Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just out of curiosity... Why not a Burris FastFire? I've never used or seen one, but they seem to be smaller, lighter, and cheaper than an EOTech. Are they not good quality?

Comment

• Finally got my project done.
      Colt 6920 LE

MAGPUL ROCKS !!!
      "I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy." - unknown

Comment

• does anyone have any info on the Del Ton RIA .223 ? looks like an AR clone. Have an "off list" lower, but it seems the cost of a build for a Ca legal AR costs more than the completed Del Ton rifle(Is it a US built ,or import clone? had a crappy Norinco M-4 awhile ago- WILL NEVER do that again!)
        "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

• Originally posted by DOAcop38 View Post
          does anyone have any info on the Del Ton RIA .223 ? looks like an AR clone. Have an "off list" lower, but it seems the cost of a build for a Ca legal AR costs more than the completed Del Ton rifle(Is it a US built ,or import clone? had a crappy Norinco M-4 awhile ago- WILL NEVER do that again!)
          Pretty sure DelTon is US built. Just be sure the front sight posts are 'F' stamped or you could have a heck of a time getting it sighted in.

Norinco/Chinese krap I wouldn't have. Chinese quality has come a long way in recent years, but I'll go with good ole US made anyday over ChiCom krap.
          sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• Del-ton is a company from Elizabethtown, NC. I currently have one of their lowers in use with a Stag Arms left handed upper. When I had a piece break during a class, I went down to visit them, and the fixed it free of charge for me.

Comment

• Howdy all.

I am still currently shopping for a AR. During my recent visit to one of the local shops I was shown a new manufacturer (Centurion Tactical based in Fla). They use Lothar Walter barrels and I am curious about them. From what I can tell they are 4140 and Lothar uses a proprietary method of making their own material. Has anybody had any issues with them?
              And speaking of proprietary, Centurion says it has a "Proprietary Internal Tensioning Nylon Tip Set Screw in Lower Receiver" any ideas about this? The gentleman I was speaking with didnt know a lot about the rifle (they are pretty new) so I came home and got on the web and did some research. IF any body wants to take a peak here is the linkhttp://www.centuriontac.com/index.html

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by dudegator View Post
                Howdy all.

And speaking of proprietary, Centurion says it has a "Proprietary Internal Tensioning Nylon Tip Set Screw in Lower Receiver" any ideas about this?
                Some uppers & lowers don't mate real tight. This is just another means of taking the slop out. I think this was originally an idea of Tactical Innovations. Buy quality and this sort of mickey mouse non-sense isn't necessary.
                sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• Originally posted by dudegator View Post
                  I am still currently shopping for a AR. During my recent visit to one of the local shops I was shown a new manufacturer (Centurion Tactical based in Fla). They use Lothar Walter barrels and I am curious about them. From what I can tell they are 4140 and Lothar uses a proprietary method of making their own material. Has anybody had any issues with them?
                  And speaking of proprietary, Centurion says it has a "Proprietary Internal Tensioning Nylon Tip Set Screw in Lower Receiver" any ideas about this? The gentleman I was speaking with didnt know a lot about the rifle (they are pretty new) so I came home and got on the web and did some research. IF any body wants to take a peak here is the linkhttp://www.centuriontac.com/index.html

Cheers
                  Here are the specs linked to:

CT-15PC Patrol Carbine
                  $1,750.00
                  16 inch 1/7 twist chrome lined Lothar Walther alloy barrel
                  A/O Full-Auto Bolt and Carrier Assembly with EXO Coating
                  Provides permanent lubrication for metal substrates
                  Lubrication free operation
                  40% Harder than hard chrome
                  Higher reliability in harsh environments such as sand/dust, saltwater, suppressed fire, frangible ammo, hot/cold environments
                  Low coefficient of friction
                  Easier to clean
                  M4 extended feeder ramps
                  Carbine length gas system
                  Young Manufacturing flash hider
                  Centurion Tactical upper and lower receiver made of 7075-T6511 Gen-2
                  Centurion Tactical Integrated Trigger Guard Assembly
                  Proprietary Internal Tensioning Nylon Tip Set Screw in Lower Receiver
                  Centurion Tactical Lower Parts Kit with EXO Coating (same as above)
                  Ergo Sure Grip
                  Badger Ordnance Tac-Latch Gen-1
                  Magpul MOE Carbine Stock
                  Magpul MBUS Rear Sight
                  Magpul MOE Handguard
                  Includes:
                  Condor Tactical Carrying Case
                  Owner's Manual
                  1 Magpul Pmag
                  Weight 6.1 lb. and 7 oz.

Seems pretty pricey to me. I'd rather have a handful of other rifles with a proven chrome-lined 4150 barrel than a Shaw 4140.
                  J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Thanks for the reply's and the information. I have another place or two I need to stop at before I buy.
                    To be fair the price for this gun in store was $1k and their basic rifle was $849. They do have decent M4 feed ramps and the gas pins are staked well. The front sight isn't marked with an "F". Will measure it today. For the life of me I cant remember how well the firing pin was shrouded. I will check that out today. But I will probably lean towards a more "stable" manufacturer.

Has anybody purchased a CMMG bargain bin rifle?

And may I ask why you called their Lothar a Shaw?

Thanks again

Comment

• Originally posted by daspy21 View Post

Finally got my project done.
                      Colt 6920 LE

MAGPUL ROCKS !!!
                      Which sling is that? Do you like it?
                      -------------------------------
                      You can't fix stupid, but you can arrest it. - LINY

"Their house, their rules. And when they get robbed, they can call 911 and ask them to send a hippie to protect them." - ateamer

Comment

• I wrapped up the build on this AR yesterday. Detailed break down in Beavo's thread here: http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...28#post2527228

-BCM 14.5 middy
                        -LMT lower
                        -AAC SPR/M4
                        -Troy TRX standard 11
                        -Daniel Defense Front sight
                        -Troy flip-up rear
                        -Surefire X300
                        -Aimpoint H-1
                        -Magpul BAD
                        -Blue Force Gear Redi-Mod
                        -Blue Force Gear VCAS sling

Last edited by nadler20; 10-17-2010, 12:05 AM.
                        Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity

Comment

• Very nice rifle Nadler. Some very fine choices in parts.
                          The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

• Hello all,

Does anyone use a magwell grip like the one sold here:

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ARR755-7.html

I have standard handguards so I don't have a foregrip, and the last few times at the range I find myself holding the rifle around the magwell. I actually like it, and I've had good groups using this hand hold arrangement, but I was wondering if any of ya'll use this method. It's only 20 somthing dollars so it wouldn't be that much of a waste if I don't like it, but I'd like to get some other's input.

Thanks in advanced
                            Ben

Comment

• Originally posted by Surf View Post
                              Hmmm, where have I seen that combo before? While I must admit that I own an FDE M4, it really isn't the most practical color for North America.

As for the mbus they are good, budget sights. While the MOE handguards provide better options than the stock set, they really aren't my thing. I have a black set that I don't use. Actually I put them on my son's Noveske, so they are his and not mine. But he is only 6, so I guess that really makes them mine.
                              Works just fine in the Arizona Desert

Comment

• Originally posted by Oddball-Six View Post
                                Which sling is that? Do you like it?
                                I got it locally at a gun shop here in AZ.
                                But the company who makes it has a link below
                                http://www.sogarmory.com/Product.asp...55&ParentId=-1
                                But when I bought it locally, I got a tan (ish) color. Their website does not show it to be available in tan. Only in black and od green.

then again, maybe I have od green and only see tan because perhaps I do not know my colors.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8438 users online. 390 members and 8048 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X