300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hitthegym View Post
    No front sight post? What does it have, carbine length gas with a low profile gas block? Whatever the accessories issue is, a Colt is a much better baseline gun to own than a S&W, I promise and you will find that many will agree with that statement.

No matter how asinine the configuration may seem, it wouldn't be very much money to put a low profile gas block ($25), Midwest Industries Gen 2 SS 12" Free Float Handguard ($179) and a set of Daniel Defense fixed sights ($115). There is no such thing as a Colt M400, so I am curious as to what Colt it is that you available to you. As long as it has the barrel marked C 1:7 5.56 HPT MPI then it's good to go. Colt bolts are also superior
    http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProdu...fles-m400.aspx

Sigs and Colts are the same thing right?
    In Valor there is hope

Comment

• Originally posted by TheTick
      Our Sigs run like champs, it's Sig's piston guns that suck nuts. I know, it's not a Colt, but they run. Mine should be here in a week or two and I plan on beating the nuts off of it. If it is like our patrol guns, it'll take it.
      I wasn't knocking Sig, more that it was labeled Colt m400. I have no experience with Sig rifles, so I don't lean one way or the other. I have a 6920, and probably will for a loooooong time.
      In Valor there is hope

Comment

• Lot of Colt koolaid drinking going on here..
        "Judge's comment's for precedent are Blue by Day White by Knight. Common battery signals are as follows chuck, kluck, pencil, eraser and ink. The most common signal is Tinkerbell." - gabrielnzion's crazy ramblings

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramrod711 View Post
          Lot of Colt koolaid drinking going on here..
          It goes down smooth
          In Valor there is hope

Comment

• Originally posted by SCSU74 View Post
            It goes down smooth
            Smooth like battery acid maybe..
            "Judge's comment's for precedent are Blue by Day White by Knight. Common battery signals are as follows chuck, kluck, pencil, eraser and ink. The most common signal is Tinkerbell." - gabrielnzion's crazy ramblings

Comment

Colt makes nice ARs, but so do all the other manufacturers with decent quality control (which has gone up across the board). I've had good luck with Colt, S&W, and Del-Ton. Friends of mine have vouched for Daniel Defense, Bushmaster, LWRC, BCM, Spikes Tactical, LMT, CMMG, Alexander Arms, Noveske, Palmetto State Armory, and Core 15. A friend of mine did have issues with an older DPMS.

If it's made out of metal, has a forward assist, the gas key\bolt are properly staked, and the headspacing is correctly set, you can pretty much assume that it will send thousands of rounds into a 4" group at 200 yards as fast as you can do your part. Some are more refined and specialized than others, but almost all of them are exceedingly capable.

Eugene Stoner designed a heck of rifle.
              Last edited by Carbonfiberfoot; 05-31-2013, 09:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carbonfiberfoot View Post
                Colt makes nice ARs, but so do all the other manufacturers with decent quality control (which has gone up across the board). I've had good luck with Colt, S&W, and Del-Ton. Friends of mine have vouched for Daniel Defense, Bushmaster, LWRC, BCM, Spikes Tactical, LMT, CMMG, Alexander Arms, Noveske, Palmetto State Armory, and Core 15. A friend of mine did have issues with an older DPMS.

If it's made out of metal, has a forward assist, the gas key\bolt are properly staked, and the headspacing is correctly set, you can pretty much assume that it will send thousands of rounds into a 4" group at 200 yards as fast as you can do your part.
                I bought a S&W Sport and after some months I thought it might be nice to get the dust cover, So I got a SOTA stripped upper installed and kept the 1/8 5R Barrel. That gun went about 1800 or so rounds and after the upper change has gone on for over 1000 more. No FTEs no DF's no KB's or other "entry level" AR problems. Next thing I might do is a trigger change but so far I am extremely satisfied with the one S&W that seems to get the most hate.

Comment

I bought a S&W Sport and after some months I thought it might be nice to get the dust cover, So I got a SOTA stripped upper installed and kept the 1/8 5R Barrel. That gun went about 1800 or so rounds and after the upper change has gone on for over 1000 more. No FTEs no DF's no KB's or other "entry level" AR problems. Next thing I might do is a trigger change but so far I am extremely satisfied with the one S&W that seems to get the most hate.
                  And it will probably run like a top for tens of thousands of more rounds.

Those melonite lined 1/8 5R barrels are more than hype. I've seen them out shoot significantly more expensive rifles on a few occasions.

Some of the aftermarket triggers do feel nice, but I feel like I'm still a far weaker link in the AR platform than the GI trigger. If I were setting up an AR-10 for long range, I'd probably go with a Timney kit. I've always assumed that the push-pull recoil effect of the AR's buffer tube design would have more of an impact on accuracy than the trigger, but haven't tested to confirm this.

Comment

Ahhhh, gotcha. Makes sense now.
                    In Valor there is hope

Comment

• Originally posted by SCSU74 View Post
                      Ahhhh, gotcha. Makes sense now.
                      Dont get me wrong SCSU I plan on adding a Colt in my future, but I didnt need a mid-high end AR for the shooting I was doing. Of course I get plenty of enjoyment shooting my buddy's BCM middy

Comment

Yeah, a Colt rifle isn't all it's cracked up to be... they aren't the standard by which all other ARs are judged, right?

When was the last time somebody said, "my Colt runs as well as an S&W"? That's right, they never will. It always goes "my S&W runs as well as a Colt" which is always followed by their S&W not running as well as a Colt.

If it's Koolaid that I am drinking, I will gladly continue to drink it.
                        Eat Meat, Build Mass!

www.centralfloridaammo.com

Comment

Dont get me wrong SCSU I plan on adding a Colt in my future, but I didnt need a mid-high end AR for the shooting I was doing. Of course I get plenty of enjoyment shooting my buddy's BCM middy
                          Understood, its all about your personal requirements and plans for use. I have a colt because our agency list at the time was rock river or colt. Easy choice for me.
                          In Valor there is hope

Comment

Yeah, a Colt rifle isn't all it's cracked up to be... they aren't the standard by which all other ARs are judged, right?

When was the last time somebody said, "my Colt runs as well as an S&W"? That's right, they never will. It always goes "my S&W runs as well as a Colt" which is always followed by their S&W not running as well as a Colt.

LOL, like the 9mm shooters. "With modern ammo its just as good as a .45!" while .45 shooters never say "with low quality ammo, its just as good as a 9mm!"
                            I miss you, Dave.
                            http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

• Originally posted by CruiserClass View Post
                              LOL, like the 9mm shooters. "With modern ammo its just as good as a .45!" while .45 shooters never say "with low quality ammo, its just as good as a 9mm!"
                              Lol I am pretty sure I hear that at a minimum of twice a week.
                              Eat Meat, Build Mass!

www.centralfloridaammo.com

Comment

Its the constant talking down of lesser brands that leaves a bad taste in my mouth, some people cant afford a 1500 dollar Colt and opt to buy something more affordable. Some people buy them for their kids. The fact of the matter is, Steve made his choice and the first thing you do is bash it.

Does it come in blueberry?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10617 users online. 490 members and 10127 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X