Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds like a good plan jjbledsoe. On most 16" uppers the the flash suppressor will not be permanently mounted. You could check with BCM to confirm.

For a few bucks more, you could have a full floating rail and maybe gain some in accuracy.
    sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• Zep, I was under the impression the YHM Rails were free float? It says so in the title, "Tactical Free Float". Or does the "tactical" make it different?
      Pursuing the dream.

Awaiting the start of Academy... April 28th.

Comment

• I didn't see Free Floating or Floating in your description so I was under the impression that they were not.

Tactical is also a catch word for folks after the TactiCOOL LOOK Factor.
        sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• Originally posted by Surf View Post
          FWIW - I see absolutely no need for a chromed BCG...
          It has been my experience that a hard-chromed BCG is considerably easier to clean. In my current life, that doesn't really matter because I throw the whole thing in the sonic tank when I come home, but if I were going to run one hard and clean it in the field, I would definitely want the chromed unit.
          "Son, you are a walkin' violation of the laws of nature...But we don't enforce them laws."

I am just a country boy tryin' to make some sense
          But I'd like to ask the Congress, I'd like to ask the President
          "Can ya tell me where all the money went?"
          We might not be broke but we're badly bent!

The Tractors -- "Badly Bent" from the album Owner's Manual

"Common sense. So rare, it should be a super power." Exodus 259

Comment

• My agency is getting ready to order these. I think they are bad a--

http://www.phoenixlawenforcement.com...roducts_id=237
            "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Originally posted by HeadDoc View Post
              It has been my experience that a hard-chromed BCG is considerably easier to clean. In my current life, that doesn't really matter because I throw the whole thing in the sonic tank when I come home, but if I were going to run one hard and clean it in the field, I would definitely want the chromed unit.
              Does this mean the full entire BCG is chromed? Or just the innerds? Because I see different ones, like RRA's "chromed BCG" looks like it's chrome lined everywhere. BCG's on the other hand says chrome lined on the insides. Is there a big difference?
              Pursuing the dream.

Comment

• Originally posted by j706 View Post
                My agency is getting ready to order these. I think they are bad a--

http://www.phoenixlawenforcement.com...roducts_id=237

Yeah, that's pretty much sweetness. Still, I prefer fixed front sight bases... That's all I'm saying.
                J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jjbledsoe View Post
                  Does this mean the full entire BCG is chromed? Or just the innerds? Because I see different ones, like RRA's "chromed BCG" looks like it's chrome lined everywhere. BCG's on the other hand says chrome lined on the insides. Is there a big difference?
                  Nearly all BCGs are chrome-lined on the inside (at least, the good ones I would recommend are). But the ones I am saying aren't really worth the extra money are the ones that are COMPLETELY chromed, meaning inside AND out. They are "chrome plated", not "chrome-lined."

Since you are going to actually be USING the sights for a little while without an optic, I would suggest not going with the Magpul BUIS. It is truly a backup, and your accuracy may suffer from using it instead of a better unit like the LaRue BUIS or Daniel Defense 1.5. The DD is a bit cheaper than the LaRue. The Magpul will work, and probably work fine, but don't get upset that your rifle isn't as accurate as you had hoped as long as you are using the plastic flip sight.
                  J. Wise

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jwise View Post

Yeah, that's pretty much sweetness. Still, I prefer fixed front sight bases... That's all I'm saying.
                    I also prefer FSB. We are going with Aimpoints so the sights will be backups. I am going to ditch the rear sights for something different. I am also looking into the Surefire Micro suppressor. I understand they are not super quite but only add something like two inches to the OAL. I attended a training class last year with a 11.5" Colt. Shooting from inside a car and inside houses was serious. Talk about concussion and muzzle flash!! Suggestions anyone? I have never messed with suppressors. I would like to keep them as short as possible.
                    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• So sad here... I would of had my AR by now but sine I was laid off, im making small payments. Kind of like Lay-way LOL But soon ill have it.

Comment

As JWise said, the part that matters is on the inside. I wouldn't really pay extra for chroming on the entire thing but I think some companies just find it easier to chrome all of it. It does make the outside of the carrier easier to clean, but that isn't nearly so critical as on the inside.
                        "Son, you are a walkin' violation of the laws of nature...But we don't enforce them laws."

I am just a country boy tryin' to make some sense
                        But I'd like to ask the Congress, I'd like to ask the President
                        "Can ya tell me where all the money went?"
                        We might not be broke but we're badly bent!

The Tractors -- "Badly Bent" from the album Owner's Manual

"Common sense. So rare, it should be a super power." Exodus 259

Comment

• Originally posted by jwise View Post
                          Nearly all BCGs are chrome-lined on the inside (at least, the good ones I would recommend are). But the ones I am saying aren't really worth the extra money are the ones that are COMPLETELY chromed, meaning inside AND out. They are "chrome plated", not "chrome-lined."

Since you are going to actually be USING the sights for a little while without an optic, I would suggest not going with the Magpul BUIS. It is truly a backup, and your accuracy may suffer from using it instead of a better unit like the LaRue BUIS or Daniel Defense 1.5. The DD is a bit cheaper than the LaRue. The Magpul will work, and probably work fine, but don't get upset that your rifle isn't as accurate as you had hoped as long as you are using the plastic flip sight.
                          Thanks for clearing that up dude (and HeadDoc). Are you suggesting something like this DD sight? Does it "co-exist" (is that what you fellas call it?) if I were to get a dot or a scope? It's only $10 more and if it will make the difference between 1-2" groups and 3-4" groups i'm all in, as long as I can mount sights on it without removing it.
                          Pursuing the dream.

Comment

• The sight sits on the same plane as an A2 front sight post, as well as the DD front sight mount and most other BUIS front sights. The sights will co-witness with red dots if you have the proper mounts for the optic. Aimpoints and EOTechs (and some others) all have available mounts for either absolute co-witness or lower-1/3 co-witness, depending on your preference.
                            "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
                            -John Adams

Disclaimer: My statements are personal opinions, and in no way reflect those of my agency.

Comment

• Cool, thanks! And also, BCM has the F-marked FSB. I didn't really understand the explanation in the first post. I know one is .04" higher than the other one. Would that be a huge deal when sighting in for the first time? Would the rear sights be shipped to go with f-marked FSB's or the non-F's? Probably a dumb question but I really am clueless.
                              Pursuing the dream.

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up dude (and HeadDoc). Are you suggesting something like this DD sight? Does it "co-exist" (is that what you fellas call it?) if I were to get a dot or a scope? It's only $10 more and if it will make the difference between 1-2" groups and 3-4" groups i'm all in, as long as I can mount sights on it without removing it.

Yep, that's the one. It is a 25mm offset, so it is the same plane as the standard sight (it will work with the F-Marked front sight base.) The optic (1X, meaning zero magnification optic, like an Aimpoint or EOTech) will sit directly in front of the sight, and it will work perfectly together.
                                J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8706 users online. 426 members and 8280 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X