Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by daspy21 View Post
    Works just fine in the Arizona Desert
    Hey no problem on everyones choices. I spent enough time crawling around in that damn desert to know darn well enough that tiger, or even woodland camo blended much better than FDE in AZ. There is too much greenery even is AZ.

In reality, the FDE or the greens aren't going to be the problem, it is the massive amount of black on the receivers and barrels that will stick out like a sore thumb to a trained observer. The furniture is just window dressing with that much black on the rifle and that is OK.

Oh, BTW 112* in May sucks *** in a ghillie. I musta drank 5 gallons of water and didn't **** one time. Everything either poked, burned, bit, or stung ya.
    The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

• A quick thanks to everyone that has participated in this thread and a Very Special Thanks to jwise for the contributions. I languished and studied AR-15 info until I thought I was going to bust and finally decided to make the plunge:

Cost me $970 and I got a Daniel Defense XV EZ - figured I saved enough to add goodies as needed and can upgrade.

http://www.danieldefense.com/?page=s...product_id=285

Now comes the next issue: optics.

Purpose: 1) varmint shooting when needed (coyotes, etc.) 2) general defense weapon

I need to be able to rapidly acquire target and most shooting will be at 75-100 yards with an occasional 200+ yards.

Suggestions? Good scope ring setup?

Anyone have any experience with the Laser Genetics green laser "flashlights"?

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by kbrown56 View Post
        A quick thanks to everyone that has participated in this thread and a Very Special Thanks to jwise for the contributions. I languished and studied AR-15 info until I thought I was going to bust and finally decided to make the plunge:

Cost me $970 and I got a Daniel Defense XV EZ - figured I saved enough to add goodies as needed and can upgrade.

http://www.danieldefense.com/?page=s...product_id=285

Purpose: 1) varmint shooting when needed (coyotes, etc.) 2) general defense weapon

I need to be able to rapidly acquire target and most shooting will be at 75-100 yards with an occasional 200+ yards.

Thanks!
        That's a great price for a DD! Where did you find one so cheap?
        The only time you can have too much ammunition is when you're swimming or on fire

Comment

• Originally posted by kbrown56 View Post

You can go a few different ways. These are two options that would rank high to me for your needs:

2.5-10X Nikon Monarch: $400-ish

1-4X Meopta K-Dot (illuminated reticle): $800-ish

Ummm... Why? What do you plan to use this "green laser flashlight" for?
          J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jwise View Post
            You can go a few different ways. These are two options that would rank high to me for your needs:

2.5-10X Nikon Monarch: $400-ish

1-4X Meopta K-Dot (illuminated reticle): $800-ish

Ummm... Why? What do you plan to use this "green laser flashlight" for?
            JWise, how about a thread dedicated to optics? "So you wanna buy some optics, huh?" Pretty please
            The only time you can have too much ammunition is when you're swimming or on fire

Comment

• Dude he talks about optics in this thread... Anyways getting ready to hit some tactical classes at the begining of the year. Jwise you should had seen me at the markmanship class with Cpl Stephenson, I tore it up. Baytown PD has some awesome TAC pistol and rifle classes coming up. Need to start stocking up on my ammo and saving up to get my AR.

Comment

• Originally posted by Surf View Post
                In reality, the FDE or the greens aren't going to be the problem, it is the massive amount of black on the receivers and barrels that will stick out like a sore thumb to a trained observer.
                Good to know.
                Unfortunately I do not have the artistic talent at paainting that some of you guys have exhibited
                "I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy." - unknown

Comment

• I read through this thread many times this summer and did a lot of research on my own. Based on all of that, I decided I wanted an LMT CQB MRP Defender 16. With the military discount on dsgarms.com, I could get it for right around $1600, and I've recently found a local shop that can get me about the same price. But I'll be honest, since this summer, I've become a little rusty on what I've read on here as well as the gas vs. piston topic, and now I have an opportunity to get my hands on a Sig 516 Patrol for about $1300 locally. Any thoughts for/against either of these firearms? I'm sure I can't go wrong with either, but would appreciate opinions on either/both. Thanks for refreshing my memory...

Comment

• Hey Jwise, could you make a youtube video on painting your rifles ? I remember a while back you or someone else posting pics.....just saying youtube would be great.
                    sigpicMy statements do not represent my agency.

Comment

• Hmmm.... I don't have a rifle I want to paint, and I don't think I'm going to have the time. Perhaps Blackdog wants to paint his AI?
                      J. Wise

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Cost me $970 and I got a Daniel Defense XV EZ - figured I saved enough to add goodies as needed and can upgrade.

Hey kbrown56 where did you get the price on this rifle? I would like to buy one at that price.

Comment

• Could you guys tell me if you think this is a good deal for the price?

S&W M&P-15T ~100 rounds fired
                          Tango Down VFG
                          EOTech 512.65A
                          7 P-Mags/1 USG mag
                          Troy rail system and Troy flip up battle sights.

$1400 OBO for the package.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=) This is Ninja Bunny.
                          (")_(")
                          Copy and paste Bunny into your
                          signature to help him gain world domination

Comment

• $1300 would be a great price. $1400 is a fair price. It really comes down to whether the features are what you would choose anyway, or if you're going to end up tossing them.
                            J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by CACBAND View Post
                              Could you guys tell me if you think this is a good deal for the price?

S&W M&P-15T ~100 rounds fired
                              Tango Down VFG
                              EOTech 512.65A
                              7 P-Mags/1 USG mag
                              Troy rail system and Troy flip up battle sights.

$1400 OBO for the package.
                              You might want to wait and purchase a new one after January. Two of my dealers have told me that AR prices will be falling like rocks after the first of the year.
                              sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• First, I would like to send a big "Thank you" to jwise and all of the participants in this great thread. Jwise, I took your advice and bought the Daniel Defense DDXV EZ. If you are still interested, I will send pics of the barrel markings, staking, and other stuff.

Kbrown56, where did you get yours at such a great price? The best I could do was $1025 out the door.

I have added the following to the DD:

Spec Ops THE Mamba (foliage green) so that I would have a choice of 1, 2, or 3 point configuration
                                Troy DOA flip up rear BUIS (flat dark earth) so that I would have the choice of co-witnessing with optics or not
                                Magpul XTM rail covers (black, foliage green, od green, flat dark earth) to protect the rails and give the rifle a little color. I think I fell in love with the dark earth rifle on the 1st page.

I'm still looking at lights and optics and need to finish reading the last half of the thread, so I won't ask any questions yet.

Thanks again.
                                Last edited by melissa5; 01-05-2011, 10:06 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5722 users online. 227 members and 5495 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X