Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got the model with 7" rail with the fixed FSB and flip up rear sights.

All out the door for $1135 after tax including the $45 vertical grip I bought seperately. The gun store had a military/LEO discount going on the gun which was great because Smith and Wessons were often a little out of my price range.

Comment

• FYI....OMB EXPRESS in Olathe, KS has M&P AR15s for $760 offered up with a $100 rebate or 5 mags through Oct 3rd.......SO you could get a base M&P AR for $660, OR $760 with 5 mags ready to go...just sayin...
      "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
      The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
      sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
      Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

• Sounds like CS got the M&P 15X. LEO pricing from a LEO dealer is around $975 on the 15X rifle. I usually see standard pricing from $1050 to $1250 range. But if you don't have a LE dealer local, you will need to figure in shipping and maybe FFL fees, but might not have local sales tax.

Right now Smith and Wesson is offering a separate dealer rebate of $100 on M&P rifles. Might want to check on that.

Personally I don't care for 1/9 4140 barrels, but if you stay within 62gr or less and don't shoot the crap out of rifles, it will probably be gtg.
        Last edited by Surf; 07-31-2010, 03:12 PM.
        The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

• Originally posted by Surf View Post
          Sounds like CS got the M&P 15X. LEO pricing from a LEO dealer is around $975 on the 15X rifle. I usually see standard pricing from $1050 to $1250 range. But if you don't have a LE dealer local, you will need to figure in shipping and maybe FFL fees, but might not have local sales tax.

Right now Smith and Wesson is offering a separate dealer rebate of $100 on M&P rifles. Might want to check on that.

Personally I don't care for 1/9 4140 barrels, but if you stay within 62gr or less and don't shoot the crap out of rifles, it will probably be gtg.
          I don't use this rifle for work or anything so it works just fine for me. I also couldn't possibly pass up what I paid for it, my boss gave me an offer I couldn't refuse.
          Eat Meat, Build Mass!

www.centralfloridaammo.com

Comment

• Thanks to NORCOCOP, I've since found a slightly better deal on the DDM4V3 over the LMT CQB MRP, but I still have some questions. (The purpose of this rifle is for personal use - plinking/target/home defense.) Here they are in condensed form:

1. Pros/Cons for LMT MRP vs. DD rail system?

2. If I go LMT, the enhanced BCG for S/A and F/A are the same price, any reason to not go F/A? Should I even bother to upgrade?

3. Pros/Cons for battery storage systems in LMT SOPMOD vs. RRA Operator vs. Magpul ACS?

4. SureFire Millenium or Scout?

5. EOTech holosight + 3x magnifier or Meopta K-Dot?

6. Stock sights or CSAT + Tritium front sight? Any issues with the above sight/scope systems?

Thanks for the help!

Comment

• I just wrote out a detailed answer for all of your questions, then lost them. So, I'll re-hash:

1) MRP allows QD barrel changes.

2) Go with the FA BCG.

3) Batteries add weight, and change the balance of the rifle.

4) Either is a good option, especially if this is not for work.

5) For most users, the EOTech will be the better choice. For those who shoot a LOT of mid-distance courses, the K-Dot is the better choice.

6) CSAT sights are worth it if you have the scratch.
              J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Sweet. Thanks for the help jwise! I hadn't thought about the weight/balance issue with the batteries in the stock.

Would a SureFire X300 be a good enough (and cheaper) alternative to the two lights mentioned above?

Comment

• Originally posted by jwise View Post
                  I just wrote out a detailed answer for all of your questions, then lost them. So, I'll re-hash:

1) MRP allows QD barrel changes.

2) Go with the FA BCG.

3) Batteries add weight, and change the balance of the rifle.

4) Either is a good option, especially if this is not for work.

5) For most users, the EOTech will be the better choice. For those who shoot a LOT of mid-distance courses, the K-Dot is the better choice.

6) CSAT sights are worth it if you have the scratch.

A monolithic rail is a more stable mounting platform for optics.

Comment

• There is no down side to the Scout light.

Comment

• Thanks 101st! I appreciate the additional info on the rail system and scout light. I think I'm sold on the MRP now.

Anyone have an opinion on whether the X300 is a decent light for a carbine or should it be left to handguns? I'm thinking it might not have the same range as a weaponlight specifically designed and intended for a rifle?

Comment

• For CQB it is fine. If you want to light something up 150yds away, you will need a bigger light. That adds weight and changes the balance though.

Comment

• Figure one lumen per 1 yd of range; so a 60 lumen light is good for 60yds, etc... I run a 125 lumen light on my carbine, which is more than enough for nearly any police application. The X-300 should be fine.

The MRP is only THEORETICALLY more "stable" than a standard free-float rail system. In appication, they are equal. This, however, begs the question why you are mounting an optic on the railed forearm to begin with. I think that fad is over...
                          J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• I am now running X300's and TLR's on a few of my rifles, mostly my newest builds. They are brighter than most full size weapon lights and because of this and the weight savings these lights are becoming the norm on rifles. The X300 is 170 lumen LED and the 135 lumens in the TLR1 CREE C4 is a lot of light. They are about comparable in brightness but the TLR light is a "whiter" light. The X300 is definitely more durable in its build and has a superior switch.

I normally like a 12 O'clock mount in front of the front sight post, unless if it is an SBR like my work rifle or an SPR where the top mount would be in the way.
                            X300's

TLR1

TLR1's
                            The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

• Thanks for the rule of thumb on what a lumen rating actually corresponds to in application.

Nice pics, surf! I'm jealous. I can't wait to get mine! And I appreciate the examples of how you use your lights. I think I prefer the positioning in front of the front sight. I see one of your rifles has a vfg and most have the magpul fore grip - did you select them for different applications or appearance or something else?

Comment

• An option for a high quality light -

SureFire 6P with a Malkoff Device M61 Drop-In LED. American-made, 200+ lumens, 1-1/2 hour full brightness runtime, satisfaction warranty. www.malkoffdevices.com

I've got about 1300 rounds with mine mounted with no problems. Uses CR123 batteries and the 6P is a 1" aluminum tube body that will fit about 50+ different mounts. Personally, I use a Weaver low 1" scope ring ($20/pair) and I am completely satisfied with it-good solid mount that is easy to remove. For mounting a 6P, there are mounts out there where you can get as fancy as your wallet will allow.

Just an idea...
                                Last edited by ucrt; 08-05-2010, 10:15 PM. Reason: Clarity

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6947 users online. 342 members and 6605 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X