• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This should be a sticky...
    REINSTATE THE TRIG
    Originally posted by Iowa #1603
    Your logic defies logic
    Originally posted by Rudy8116
    Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
    Originally posted by Michigan
    Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
    Originally posted by TheTick
    A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
    This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
    Originally posted by 02paul09
    Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Comment

• I FINALLY picked up a Colt LE6920. The standard by which all others are judged. At the sub-$1k price, they are a no-brainer!

J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jwise View Post
        I FINALLY picked up a Colt LE6920. The standard by which all others are judged. At the sub-$1k price, they are a no-brainer!

Love mine!
        In Valor there is hope

Comment

• Any talk in this giant thread about going with a 14.5" barrel with a fixed muzzle device over at 16" barrel? I know it saves a whopping 3/4" to 1" on overall length but I can't stop considering it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tapatio View Post
            Any talk in this giant thread about going with a 14.5" barrel with a fixed muzzle device over at 16" barrel? I know it saves a whopping 3/4" to 1" on overall length but I can't stop considering it.
            For what reason?

Trying to avoid it being an SBR? Still needs to be a 16", so you save no length.

Making an SBR? Then why have it "fixed"?

Your question is perplexing.
            REINSTATE THE TRIG
            Your logic defies logic
            Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
            This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.

Comment

Any talk in this giant thread about going with a 14.5" barrel with a fixed muzzle device over at 16" barrel? I know it saves a whopping 3/4" to 1" on overall length but I can't stop considering it.
              If you're picking up a rifle with carbine length gas tube, go with the 14.5". For non-NFA ARs, I prefer 16" or 18" barreled ARs on mid length gas tubes. 16" barrel guns with non-adjustable carbine length gas systems are a bit overgassed.

Originally posted by BiteThePullet View Post
              For what reason?

Trying to avoid it being an SBR? Still needs to be a 16", so you save no length.

Making an SBR? Then why have it "fixed"?

Your question is perplexing.
              They're going for 1.5" shorter overall length. A 16" barrel with a muzzle device affixed becomes longer than 16".

Comment

• Originally posted by Carbonfiberfoot View Post
                If you're picking up a rifle with carbine length gas tube, go with the 14.5". For non-NFA ARs, I prefer 16" or 18" barreled ARs on mid length gas tubes. 16" barrel guns with non-adjustable carbine length gas systems are a bit overgassed.

They're going for 1.5" shorter overall length. A 16" barrel with a muzzle device affixed becomes longer than 16".
                Oh, I get what you are saying.....

No, seems pointless. Why would you want to trade off that much velocity for an inch of saved OAL?

Sent via Shine Box
                REINSTATE THE TRIG
                Your logic defies logic

Comment

• I typically overthink things, especially big purchases. I was obsessing over weight (and inches) when in reality, the Daniel Defense rifles I was looking at are all nearly the same weight. Finally just went and ordered a 16 inch model. It's unlikely I'll be using the rifle for clearing structures but rather standing around outside. As such, the 16 inch will be just fine. If and when I get the time down the road, I can go the true SBR route.

Comment

I typically overthink things, especially big purchases. I was obsessing over weight (and inches) when in reality, the Daniel Defense rifles I was looking at are all nearly the same weight. Finally just went and ordered a 16 inch model. It's unlikely I'll be using the rifle for clearing structures but rather standing around outside. As such, the 16 inch will be just fine. If and when I get the time down the road, I can go the true SBR route.
                    Understandable - believe me, when you are a poor college kid trying to get some solid black rifles, you begin to obsess over features v. cost.

You won't go wrong with DD, they are a solid brand.

Its funny, for 99% of users, I steer them towards heavy barreled varmint guns because all they will be doing is sitting on a bench and shooting. Yet everyone always wants the super-crazy ninja squirrel gun that will be under-utilized.

KISS - Keep it Stupid Simple

Sent via Shine Box
                    REINSTATE THE TRIG
                    Your logic defies logic

Comment

• Believe i paid 869 for my 2nd one

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6721 users online. 317 members and 6404 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X