300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nhyp1 View Post
    As long as it is mill spec you are good to go. Most of the price difference is the furniture (or the name for those that have to have it) - the furniture can make a big difference between a rifle you like to shoot and feel comfortable with and one you don't. IMHO the best bang for the buck so to speak right now on a lower is from Ranier Arms the link is right here.

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=sho...roduct_id=2746

I purchased one a few weeks ago to replace a CMMG lower I paid $250 for and it is night and day better.

I like the looks of the dark earth pkg
    I found a Spikes Tactical complete lower for $236 somewhere earlier...I really dig their spider logo
    Does Noveske have a COMPLETE lower?? I like their logo, too but have been unable to find anything other than stripped
    Is it girly that Im looking at logos???
    "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
    The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
    sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
    Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

• Originally posted by crass cop View Post
      Haha that made me laugh... It's YOUR gun mate. As long as you don't pick a less mechanically solid lower over another one because of the logo, I'd say whatever makes it more appealing to you!
      Pursuing the dream.

Awaiting the start of Academy... April 28th.

Comment

• Originally posted by crass cop View Post
        Yes. Now please leave. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by nhyp1 View Post
          As long as it is mill spec you are good to go. Most of the price difference is the furniture (or the name for those that have to have it) - the furniture can make a big difference between a rifle you like to shoot and feel comfortable with and one you don't. IMHO the best bang for the buck so to speak right now on a lower is from Ranier Arms the link is right here.

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=sho...roduct_id=2746

I purchased one a few weeks ago to replace a CMMG lower I paid $250 for and it is night and day better.
          I got an acquaintance, not really friend, but we're cool and he works over at Rainier Arms, they got some nice toys at that shop. Very knowledgeable group of guys, if I was going to buy a decked out AR... I'd go to them.

Comment

• will he hook you up with a discount???
            "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
            The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
            sanitizer

Comment

• Most of the important stuff is in the upper -- specifically the chamber and the barrel followed in importance by the bolt and carrier (or vice-versa, depending upon whom you ask). The lower receiver on my current "working" M4gery is a 1983-vintage Bushmaster but all the internals are Alaska Arsenal custom work. The upper is BCM with a 14.5" 1/8 twist barrel and a pinned flash hider for a "true" 16 inches and it has a hard-chromed bolt and carrier from Blackheart. The nice thing about ARs is that you can mix and match. I use an EoTech 552 with a GG&G quick-release adapter and Daniel Defense BUIS. The pistol grip and forearm are Magpul and the foregrip is a UTG with an integrated light. A piece from here, a piece from there, and you can have exactly what you want. Ain't it grand to be an American?
              "Son, you are a walkin' violation of the laws of nature...But we don't enforce them laws."

I am just a country boy tryin' to make some sense
              But I'd like to ask the Congress, I'd like to ask the President
              "Can ya tell me where all the money went?"
              We might not be broke but we're badly bent!

The Tractors -- "Badly Bent" from the album Owner's Manual

"Common sense. So rare, it should be a super power." Exodus 259

Comment

• God Bless the USA!!!
                The Tick

sanitizer

Comment

• First time poster.. New to ars.. Im stuck between the cmmg 16 mid $575 for upper and lower for 250 ish =$825 .. BCM looks and sounds like great stuff too.. upper $485, hand guards $35, Charging handle$25 BCG $140 and lower 250= $935 What is BCMs warranty and how is the customer service? Ill also be adding a rear site but figured that was a shoe in anyways. What would you guys recomend for a lower for either choice? Or do i just spend the $1100 and getthe colt.. To me the BCM looks like a better quality rifle or am i wrong?
                  Last edited by yotaman16; 08-27-2011, 07:43 AM.

Comment

• I would check out Del-Ton Inc. as well. You can get a complete mid length AR from them for $750. Plus, if you want to add a quad rail or any other accessories they will install them for you.
                    "When they kick out your front door, how you gonna come? With your hands on your head, or on the trigger of your gun. When the law break in, how you gonna go? Shot down on the pavement, or waiting in death row." - President Barack Obama

Comment

• any one know what BCM/s warranty is

Comment

• So I was looking at a Daniel Defense V4 LW Rifle as a patrol rifle. I'd ditch the VFG and probably throw some optics on top.

Anyone know what they offer for LE pricing or ship times? I'm waiting on them to convert my account so I can see what their LE price will be.

Comment

• Joining the black rifle club here soon as I've put a NIB Bushmaster MOE 16" on layaway at the local gun shop. I plan on using it as a patrol rifle once my department runs me through the qual course. Any good suggestions on optics that are decent for this application and decent price-wise?
                          "Naw officer, I was hanging with my cousin"

"Sooo, real cousin or play cousins ?"

Originally posted by JasperST
                          I'm thinking a battalion of menstruating bearded women could kick some serious booty!

Comment

• Originally posted by yotaman16 View Post
                            First time poster.. New to ars.. Im stuck between the cmmg 16 mid $575 for upper and lower for 250 ish =$825 .. BCM looks and sounds like great stuff too.. upper $485, hand guards $35, Charging handle$25 BCG $140 and lower 250= $935 What is BCMs warranty and how is the customer service? Ill also be adding a rear site but figured that was a shoe in anyways. What would you guys recomend for a lower for either choice? Or do i just spend the $1100 and getthe colt.. To me the BCM looks like a better quality rifle or am i wrong?
                            You are on the right track. I think the BCM is a much better value over the CMMG at only ~$100 extra. However, it does require the buyer to be a bit more savvy in selecting everything they will need. It looks like you have it down.
                            J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Hey Jwise,

Just wanted to say thanks for the great write up. I researched purchases like this for years before pulling the trigger (pun intended) on a purchase. Your write up gave me the confidence to know what to look for on an AR and I picked up a nice used Spike 16" middy. I took my wife to the local range and put about 120 rounds through it and had a great time doing it. Now she wants a pink one... we'll see how that goes. The other day I caught the 3 gun nation show on TV... that looks like fun too!

Derek
                              Ask me about custom woodworking: http://handmadewoodgifts.com
                              AK/AR and cigar lovers click here: http://handmadewoodgifts.com/images/coolpens.jpg

Comment

• Here is a pink gun for your wife:

http://blackrainordnance.com/index.php
                                "When they kick out your front door, how you gonna come? With your hands on your head, or on the trigger of your gun. When the law break in, how you gonna go? Shot down on the pavement, or waiting in death row." - President Barack Obama

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8400 users online. 251 members and 8149 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X