300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First,
    Thanks (or, damn you) to Jwise for planting the AR seed so many years ago, and steering me toward looking at quality, proven performance and reliability features rather than whiz bang gadgetry, fancy marketing and what some random SWAT guy said was cool. And, based upon everything here and in other places I have a Daniel Defense DDM4LELW en route to replace the 1971 M-16 in my patrol rack.

I understand the amount of work needed to keep up with current trends in ARness. However to those who want the latest research and analysis from a forum with a relatively high percentage of folks who use an AR as a tool as opposed to a toy or hobby; check out one of the initial sources of all the information above: m4Carbine.net

Go to AR General information and take the weeks/months necessary to read all the "stickies". If nothing else you'll feel educated about any decision you make.
    T

Comment

• Has anyone had any experience with the ARs from Windham Weaponry. I have the opportunity to pick up their MPC-RF model for $760. I have done as much research as I could online and they have gotten pretty good reviews, but because they are such a new company (with old roots) there isn't a whole lot about them. I don't have the post count to link but here is the basic rundown.
      -Forged 7075 T6 Aircraft Aluminum with Aluminum Trigger Guard
      -Bolt is Carpenter 158 Steel - MP/HP Tested
      -Barrel is 16” M4 Profile, Chrome Lined with A2 Flash Suppressor
      --4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium 11595E Steel w. M4 Feed Ramps
      -1/9 , (not the reccomended 1/7, but that's not an option since this is through a group purchase not involving my agency so I can't opt for the 14.5", 1/7)
      -fixed front sight post, and flip up rear sight.

Everything I know about ARs I have learned from this post, and the Army (...and I learned more from this post) Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

<EDIT> I will update with pictures when get the rifle, but don't hold your breath it will be a while. Thanks Jwise!
      Last edited by Hyperion; 02-09-2013, 09:28 AM.

Comment

• Sounds like a decent rifle. A friend of mine has a Wyndham, and he hasn't had any trouble with it.
        J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Hyperion View Post
          Has anyone had any experience with the ARs from Windham Weaponry. I have the opportunity to pick up their MPC-RF model for $760. I have done as much research as I could online and they have gotten pretty good reviews, but because they are such a new company (with old roots) there isn't a whole lot about them. I don't have the post count to link but here is the basic rundown.
          -Forged 7075 T6 Aircraft Aluminum with Aluminum Trigger Guard
          -Bolt is Carpenter 158 Steel - MP/HP Tested
          -Barrel is 16” M4 Profile, Chrome Lined with A2 Flash Suppressor
          --4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium 11595E Steel w. M4 Feed Ramps
          -1/9 , (not the reccomended 1/7, but that's not an option since this is through a group purchase not involving my agency so I can't opt for the 14.5", 1/7)
          -fixed front sight post, and flip up rear sight.

Everything I know about ARs I have learned from this post, and the Army (...and I learned more from this post) Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

<EDIT> I will update with pictures when get the rifle, but don't hold your breath it will be a while. Thanks Jwise!
          I ordered a flat top from them. My dept armorer had good things to say about them and the dealer who Is going to handle the transfer said he has got a few from them and the quality is very good.

Comment

• Windham Weaponry is just old school BushMaster. Once Cerberus Capitol Management moved BushMaster production out of Maine, Mr. Dyke the original owner resumed production at the old plant under the name Windham Weaponary.

He retained ownership of the facilities and equipment when he sold the company to Cerberus, so when they left he decided to resume production of weapons in Maine.

One of my co-workers and several of my friends have them and they all seem to like the rifles.
            Forti Fors Bona

Comment

• Thank you jwise and others for your wealth of knowledge. I have learned tremendously over the past few days. I'm only on page 22 so I have a lot of reading to do.

Comment

• 16" BCM UPPER MIDS IN STOCK!! Make it happen!! *One of the* best brands on the market.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Produ...BCM-URG-MID-16
                Last edited by jed2009; 03-15-2013, 03:04 PM.
                Pursuing the dream.

Awaiting the start of Academy... April 28th.

Comment

• Also I am looking for a Complete Lower group if anyone knows anyone or has one for sale. Butt stock is optional (prefer the 6 position) but need the stripped lower + parts kit installed. Just PM me if anyone hears anything.

I can't believe the unavailability and crazy prices since I bought mine!! It's a sad world we live in.
                  Pursuing the dream.

Comment

• Originally posted by jed2009 View Post
                    Best brand on the market.
                    How can you qualify this? You can't, nor is it true short of fan boy hype. BCM makes a quality product, but there are plenty more quality rifles out there and BCM is far from anything special. Not trying to be a dick, but this thread is here for people who need information on helping choose a rifle and it should be based on facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZombieMonkey View Post
                      How can you qualify this? You can't, nor is it true short of fan boy hype. BCM makes a quality product, but there are plenty more quality rifles out there and BCM is far from anything special. Not trying to be a dick, but this thread is here for people who need information on helping choose a rifle and it should be based on facts.
                      There, I fixed it for you.
                      Pursuing the dream.

Comment

• I am up to around page 50 of this monster thread and have narrowed my choice to the Smith and Wesson AR 15. There was available a Bushmaster for around $850, a Colt M400 for around $1100, a DPMS for around $900. The Smith and Wesson is going to run me around $1160. Thanks for a little guidance in unfamiliar territory where I most likely would have let price be the deciding factor.
                        Last edited by 5teve; 05-30-2013, 07:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 5teve View Post
                          I am up to around page 50 of this monster thread and have narrowed my choice to the Smith and Wesson AR 15. There was available a Bushmaster for around $850, a Colt M400 for around $1100, a DPMS for around $900. The Smith and Wesson is going to run me around $1160. Thanks for a little guidance in unfamiliar territory where I most likely would have let price be the deciding factor.
                          How did reading this thread possibly in any way, shape or form convince you to buy a Smith & Wesson over a Colt? I am pretty sure that it has been discussed and determined over and over again that Colt is superior over, well, pretty much every body else.
                          Eat Meat, Build Mass!

www.centralfloridaammo.com

Comment

• Originally posted by ZombieMonkey View Post
                            So I take it that you own a DPMS?
                            Eat Meat, Build Mass!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitthegym View Post
                              How did reading this thread possibly in any way, shape or form convince you to buy a Smith & Wesson over a Colt? I am pretty sure that it has been discussed and determined over and over again that Colt is superior over, well, pretty much every body else.
                              The Colt that is available to me is offered with no iron sights and a 4x scope for starters.

Comment

• Originally posted by 5teve View Post
                                The Colt that is available to me is offered with no iron sights and a 4x scope for starters.
                                No front sight post? What does it have, carbine length gas with a low profile gas block? Whatever the accessories issue is, a Colt is a much better baseline gun to own than a S&W, I promise and you will find that many will agree with that statement.

No matter how asinine the configuration may seem, it wouldn't be very much money to put a low profile gas block ($25), Midwest Industries Gen 2 SS 12" Free Float Handguard ($179) and a set of Daniel Defense fixed sights ($115). There is no such thing as a Colt M400, so I am curious as to what Colt it is that you available to you. As long as it has the barrel marked C 1:7 5.56 HPT MPI then it's good to go. Colt bolts are also superior
                                Eat Meat, Build Mass!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10803 users online. 503 members and 10300 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X