Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just want to say thanks for the incredible thread. I am a noob but after reading this thread I felt sure I was ready to take the plunge. Here is what I have:

BCM Upper receiver Group w M4 feed Ramps
    BCM mid length 16 in. Heavy Barrel with F stamped fixed front sight
    BCM Full auto bolt carrier group
    JD Machine Tech Stripped Lower
    CMMG LPK
    Magpul BUIS
    Magpul Stock
    H2 Buffer
    Midwest Industries quad rail

I probably missed something but all I can say is WOW!. This rifle shoots like a dream. Everything is tight. So far not a lot of rounds through it. Maybe 400-500 but not a single issue. even using Wolf ammo.

Many thanks again.
    Larry

Comment

• That's a NICE first AR-15. Good on ya!
      J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• so much good information I had to join and thank you all..

thank you for the info and your service

ps.. just bought my first AR-15, a CMMG

2012-07-04_18-17-36_871.jpg
        2012-07-04_18-18-20_19.jpg
        Last edited by RHV; 07-04-2012, 07:24 PM.

Comment

• jwise... I started to read this thread (on page 5). In your initial review of various manufactures, I didn't see anything mentioned about DS Arms. Any comments about them?

Comment

• Wow. I've read through all 89 pages and feel like I'm close to a MS in AR. I just need to read it again like 5 times.

Went to my local shop and he recommended a BPM AR-15. Barnes Precision Machine in Apex NC. Does anyone have any experience with them?

Fred

Comment

• Originally posted by FredR View Post
              Wow. I've read through all 89 pages and feel like I'm close to a MS in AR. I just need to read it again like 5 times.

Went to my local shop and he recommended a BPM AR-15. Barnes Precision Machine in Apex NC. Does anyone have any experience with them?

Fred
              After a quick look at their website, BPM's stuff looks nice, but not in any way what a LEO needs on duty. Stainless steel barrels last quite a bit longer than standard mil spec chrome lined barrels. For the money that BPM wants, you'd be much better served with a BCM, DD or Colt.
              Eat Meat, Build Mass!

www.centralfloridaammo.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitthegym View Post
                you'd be much better served with a BCM, DD or Colt.
                Yeah but what about...

There's a reason why some names pop up and others don't.
                All Gave Some - Some Gave All

Comment

• Greetings to everyone. First and foremost I would like to thank you all for writing this wonderful article. Recently it came to the attention of myself and my fellow officers of the town that I work in that having just a side arm was not the way to go. If you know anything about small towns you know that getting funding is hard so I decided that I would pay out of pocket for a patrol rifle and that way I could set it up how I wanted. I've narrowed a few choices down, and while I am no expert I would like your input on the basics of the riles that I have chosen.
                  First off the CMMG M4-LE
                  Second CORE 15 Piston Optics Ready M4
                  These are just the basics, I plan on running optics, having a BUIS, and such. Just welcoming your opinions between the two.
                  Last edited by B.Dalzell; 08-24-2012, 03:11 PM. Reason: EDIT: Changed to Clickable links.

Comment

• Of your 2 options, I'd go with BCM, DD, or Colt.
                    All Gave Some - Some Gave All

Comment

• Originally posted by Resq14 View Post
                      Of your 2 options, I'd go with BCM, DD, or Colt.
                      +1 . If you can afford a $1,000 piston gun, you can definitely afford a $1,000 DI gun from BCM or Colt! Much better quality, softer recoil impulse and from proven, trusted manufacturers . The shop I used to work for carried Core 15 and all that garbage, those things were junky as could be. I'm talking canted gas blocks, canted rails, real shoddy QC. Stick with the real deal.
                      Eat Meat, Build Mass!

Comment

• Any suggestions on a complete rifle from GT's in Austin Texas? Or any other dealer? I pretty much need something that I can buy, clean, lub, set up any accessories, and then head to the range this weekend to practice and then qualify for.. I would love to buy them in pieces and build it my self but that will have to wait for gun no. 2.

I did see this and would welcome your opinions.

Bushmaster EoTech M4 Optic Package

The only thing that I did not really like was the 1:9 Barrel.
                        Last edited by B.Dalzell; 08-28-2012, 12:18 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by B.Dalzell View Post
                          Any suggestions on a complete rifle from GT's in Austin Texas? Or any other dealer? I pretty much need something that I can buy, clean, lub, set up any accessories, and then head to the range this weekend to practice and then qualify for.. I would love to buy them in pieces and build it my self but that will have to wait for gun no. 2.

I did see this and would welcome your opinions.

Bushmaster EoTech M4 Optic Package

The only thing that I did not really like was the 1:9 Barrel.
                          If you want to buy from GT Dist, ghttp://www.gtdist.com/ProductDetail....er=COLT-AR6720 . 16" 1:7 HPT/MPI CL lightweight barrel, HPT/MPI bolt, a matech (mil spec) flip up rear sight, and the new Wilson/Rogers Super Stock (like a Magpul CTR). This gun is light years ahead of that Bushmaster in quality.
                          Eat Meat, Build Mass!

Comment

• Hitthegym- thank you for picking up my slack. Your answers are spot on.
                            J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jwise View Post
                              Hitthegym- thank you for picking up my slack. Your answers are spot on.
                              No problem, man. We all know you're busy doing lawyer stuff :-p
                              Eat Meat, Build Mass!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitthegym View Post
                                If you want to buy from GT Dist, ghttp://www.gtdist.com/ProductDetail....er=COLT-AR6720 . 16" 1:7 HPT/MPI CL lightweight barrel, HPT/MPI bolt, a matech (mil spec) flip up rear sight, and the new Wilson/Rogers Super Stock (like a Magpul CTR). This gun is light years ahead of that Bushmaster in quality.
                                I called Gts to purchase this gun and they are oos. No big deal they are on order but till then do you think that this Colt LE-6920 would be a good alternative. I am making my way through the post and saw that J.Wise recommended this one. But that was nearly 4 years ago.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12691 users online. 473 members and 12218 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X