Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So you want to buy an AR-15, huh?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by jjbledsoe View Post
    Finished my BCM rifle the other day, what a solid piece of machinery! Can't wait to shoot it. It was a blast building this thing, lots of fun making decisions and piecing it together over a 4 month span. I actually have a UTG quad rail sitting in my room, just waiting to take it to my gunsmith to put it on.












    04/15/2011
    - $325.00 - ROCK RIVER ARMS 5.56 COMPLETE LOWER RECIEVER GROUP
    05/05/2011
    - $399.00 - BRAVO COMPANY MANUFACTURING STANDARD 16" MID LENGTH UPPER RECIEVER GROUP
    05/13/2011
    - $22.95 - BCM AR15 CHARGING HANDLE
    - $139.95 - BCM BOLT CARRIER GROUP (MPI) AUTO
    06/12/2011
    - $19.95 - ERGO SUREGRIP BLACK
    - $33.20 - MAGPUL MOE HANDGUARD MID LENGTH BLACK
    - $11.30 - MAGPUL MOE POLYMER L2 RAIL SECTION 5 SLOTS (2)
    - $28.40 - MAGPUL PMAG 30 RND MAGAZINE BLACK (2)
    - $65.00 - DANIEL DEFENSE A 1.5 REAR IRON SIGHT
    07/5/2011
    - $67.99 - UTG 2-IN-1 TACTICAL LED FLASHLIGHT W/ LASER
    - $15.59 - BLACKHAWK 2 POINT SLING 1.25"
    - $29.99 - UTG LAW ENFORCEMENT METAL VERTICAL FOREGRIP
    - $234.11 - BROWN BEAR .223 FMJ 55 GR AMMO (1000)
    TOTAL
    ----- $1,161.92 - TOTAL - AMMUNITION
    ----- $1,396.03 - TOTAL + AMMUNITION
    ----- $985.10 - COMPLETE RIFLE ONLY - LOWER, UPPER, CHARGING HANDLE, BOLT CARRIER GROUP, HANDGUARD, REAR SIGHT
    ----- $173.62 - ACCESSORIES - ERGO SUREGRIP, MAGPUL MAGAZINE (2), MAGPUL RAILS (2), UTG 2-IN-1, BLACKHAWK SLING, UTG VERTICAL FOREGRIP


    How did you get a BCM Charging handle for $22 bucks?


    .

    Comment


    • Here is the $22.95 BCM Charging Handle - It isn't the fancy Gunfighter ones but I see no need for them so I got the cheap one that works great.

      Thanks for the words RSGSRT! Put on a Ergo Grip last night and trying to get ahold of my gunsmith to get that quad rail on. Then i'll throw some new pics up.
      Pursuing the dream.


      Awaiting the start of Academy... April 28th.

      Comment


      • I have a question for you guys... I purchased an M4 from CMMG and I put about 300 to 500 rounds of .223 (American Eagle , I mean Federal, I mean Lake City) through it with no problems. Then I made a huge bulk purchase of 2k rounds of 55gr 5.56 ball ammo (Federal I mean Lake City). I could not pass up the deal. I put about 60 rounds through it and I had a malfunction. My bolt seized in the carrier. I called CMMG and sent it in for repair. They did pay shipping both ways. When I got the rifle back the service sheet said the result was from a possible over-pressure and they replaced both the bolt and carrier. Now since I purchased so much of this ammo I was/am concerned if it was the ammo or if it was truly just a fluke. Has anybody had problems with Federal ammo?? Anybody??
        Last edited by dudegator; 08-19-2011, 04:42 PM.

        Comment


        • While I can't offer you a yes or no answer, I can say that I really doubt Federal would release "fluke" ammo. Read up on the internet about that type and see what you find, or perhaps someone here can shed some more light. If it has trouble in the 15's then just sell it at a gun show, probably won't much of your money.
          Pursuing the dream.


          Awaiting the start of Academy... April 28th.

          Comment


          • Maybe I missed it, but any thought on the Spikes Tactical LE carbine?

            http://www.spikestactical.com/new/z/...5dc8a4d031676e

            Comment


            • Originally posted by dudegator View Post
              I have a question for you guys... I purchased an M4 from CMMG and I put about 300 to 500 rounds of .223 (American Eagle , I mean Federal, I mean Lake City) through it with no problems. Then I made a huge bulk purchase of 2k rounds of 55gr 5.56 ball ammo (Federal I mean Lake City). I could not pass up the deal. I put about 60 rounds through it and I had a malfunction. My bolt seized in the carrier. I called CMMG and sent it in for repair. They did pay shipping both ways. When I got the rifle back the service sheet said the result was from a possible over-pressure and they replaced both the bolt and carrier. Now since I purchased so much of this ammo I was/am concerned if it was the ammo or if it was truly just a fluke. Has anybody had problems with Federal ammo?? Anybody??


              We recently completed a patrol rifle class and we had a bad batch of Federal Ammo, come to find out it had been recalled.



              Apparently the ammo had been loaded too hot. It didn't cause any malfunctions in our guns but it was very inaccurate. We thought we had bad shooters and then we found out it was the ammo. Once we switched to the new ammo (training and LE) we had no problems at all.


              I think it was XM193, but I'm not sure.

              .

              Comment


              • Thanks HEDP. Do you have any information on the lot numbers?? I cant find any information on their website..

                Thanks for the information.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Bighead View Post
                  Bump to keep it on the front page.

                  Gratuitous AR pic
                  actually thats "Ca. legal" provided you have a 10 round mag and a bullet button( so you just go out and buy a doezen 10 rd mags !) still frustrated about whether to piece together my un( as yet) assembled off list AR- seems none of my "buddies" wants to help, and I really don't want to screw it up..... ( maybe I'm just being lazy)
                  "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Andrew103 View Post
                    Maybe I missed it, but any thought on the Spikes Tactical LE carbine?

                    http://www.spikestactical.com/new/z/...5dc8a4d031676e
                    Just got one yesterday - fit and finish is first rate, has all the must haves and the value for price is high. I will take it out next week to the range and let you know how it shoots compared to my Bravo Company I built earlier this year.
                    Last edited by nhyp1; 08-23-2011, 08:35 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Spike's are great rifles (notice the avatar pic haha). I have had a LE Carbine with all the bells and whistles for about 2 years and never a single issue. I have shot close to every AR under the sun and for the money Spikes cannot be beat. The stock trigger and fit and finish are fantasticle.
                      "When they kick out your front door, how you gonna come? With your hands on your head, or on the trigger of your gun. When the law break in, how you gonna go? Shot down on the pavement, or waiting in death row." - President Barack Obama

                      Comment


                      • OK, Im thinking about a SBR AR build, so I have a question...
                        Does it REALLY matter what lower/upper I use???, (but mainly lower).
                        Ive seen several different brands ranging in price up to hundredS of dollars in difference...if its mil spec, is there really that much of a difference other than price, product photo and "bragging" rights in the lower????

                        i know a little about the AR, and personally own a Bushmaster and run a M4 whilst on duty, but the plethora of brands and the prices are really perplexing me...
                        Thanks in advance
                        "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
                        The Tick

                        "Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
                        sanitizer

                        "and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
                        Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

                        Comment


                        • Crass,

                          Lower isn't really that big of deal. As long as it's metal and not plastic/polymer, I would say it's fair game. The upper, yes. Have you read the main posts from Jwise at the start of the thread? Very informative and they'll give you more ideas of what to look for in an upper.
                          Pursuing the dream.


                          Awaiting the start of Academy... April 28th.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by crass cop View Post
                            OK, Im thinking about a SBR AR build, so I have a question...
                            Does it REALLY matter what lower/upper I use???, (but mainly lower).
                            Ive seen several different brands ranging in price up to hundredS of dollars in difference...if its mil spec, is there really that much of a difference other than price, product photo and "bragging" rights in the lower????

                            i know a little about the AR, and personally own a Bushmaster and run a M4 whilst on duty, but the plethora of brands and the prices are really perplexing me...
                            Thanks in advance
                            As long as it is mill spec you are good to go. Most of the price difference is the furniture (or the name for those that have to have it) - the furniture can make a big difference between a rifle you like to shoot and feel comfortable with and one you don't. IMHO the best bang for the buck so to speak right now on a lower is from Ranier Arms the link is right here.

                            http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=sho...roduct_id=2746

                            I purchased one a few weeks ago to replace a CMMG lower I paid $250 for and it is night and day better.
                            Last edited by nhyp1; 08-23-2011, 10:49 PM.

                            Comment


                            • THANKS, y'all!
                              "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
                              The Tick

                              "Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
                              sanitizer

                              "and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
                              Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by dudegator View Post
                                Thanks HEDP. Do you have any information on the lot numbers?? I cant find any information on their website..

                                Thanks for the information.

                                Sorry, I wish I did.



                                I think they actually called Federal and spoke with them. They then drove out there and picked up new ammo from them at the plant.

                                .

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6380 users online. 425 members and 5955 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X