I sing the praises of good companies like this, you ought to hear me gripe when I get shafted! Ouch!
                              J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• I thought he answered the phone when I called
                                -"He detested failure more than anything else, even betrayal. Betrayal required intelligence and ruthlessness, failure only stupidity or lack of concentration."
                                -Daniel Silva

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9284 users online. 438 members and 8846 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X