300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S3G Upper.jpg

Just built myself a new upper at work today. We were out of compensators so I just threw an A2 flash hider on there to cover the threads.

18" 416 Stainless, 1:8 twist, six groove button rifled, midlength barrel chambered in .223 Wylde
    15" Samson Evolution Free Float Handguard
    Aero Precision Stripped Upper
    Troy Lo Pro Gas Block

Has a chrome BCG that was laying around for now, will probably upgrade to a JP low mass carrier & buffer with an adjustable gas block sometime down the road.
    Eat Meat, Build Mass!

www.centralfloridaammo.com

Comment

• If anyone is looking for something inexpensive, but plenty capable. The new Delton Echos are solid, well put together, properly staked, and can be had for under $650 (forged 7075 upper and lower, chrome lined 1/9 [no 1/7 options, so not for heavier bullets) twist, forward assist, Carpenter 158 bolt) shipped ($750 retail).

http://www.del-ton.com/carbine_rifles_s/2.htm

Comment

• Originally posted by towncop View Post
        Per sales reps AT Daniel Defense, this program has been suspended until further notice. They had a falling out with the company that handled the payments on the officer purchased rifles. Guy said that they hope to have the program back up in place and running within 6 months or so. I got this information last week.
        Sorry, just saw this. That is really unfortunate, I guess I will stop referring people that I know that for now then, thanks!
        Eat Meat, Build Mass!

www.centralfloridaammo.com

Comment

• J wise

I am an old guy just getting interested in ARs. I couldn't do any research until I read your OP because I couldn't speak the language. But now I have rudimentary understanding. What I would like to ask is have you changed, added, deleted anything from your original recommendations? You have me leaning toward CMMG, 16", mid length gas(?), 5.56, 1 in 7, etc. Is this still your pick? Has anything changed or anything new on the scene I should consider? That was a great post and helped me immensely.

Comment

• CMMG is no longer the best option out there.

Use the knowledge you gained, and pick the best rifle for your needs.
            J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Would you care to elaborate? If not that's OK. Just would appreciate any opinions anyone has about current offerings. Once again thanks for a very enlightening post and the recent heads up.

Comment

• Perhaps someone out there would be interested in "So, You wanna buy an AR-15, Version 2.0"

So many brands hitting the market, differents options and accessories - it could be time for an reboot.

If not, I would definitely be interested in a moderator (or even better JWise) being allowed to cleanup this thread, taking out all the yap yap yap, and leaving the good, info-bearing posts. I know we're a community, and the interaction is part of what we're here for, but this thread is several years old, and several thousand posts, it could definitely benefit from some paring down.

As always, thanks to Jwise for starting my education on the AR patrol rifle.
                "A fanatic is one who won't change his mind, and won't change the subject." -Winston Churchill

"I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts." -Will Rogers

"To desire to save these wolves in society may arise from benevolence, but it must be the benevolence of a child or a fool" -Henry Fielding

Comment

• I'm hearing a lot of good things about Palmetto State Armory. They have some really nice prices too.

Comment

• Originally posted by josephcook78 View Post
                    I'm hearing a lot of good things about Palmetto State Armory. They have some really nice prices too.
                    Where in Texas are you? Lone star armory makes some of the best rifles I've ever seen/shot. For about $1100 it comes with everything you'd ever need/want besides an optic.

Www.lonestararmory.net
                    In Valor there is hope

Comment

• Originally posted by LazyKB View Post
                      Would you care to elaborate? If not that's OK. Just would appreciate any opinions anyone has about current offerings. Once again thanks for a very enlightening post and the recent heads up.
                      Colt, Bravo Company, Daniel Defense are awesome rifles for your buck. They are also reasonably priced and GTG right outta the case.

Comment

• Originally posted by josephcook78 View Post
                        I'm hearing a lot of good things about Palmetto State Armory. They have some really nice prices too.
                        PSA makes solid rifles, especially at that $700 price point. For another hundred, I've had great luck with the M&P 15s. Melonite is very good stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookster View Post
                          Colt, Bravo Company, Daniel Defense are awesome rifles for your buck. They are also reasonably priced and GTG right outta the case.
                          Do not overlook LMT. I have been very pleased with mine.

Comment

• There's a company here in SoCal that has a pretty good rep. I don't know if they're new to the biz or just new to me, but they have very favorable reviews so far. Addax Tactical.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCSU74 View Post
                              Where in Texas are you? Lone star armory makes some of the best rifles I've ever seen/shot. For about $1100 it comes with everything you'd ever need/want besides an optic.

Www.lonestararmory.net
                              Up in NE Texas. I'll check them out.

Comment

• So I’m somewhat new to the AR game but have been doing a ton of research. I had a colt M-4 form my prior agency and will likely have a similar set up at my current agency neither am I a fan of. I’m looking at building a SBR for myself as short as possible .The predicament I have is that I will be adding an Aim point and don’t really like the fixed sight post with the hand guard but by going that wrought I will save $. If I leave the fixed sight post will my view the optic be blocked much? I have looked in to swapping out the fixed sight for a gas block but that would take up valuable barrel space and possibly not leave the barrel space I need for the suppressor. I guess when its set up with a fixed sight base it the barrel is drilled differently and need a longer gas block ? Should I just spend the cash and go with the rail and block need some thoughts and advice or an idea I have yet to think of.

Thanks

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4673 users online. 212 members and 4461 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X