300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Johnny5678 View Post
    I was thinking of getting an M&P15 (I think the Sport) at some point. I think the one I was looking at with sights can in at a bit around $900. I'm not much of a rifle person, but you can add a piccatiny rail to it for different accessories?

I'll be honest, I want to "tacticool" it if I get it.

Johnny You can basically do anything you want to the sport, change uppers, change barrels, the buffer tube is milspec, get different handguards. I bought mine for around the 600 range as mentioned by SCSU and Hitgym and I know they are going for that much in many outlets so I suggest you keep looking.

Heres a pic of the current set up its in. (Sans VFG)

IMG_20130608_210158 (1).jpg
    Last edited by Ramrod711; 07-05-2013, 11:09 PM.
    "Judge's comment's for precedent are Blue by Day White by Knight. Common battery signals are as follows chuck, kluck, pencil, eraser and ink. The most common signal is Tinkerbell." - gabrielnzion's crazy ramblings

Comment

• Substantial amount of information in a convenient thread! Bravo; I applaud your dedication!! However, the one question I have managed to pull out of here after giving up after 5 pages of replies would be why are you don't like welded on FH's? The 14.7" Barrel from CMMG with the welded on FH seems like a great compromise. All info greatly appreciated!

Big Country

Comment

• I'm not who you directed your question at, but a pinned and welded flash hider greatly limits your options later on. Removing the flash hider is required if you wanted to change the barrel nut (new rail) or gas block (low profile or front sight post). Not to mention if you just wanted to change the muzzle device. You can have the pin and weld removed, but its an added aggravation. Staying with a 16" barrel saves you a lot of headache for only a slightly longer barrel length.

Comment

• I have a Windham Weaponry M4 rifle. Will a Colt A1 upper fit on the lower?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramrod711 View Post
            Johnny You can basically do anything you want to the sport, change uppers, change barrels, the buffer tube is milspec, get different handguards. I bought mine for around the 600 range as mentioned by SCSU and Hitgym and I know they are going for that much in many outlets so I suggest you keep looking.

Heres a pic of the current set up its in. (Sans VFG)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10509[/ATTACH]
            Nice. I just got an M&P15 Tactical myself. Did some upgrades to it like a Hogue grip and put an angled grip on there. Will prob put a new stock on there and an EOTech when I get some money as I plan for this to be my duty AR. I've heard they are great guns from all the reviews I've read, just a bit of negative feedback here and there concerning the cost and rifling though. I also like that it has an M16 straight barrel style rather than the "bayoneted" M4 type. Some said I could have gotten another AR for about the same price ($1075 all together, about 875 pre tax on BUDsPolice) like a Colt, BCM, etc. But none of those had a quad rail, flip up sights, a Pmag, or rubber grips that came with the base option as far as I know. I'm hoping to try this baby out soon and see how it is. Will report back.

Comment

• VFG and an AFG?
              All Gave Some - Some Gave All

Comment

• I think my neighbor's dog would like a taste of the 1960 Macallan. He appreciates the Jerez casks it's aged in. He likes to sniff the lower receiver on a freshly cleaned AR-15 rifle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Resq14 View Post
                  VFG and an AFG?
                  Im going to use the angled fore grip for distance shooting and the vertical grip for more up close stuff. Its hard to pivot or turn using the AFG with my arm all the way forward and extended.

Comment

• Originally posted by USMCPOG View Post
                    Im going to use the angled fore grip for distance shooting and the vertical grip for more up close stuff. Its hard to pivot or turn using the AFG with my arm all the way forward and extended.
                    Have you tried a hand stop? You could get rid of both those
                    In Valor there is hope

Comment

• Originally posted by SCSU74 View Post
                      Have you tried a hand stop? You could get rid of both those

Hand stop as in the thing around the magazine well? If that's what you mean, I think those are terrible lol. I'll prob just use the angled grip, but its not like the vertical grip is weighing it down any either.

Comment

• Originally posted by USMCPOG View Post
                        Hand stop as in the thing around the magazine well? If that's what you mean, I think those are terrible lol. I'll prob just use the angled grip, but its not like the vertical grip is weighing it down any either.
                        http://www.laruetactical.com/larue-t...op-2-piece-set

Comment

• So you want to buy an AR-15, huh?

Originally posted by USMCPOG View Post

No.. See the photo above this post. They work much better than VFG's or AFG's or whatever. Allows you to lock in and really drive the gun.
                          Last edited by SCSU74; 08-28-2014, 06:00 PM.
                          In Valor there is hope

Comment

• Originally posted by SCSU74 View Post
                            No.. See the photo above this post. They work much better than VFG's or AFG's or whatever. Allows you to lock in and really drive the gun.
                            I prefer the AFG. Everyone has different body mechanics, but having my wrist at the angle required to use hand stops or a vanilla handguard leaves me with sore wrists after an 8 hour day at the range. I need my wrists for...stuff.
                            I miss you, Dave.
                            http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

• Originally posted by CruiserClass View Post
                              I prefer the AFG. Everyone has different body mechanics, but having my wrist at the angle required to use hand stops or a vanilla handguard leaves me with sore wrists after an 8 hour day at the range. I need my wrists for...stuff.
                              ^^^This. Plus I'm used to using a vertical grip or no grip at all from the military, so I'm not about to spend money on something that would give little added extra "possible" accuracy.

Comment

• So you want to buy an AR-15, huh?

Originally posted by CruiserClass View Post

I hear ya. I use a c clamp grip (thumb on top of rail pointed towards the target) with my support hand so everything is in line. Never experienced sore wrists. That's one of the nice things with AR's, lots of gadgets to try
                                In Valor there is hope

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11990 users online. 452 members and 11538 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X