Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my husband carries an AR15 and my 12 year old loves it so much hes buying her one also.

Comment

• I will give posting pics a try here, but not exactly sure if it will work right.

About a month ago I went to a gun show on a Sunday afternoon. I picked up a Spike's Tactical stripped lower from the Spike's rep for a really good price as it was the last one he had, as he really wanted to be sold out. He also sold me a lower parts kit, Magpul Mil-Spec CTR stock kit and Spike's heavy buffer for about $200. I also picked up a complete 16" flattop upper with mid-length gas system and F-marked FSB for an additional $465. When I got home, I immediately put it together.

Here is what it looks like: (I didn't size the pics correctly, so you may wish to right-click and "view image" to see the entire picture)

Spike's Tactical Middie:

Rollmark

T-marks

Barrel Marking The barrel comes with an A2 birdcage.

Feedramps

Gas Key Staking

Bolt You cannot see the spring in this picture, but it does have the black O-ring on it.

Front Sight Base It uses tapered pins.

Barrel Under FSB

Shrouded Firing Pin It is a full-auto BCG

I also added a New Century NcStar, Inc. AR-15 Flip Up Rear Sight
      and a New Century NcStar, Inc. D4RGB Dual Illumination Multi Reticle Sight
      that I picked up as a package deal at the gunshow for $60.

After putting it all together, I went out to the range and put about 300 rounds down range. I used a combination of milsurp 5.56 55gr FMJ, 62 gr penetrators, and commercial .223. The only "problem" I had, was not bringing more ammo to shoot.

This rifle shoots much better than the M16A1 I had in the service. I am very pleased with Spike's product, and will be doing a couple more of these rifles at a later date.

I hope this helps those who have questions about Spike's, as the people I talked with were both friendly and helpful.

SkeetKillr
      Last edited by SkeetKillr; 06-04-2011, 09:28 AM. Reason: for image clarity

Comment

• Thx for postin' SkeetKillr
        sounds like quite the deal!

Comment

• Originally posted by SkeetKillr View Post
          I will give posting pics a try here, but not exactly sure if it will work right.

About a month ago I went to a gun show on a Sunday afternoon. I picked up a Spike's Tactical stripped lower from the Spike's rep for a really good price as it was the last one he had, as he really wanted to be sold out. He also sold me a lower parts kit, Magpul Mil-Spec CTR stock kit and Spike's heavy buffer for about $200. I also picked up a complete 16" flattop upper with mid-length gas system and F-marked FSB for an additional $465. When I got home, I immediately put it together.

Here is what it looks like: (I didn't size the pics correctly, so you may wish to right-click and "view image" to see the entire picture)

Spike's Tactical Middie:

Rollmark

T-marks

Barrel Marking The barrel comes with an A2 birdcage.

Feedramps

Gas Key Staking

Bolt You cannot see the spring in this picture, but it does have the black O-ring on it.

Front Sight Base It uses tapered pins.

Barrel Under FSB

Shrouded Firing Pin It is a full-auto BCG

I also added a New Century NcStar, Inc. AR-15 Flip Up Rear Sight
          and a New Century NcStar, Inc. D4RGB Dual Illumination Multi Reticle Sight
          that I picked up as a package deal at the gunshow for $60.

After putting it all together, I went out to the range and put about 300 rounds down range. I used a combination of milsurp 5.56 55gr FMJ, 62 gr penetrators, and commercial .223. The only "problem" I had, was not bringing more ammo to shoot.

This rifle shoots much better than the M16A1 I had in the service. I am very pleased with Spike's product, and will be doing a couple more of these rifles at a later date.

I hope this helps those who have questions about Spike's, as the people I talked with were both friendly and helpful.

SkeetKillr
          Did you go to the Vero beach show? I know there was one in Tampa this weekend as well.
          Eat Meat, Build Mass!

www.centralfloridaammo.com

Comment

• Speaking of the Spike's tactical, I went to the gun show today and really liked one of their I believe lazered stripped lower receivers. I was at the gun show and didnt get anything I wanted. I saw the Elzetta flashlights which I forgot are really good but didnt want to cough up the cash. Im really liking the "Infidel" Spikes lower receiver.
            Last edited by Zurita210; 06-05-2011, 10:11 PM.

Comment

• No, I went to the Orlando show.

Comment

• Bcg

I am chomping at the bit to complete my AR build only waiting for a BCG. I am trying to be patient to wait for the Bravo Company to go with my BCM upper but if they don't come in soon I may be tempted to stray so to speak. Any advice as to suitable alternatives or should I just be patient?

Thanks for your assistance!

Comment

• I'm wanting an AR as well. I was looking on Bravo Company last night pricing some things and want to get the most for my $.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkeetKillr View Post
                    No, I went to the Orlando show.
                    Oh, I didn't see the about a month ago thing, duh! Orlando is a great show.
                    Eat Meat, Build Mass!

www.centralfloridaammo.com

Comment

• Originally posted by nhyp1 View Post
                      I am chomping at the bit to complete my AR build only waiting for a BCG. I am trying to be patient to wait for the Bravo Company to go with my BCM upper but if they don't come in soon I may be tempted to stray so to speak. Any advice as to suitable alternatives or should I just be patient?

Thanks for your assistance!
                      I recently purchased a Rainier Arms BCG http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=sho...roduct_id=2012 ($118 w/ LE discount) and was very impressed with it. The folks at Rainier are tops and I try to give them my money whenever it allows.
                      Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity

Comment

• Does anyone know how to figure which end cap works for what barrel? I have a standard barrel BCM and am looking to get this endcap in either 15/16" or 1 1/16" but I don't know how to figure out what I need. Thanks!
                        Pursuing the dream.

Awaiting the start of Academy... April 28th.

Comment

• Is that measurement for the inside diameter to clear the barrel? If so, a standard carbine barrel at the gas port is .750".
                          "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
                          -John Adams

Disclaimer: My statements are personal opinions, and in no way reflect those of my agency.

Comment

• When BCM, DD, and other major manufacturer's BCGs are sold out, as they frequently are, a reasonably priced and high quality alternative is the Rainier Arms Thunder Bolt BCG.

I was impressed with the quality when I received it last week. I plan to give it a workout on my Sunday (Wednesday) then let it sit as a backup to my BCM. I'll report anything unexpected.
                            Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity

Comment

• I have a ThunderBolt on my current 11.5" SBR. That thing is a bargain. It is everything every other BCG is, but for ~20% less cost. The cost after LE discount is $118. MPI, shotpeened, staked correctly, it's fantastic.
                              "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
                              -John Adams

Disclaimer: My statements are personal opinions, and in no way reflect those of my agency.

Comment

• Originally posted by nadler20 View Post
                                When BCM, DD, and other major manufacturer's BCGs are sold out, as they frequently are, a reasonably priced and high quality alternative is the Rainier Arms Thunder Bolt BCG.

I was impressed with the quality when I received it last week. I plan to give it a workout on my Sunday (Wednesday) then let it sit as a backup to my BCM. I'll report anything unexpected.
                                Thanks, I will await your report and put in my order. I so appreciate the resource you all offer.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4978 users online. 272 members and 4706 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X