300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nadler20 View Post
    And a big thank you and congratulations to you for getting the ball rolling here.

Here's to a million more!
    Here, Here!!!

I cannot think of any other thread, on any other forum I have seen, with anything close to this many pages, that has not devolved into a personal attack laden b*tchfest. A tip of the hat to all of those here who seek to gain or share knowledge rather than edification.
    "It is better to avoid than to fight, better to deter than to kill. But.....it is better to kill than to die, or watch an innocent slaughtered, because you didn't have the wherewithal to defend them." - M. A.

"We should bear in mind that, in general, it is the object of our newspapers rather to create a sensation-to make a point-than to further the cause of truth."-Edgar Allan Poe(1809-1849)

Comment

• Yeah, its singular.
      Amazing.
      kudos to all.

Comment

• Had it not been for this thread I would not have my new LE6920 which is quickly becoming a big money pit. There's a lot of ticked of wives out there who are probably cursing jwise as they get to know the FedEx/UPS guy on a first name basis.

Thanks jwise!

Comment

• first, thanks so much for the best written article on this topic ive read. i am definitely going to buy the cmmg based on your recommendation. i just have a quick question or 2. im a retired detective from the nypd. as such i no longer have departmental restrictions on what i can and cannot buy. im just restricted by state and federal laws. what would you change in your setup with that in mind? also, could you repost your link to your setup as i cannot find it on the blog.
          thanks again so very much for all the time and effort you put into this great blog
          fraternally,
          Bobby Medoro

Comment

• Originally posted by jwise View Post
            We are mere moments away from 1 MILLION hits for this thread on this website alone! I want to give a BIG shout out to all the professional and knowledgable people who carried this thread. Your wealth of knowledge has helped a LOT of new AR-15 buyers select quality rifles, and served to better equip those who go into harm's way.

THANK YOU!

Well you are very detailed, knowledgeable and made a great thread. The pictures and captions help a lot.

I even sent it to a friend who's on SWAT. Thanks for the informative thread, it's helped a lot.

Comment

• and quicker that i can say, "put your hands behind your back" i now see that you have updated your thread to a preference for BCM rather than the aforementioned cmmg. Any chance you have a "my pick" link for bcm?
              Thanks a million

Comment

• No. I'm trying to get away from singling out ONE particular rifle. The goal here was to educate and inform, so that you can better choose the rifle that is right for you. The CMMG was only a value-conscious choice at the time. Since then, things have changed (with CMMG and within the industry). BCM now represents a great value, but others can be found that are excellent buys. Compare what is out there to the feature-set described herein. Decide for yourself what is worth paying for and what is not.

But if you are going to force me to think about it, I guess I can do that. If I lost every one of my rifles, I would immediately get a BCM mid-length rifle with a 16" chrome-lined barrel.
                J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Wow a million plus hits. Never noticed that. One thing I do like is this thread is somewhat of a living documentation in one thread of what has come and gone within the industry in just the last 3-4 years.
                  The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

• Originally posted by Surf View Post
                    One thing I do like is this thread is somewhat of a living documentation in one thread of what has come and gone within the industry in just the last 3-4 years.
                    Very true.
                    J. Wise

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Why hasn't this thread made it to a sticky yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by RSGSRT View Post
                        Why hasn't this thread made it to a sticky yet?
                        Agreed, it's probably got to be one of the most viewed firearms threads ever.
                        Eat Meat, Build Mass!

www.centralfloridaammo.com

Comment

Jwise, what do you think about Pmags?

Comment

I just ordered a new S&W M&P with a 1/9 twist.

I want to shoot 64 grain Winchester Power Points out of it for deer. Will that not be accurate?

How big of grains could I go for deer with that rate of twist?

Comment

• Originally posted by HEDP View Post

Everyone (Jwise included) agrees that Pmags are the way to go. $15 (average) a pop gets you a great mag that's just as good as the $50 H&K mags. You may as well get the maglevel ones that have the see through window to see how much ammo is left. Ranger plates (by Magpul) are also recommended if you're going to carry them on you. ($15 per 3 pack)

Comment

• Originally posted by HEDP View Post

I like P-Mags:

J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8655 users online. 417 members and 8238 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X