Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After the assistance from a few of you guys through PM (Thanks everyone), I decided I want to buy a complete BCM MID-16 MOD 0. The only problem now is actually getting one. I have called countless dealers and stores throughout the US and no one has any in stock.

Anyone know of a respectable place that is still has BCM in stock????

Comment

• Which one of the following brands do y'all like the most for the AR-15?

Barnes
      Bushmaster
      Colt (i've heard you pretty much are paying for just the name)
      Smith & Wesson
      Remington

If none of those, which brand do you think is the best?

Comment

• Originally posted by vfm208 View Post
        Which one of the following brands do y'all like the most for the AR-15?

Barnes
        Bushmaster
        Smith & Wesson
        Remington

1)Colt
        2)S&W
        3)Bushmaster

I have no experience with the AR offerings from Barnes or Remington, but I'm sure some of the much-more-knowledgeable-than-I folks here do.

Comment

• I was looking at COLT AR-15 on rsr and Davidson’s and they have the LE6920 (Law Enforcement) and SP6920 (sportster)pic and specs look the same what’s the difference?
          Last edited by AJLEO; 06-22-2013, 08:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AJLEO View Post
            I was looki9ng at COLT AR-15 on rsr and Davidson’s and they have the LE6920 (Law Enforcement) and SP6920 (sportster)pic and specs look the same what’s the difference?
            Only difference is the roll mark. They are the same rifle
            In Valor there is hope

Comment

Barnes
              Bushmaster
              Smith & Wesson
              Remington

It's hard to go wrong with a Colt, especially a fully built rifle. You are partly paying for the name, because it's a good one. Rifles are top-notch. The only other one I would consider personally on your list is Bushmaster, and that'd be a last resort for me. I'd probably build my own on BCM parts. I'd add Daniel Defense and Patriot Ordnance on the pricier end, and probably Rock River Arms as another mid-level to the list.
              "All that is, ever
              Ever was, will be, ever
              Twisting, turning, through the never."--Metallica

Comment

Barnes
                Bushmaster
                Smith & Wesson
                Remington

Since Remington doesn't make a civie AR-15, they are out.

Out of your list, get the Colt. You should think about expanding your list to BCM, Colt and Daniel Defense.
                Eat Meat, Build Mass!

www.centralfloridaammo.com

Comment

• Yeah, the local shops carry smaller brands (such as Palmetto State Defense), but I wanted to just throw the big names out there and let y'all name any of the smaller ones you thought were worth mentioning instead of putting the ideas in your heads. haha. objectivity!

Thanks for the replies.

Comment

• Looking for an opinion or 2. I'm getting an New Frontier Armory lower from a guy, he said it's basically new..he bought it and says that this lower was pinned to a .300 blk upper for 10 rounds to test function. It's a complete lower with 4 position stock and 2 30-round & 1 20-round Pmags and a Houge grip. Would you guys stay with the .300 or keep looking for a 5.56 for patrol/home defense rifle usage?

Comment

• Originally posted by josephcook78 View Post
                      Looking for an opinion or 2. I'm getting an New Frontier Armory lower from a guy, he said it's basically new..he bought it and says that this lower was pinned to a .300 blk upper for 10 rounds to test function. It's a complete lower with 4 position stock and 2 30-round & 1 20-round Pmags and a Houge grip. Would you guys stay with the .300 or keep looking for a 5.56 for patrol/home defense rifle usage?
                      Confused what you're asking? The lower for a 300 is the same for .223/556. If you buy the upper from him all you need to do is a find a .223/556 upper. If you're asking about which platform you should go with it's personal preference. If it was me I would stay with 556 as ammo is more common and you can shoot .22 out of it with a different BCG and mag. If you shoot suppressed 300 would be a solid choice.
                      In Valor there is hope

Comment

• Ok yea I was wondering if the parts would interchange, I assumed the lowers were probably the same generally but wasn't 100% sure. Thanks, I'll be looking for a 556/.223 upper more than likely.

Comment

Ok yea I was wondering if the parts would interchange, I assumed the lowers were probably the same generally but wasn't 100% sure. Thanks, I'll be looking for a 556/.223 upper more than likely.
                          Yep, only difference is the barrel. One of the cool things about 300
                          In Valor there is hope

Comment

• Thanks. After I gave my word about buying it, the 300 part hit me and threw me for a loop for a minute. I appreciate the quick help.

Comment

• Here is my latest semi-automatic sporting rifle. I built it for our Defensive Carbine matches and for a few classes that I am taking this year. I am still trying to figure out what I want to do as far as optics on it, leaning towards a Micro-T1, but I may get a Trijicon SRS.

Stuff:

16" 416 SS .223 wylde, midlength barrel black oxide coated
                              Vltor MUR 1A w/o fwd assist Upper Receiver
                              AO Precision BCG
                              Centurion Arms C4 Rail 12"
                              Battlecomp 1.0
                              Daniel Defense Fixed Sights
                              Magpul AFG
                              Magpul CTR
                              Stippled A2 Grip (I have a BCM Gunfighter Mod 1 on order)
                              BAD-*** Ambi Safety
                              Rainier Arms Raptor Ambi Charging Handle
                              Geissele SSA-E Trigger

Eat Meat, Build Mass!

www.centralfloridaammo.com

Comment

Looking for an opinion or 2. I'm getting an New Frontier Armory lower from a guy, he said it's basically new..he bought it and says that this lower was pinned to a .300 blk upper for 10 rounds to test function. It's a complete lower with 4 position stock and 2 30-round & 1 20-round Pmags and a Houge grip. Would you guys stay with the .300 or keep looking for a 5.56 for patrol/home defense rifle usage?
                                I believe New Frontier lowers are polymer. Will your department approve a polymer AR lower?

I almost bought a polymer lower when I decided I wanted an AR because they were inexpensive. But I had planned to use my AR for patrol and purchased an aluminum lower instead. Purchased a PSA lower (when they use to run those $49.99 deals) and a complete barreled Spikes upper. BCM upper was my first choice but they were always out of stock. I'm very happy with the Spikes.

I have replaced the PSA lower with a Spikes lower. This will be my patrol rifle. It's already approved and rifle class date is approaching.

My wife bought me a PSA barreled upper for Christmas. She got it during their Black Friday sale. Haven't put many rounds through it but I feel it's well worth the $280 that it cost.

The PSA lower is mated with PSA upper now.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9235 users online. 437 members and 8798 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X