Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So you want to buy an AR-15, huh?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Just ordered my BCM Bolt Carrier Group and Charging Handle!!!! I didn't realize the BCG was in stock! This is coming together sooner than I hoped!
    Pursuing the dream.


    Awaiting the start of Academy... April 28th.

    Comment


    • Yeah I ordered my upper and later that day received an email that the BCG was in. According to UPS they will be here on the same day. This will be a work rifle, so I too plan on an eotech and light, but haven't decided on what exactly I want yet. Need to learn more about the eotechs first.

      Comment


      • Speaking of eotech, I have been looking at the 512. I've seen it online for $380, is this a good price or should I keep looking? Also is there a different model I should be looking at?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by major g View Post
          Speaking of eotech, I have been looking at the 512. I've seen it online for $380, is this a good price or should I keep looking? Also is there a different model I should be looking at?
          You should look at the other models like the XPS 2-0 or XPS 3-0, another good one is the EXPS 3-0. The XPS 2-0 is way smaller and carries the battery elevated not flush with the upper receiver preventing the battery from getting damaged after firing the weapon. The XPS 3-0 is the same as the XPS 2-0 except is has Night Vision capabilities. The EXPS 3-0 is the one im looking at, its small with the battery elevated off of the upper receiver plus it has the on / off buttons on the side. The XPS models have the buttons on the back of the Eo Tech making hard to press them if you have something being the optic. Some guys buy the Eo Tech 3x magnifier and rides behind the EO Tech but have a hard time working the optic since the buttons are on the back of the Eo Tech. They are a little pricey, but im still looking.

          I got an Aimpoint on my first AR15 which I should be picking up at the end of next week. Im already working on building my next one. My first one was built by a sergeant froma police department but I want to build my next one. Ive read this thread over and over, I have also looked at other forums. Im really liking the BCM uppers...

          Comment


          • My upper came well-juiced and in top shape. Looks solid as hell and snapped right in w/ my RRA lower...

            Does anyone know if the Yankee Hill Machines quad rail works with the standard front sight base? I know some rails you have to get a rail-mounted front sight and some rails work with the standard front sight base. Thanks!

            http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Produ...HM-9634+FF+MID
            Pursuing the dream.


            Awaiting the start of Academy... April 28th.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Zurita210 View Post
              You should look at the other models like the XPS 2-0 or XPS 3-0, another good one is the EXPS 3-0. The XPS 2-0 is way smaller and carries the battery elevated not flush with the upper receiver preventing the battery from getting damaged after firing the weapon. The XPS 3-0 is the same as the XPS 2-0 except is has Night Vision capabilities. The EXPS 3-0 is the one im looking at, its small with the battery elevated off of the upper receiver plus it has the on / off buttons on the side. The XPS models have the buttons on the back of the Eo Tech making hard to press them if you have something being the optic. Some guys buy the Eo Tech 3x magnifier and rides behind the EO Tech but have a hard time working the optic since the buttons are on the back of the Eo Tech. They are a little pricey, but im still looking.

              I got an Aimpoint on my first AR15 which I should be picking up at the end of next week. Im already working on building my next one. My first one was built by a sergeant froma police department but I want to build my next one. Ive read this thread over and over, I have also looked at other forums. Im really liking the BCM uppers...
              If you don't need the NV then go with the EXPS 2-0. You can get it from opticsplanet under their OPMOD version or I just bought one from lapolicegear.com http://www.lapolicegear.com/eotech-nonnv-65-quick.html when they had a 15% off promo code.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by jjbledsoe View Post
                My upper came well-juiced and in top shape. Looks solid as hell and snapped right in w/ my RRA lower...

                Does anyone know if the Yankee Hill Machines quad rail works with the standard front sight base? I know some rails you have to get a rail-mounted front sight and some rails work with the standard front sight base. Thanks!

                http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Produ...HM-9634+FF+MID
                Found this:
                Instructions
                Looks like you use the existing FSB, but have to remove it for installation. Hope that helps, and that I am reading it correctly.

                Comment


                • Cool man, sounds like the FSB can be used after installation. Thanks for that link!!!
                  Pursuing the dream.


                  Awaiting the start of Academy... April 28th.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by jjbledsoe View Post
                    My upper came well-juiced and in top shape. Looks solid as hell and snapped right in w/ my RRA lower...

                    Does anyone know if the Yankee Hill Machines quad rail works with the standard front sight base? I know some rails you have to get a rail-mounted front sight and some rails work with the standard front sight base. Thanks!

                    http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Produ...HM-9634+FF+MID
                    If

                    Comment


                    • Yea, sorry JJBledsoe, I didnt know what I was thinking. I have yankee hill free floats on my AR15 too, but I removed the front fixed iron sight and replaced it with a Magpul flip up. Didnt like the A2 sight sticking up while looking through my optic.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by jjbledsoe View Post
                        Here's some fresh pics of the new arrival. Upper came all lubed and oiled up, it was beautiful! Solid as heck and snapped together flawlessly... I can't wait to get this thing finished! Sorry for the crap quality, I was shaking with excitement.









                        How much was your upper???? I looked at their site but it seems they are out of stock in a lot of things including uppers and lowers....

                        Comment


                        • But it does work with the stock FSB? Thanks for the info that's good to know. My upper was something like $415 with tax and shipping. You have to find the one(s) you want, and click "E-mail me when in stock". That's what I did. From my short experience monitoring, they've came in stock (my specific upper) 2 times in the past, say, 10 weeks. For about 2 days at a time. Just have to find what you want and they'll try to e-mail you when it comes in. Check the site daily though also, I was lucky last time - they forgot to e-mail but I was checking it anyways.
                          Pursuing the dream.


                          Awaiting the start of Academy... April 28th.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by jjbledsoe View Post
                            But it does work with the stock FSB? Thanks for the info that's good to know. My upper was something like $415 with tax and shipping. You have to find the one(s) you want, and click "E-mail me when in stock". That's what I did. From my short experience monitoring, they've came in stock (my specific upper) 2 times in the past, say, 10 weeks. For about 2 days at a time. Just have to find what you want and they'll try to e-mail you when it comes in. Check the site daily though also, I was lucky last time - they forgot to e-mail but I was checking it anyways.
                            Did you get the Gunfighter charging handle (large latch) to go with it?? What bolt carrier group did you get??? Im loking the stainless steel but most of them cost around $489. It doesn't show the prices for the lowers... How much are those??

                            Comment


                            • I got this BCG... It just went out of stock again so i'd say at least another 2 weeks but who knows with BCM. Might be tomorrow... I got the standard charging handle... I don't need one with a bigger latch. The lowers aren't in stock yet, but it says in May - let's hope that means soon!!! (Mine is RRA)
                              Pursuing the dream.


                              Awaiting the start of Academy... April 28th.

                              Comment


                              • Check G&R tactical for your lower if you are looking for a BCM. Thats where I got mine.
                                On a related note my BCG came today, everything else except the forearm should be here tomorrow.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8011 users online. 361 members and 7650 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X