Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, here is how she ended up. I got a good price on a used Trijicon, but may replace that with an Eotech eventually. The fact that the Trijicon does not use batteries was persuasive.

Last edited by melissa5; 01-27-2011, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• What are the advantages of having a 14.5 mid length vs. a 16 mid length and visa versa? More specifically I'm looking at BCM and this would be mainly just for patrol and it has to be in the trunk.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZoomByU View Post
        What are the advantages of having a 14.5 mid length vs. a 16 mid length and visa versa? More specifically I'm looking at BCM and this would be mainly just for patrol and it has to be in the trunk.
        ==================================

I think the main advantage of a 16"ML over a 14.5"ML is being able to remove the FH at a later date, if need be.
        I don't think you'll notice the 1-1/2" longer barrel length or the weight of that 1-1/2" piece of barrel on the 16".
        They'll both fit in a 33" soft case.

I just like having the option to make changes without having to destroy the FH and having a new FH permanently installed. But this is just me...

Comment

• Originally posted by ZoomByU View Post
          What are the advantages of having a 14.5 mid length vs. a 16 mid length and visa versa? More specifically I'm looking at BCM and this would be mainly just for patrol and it has to be in the trunk.
          You might find the 14.5 more maneuverable in close quarters. That is the only reason I have heard for going with it over a 16.
          sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• My LaRue Tactical billet lower just came in!
            The LaRue LT-15 billet lower is a tank. It's solid, precise, and of an amazing build quality. This is one of the best lower receivers I've ever put my hands on. It's a fantastic platform for a build, and I can really see that there was some serious thought put into the design of the lower. I was concerned that the trigger guard might not be big enough, but it's just perfect. The contour is good, and there is metal taken out of the sides to allow better comfort for when I index my trigger finger. I can't wait to get this thing built. NFA paperwork is going in immediately, so I should have myself a sweet new rifle in about 4 months.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
            -John Adams

Disclaimer: My statements are personal opinions, and in no way reflect those of my agency.

Comment

• Very soon ill be able to post my AR15 on here!!! Just to give you a preview of the specs:
              Rock River Lower and Yankee Hill Machin upper
              Magpul rear and front flip ups
              Yankee hill free float quad rails
              Aimpoint optic (forgot the model)
              Magpul hand grip
              Magpul RVG
              CTR stock

Ill be sure to post up the full specs once I get it and post a pic of it along with my Glock 21 which needs company.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zurita210 View Post
                Very soon ill be able to post my AR15 on here!!! Just to give you a preview of the specs:
                Rock River Lower and Yankee Hill Machin upper
                Magpul rear and front flip ups
                Yankee hill free float quad rails
                Aimpoint optic (forgot the model)
                Magpul hand grip
                Magpul RVG
                CTR stock

Ill be sure to post up the full specs once I get it and post a pic of it along with my Glock 21 which needs company.
                Sounds like a pretty nice gun, I'm sure you'll be happy with it!
                Eat Meat, Build Mass!

www.centralfloridaammo.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitthegym View Post
                  Sounds like a pretty nice gun, I'm sure you'll be happy with it!
                  Im excited to get the finished product. Sergeant thats building it send me a pic of the upper. He's waiting on the optic and tac light. I almost feel like a proud father LOL Cant wait to run it at a range. Im also getting a PIG Plate carrier to go wit it.

Comment

• Awesome thread and great information JWise for a newbie to ARs. I haven't read the entire thread because...wow...that's alot. But I did read the beginning including the reviews, as well as, your pick.

I am definitely looking at CMMG now. Probably going to go the money saving route as well by ordering the full upper then the full lower. Assuming this means I can just slap these together and knock in the take-down pins. Probably a silly question, huh?

A few questions for you regarding your perferences and on some things I am considering:

I want to go with railed forearm but I didn't see your thoughts on the K9 rail offered. Decent or should I just stick with the standard handguards and add my rail preference after market?

I know you mentioned that you would not go with a 20". However, if you did, what specs/options would you select?

I believe I saw somewhere in this thread that you had some RRA triggers and stock triggers as well. What do you recommend for the CMMG?

Any thoughts on the Crimson Trace Laser/Light Combo Foregrip Sight?

I think that's enough for now. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harvdog View Post
                      Awesome thread and great information JWise for a newbie to ARs. I haven't read the entire thread because...wow...that's alot. But I did read the beginning including the reviews, as well as, your pick.

I am definitely looking at CMMG now. Probably going to go the money saving route as well by ordering the full upper then the full lower. Assuming this means I can just slap these together and knock in the take-down pins. Probably a silly question, huh?

A few questions for you regarding your perferences and on some things I am considering:

I want to go with railed forearm but I didn't see your thoughts on the K9 rail offered. Decent or should I just stick with the standard handguards and add my rail preference after market?

I know you mentioned that you would not go with a 20". However, if you did, what specs/options would you select?

I believe I saw somewhere in this thread that you had some RRA triggers and stock triggers as well. What do you recommend for the CMMG?

Any thoughts on the Crimson Trace Laser/Light Combo Foregrip Sight?

I think that's enough for now. Thanks in advance.
                      Unless you run into something odd, any AR15 Upper & Lower will mate together.

CMMG is ok, but you might want to look at others.

For a rail/handguard look at Apex Machine. They have some good free floaters that are mighty comfortable and you can hang stuff on them. http://www.apexcncmachine.com/store....chiningCompany

Triggers. RRA are you thinking about Match Trigger? The hammers on match triggers have a tendency to break. If this is for anything other than Match shooting I'd pass on the Match Trigger and any two stage triggers. The adjustable 2Stage Triggers are the worst for reliability. If you go with CMMG, their stock trigger is good and reliable, in fact most stock triggers are. They may not be real smooth, but they rarely break.

20" Barrell. Any particular reason for a 20?
                      sigpic

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• Originally posted by zeplin View Post
                        20" Barrell. Any particular reason for a 20?
                        Thanks for the reply. In terms of a 20", I haven't decided on anything yet just keeping my options open in case I want to also use it for deer or varmint hunting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harvdog View Post
                          Thanks for the reply. In terms of a 20", I haven't decided on anything yet just keeping my options open in case I want to also use it for deer or varmint hunting.
                          16" will work fine for both of those. I killed a doe at 190yds last year with mine.

Shooting at our hostage/bg target from 260yds I was banging the bg all over the place.
                          Last edited by zeplin; 02-23-2011, 11:41 AM.
                          sigpic

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• Thanks for all of the great advice. Just got the lower in today. Only thing left to add is an aimpoint, either T1 or PRO.

BCM Mid-16
                            Magpul MOE handguards
                            Magpul CTR
                            Magpul ASAP
                            Magpul MIAD grip (not installed yet)
                            Magpul MBUS
                            BCM gunfighter charging handle mod4 (medium)

Comment

• Looks nice Zoom! I'm with ya on the mid-length. I like the extra real estate...plus the longer sight radius it gives you. The stock I'm taking a liking to as well. Used think they were butt ugly... well... I still do, but they look like they might be more comfortable than most.

look forward to a range report.
                              sigpic

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• Originally posted by zeplin View Post
                                CMMG is ok, but you might want to look at others.
                                So what others are you recommending?

Maybe a Bushmaster A3M4 or S&W MP15 from my local Gander Mountain?
                                Last edited by Harvdog; 02-24-2011, 07:47 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7492 users online. 348 members and 7144 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X