Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey everybody. First let me say thanks to everyone who has posted here. I have gained an amazing amount of knowledge just from this thread. I'm about to make the plunge into the world of AR15's, and have a couple questions.

First: Does anybody have any experience with Noveske's switchblock? I definitely want a suppressor, but it will probably be awhile before I can get one. The switchblock sounds like a good way to go unsuppressed for awhile and then swithch to suppressed without having to modify the rifle. It also claims to fix some of the issues that arise from using a suppressor.

Second: I am eyeing Noveske's 16" recce w/ switchblock as my rifle choice. I think the setup looks good to go, but would anybody recommend anything different if I plan on switching back and forth between suppressed and non-suppressed?

Here's the setup:
    16" Cold Hammer Forged 5.56mm Barrel
    --Made of Mil Spec M249 Machine Gun barrel steel, with heavy M249 Chrome Lining,
    (appx. 2 times as thick as an M4 or M16)
    --Extended Feed Ramps
    --Same weight as M4 barrel, 1 lb, 9 oz, but improved contour for maximum
    rigidity, no M203 notch
    --MP HP tested with certification
    --1 in 7" twist
    --Mil Spec Phosphate finish
    --Mid length gas system
    --1/2x28 threads
    --Switchblock pinned to barrel
    --Flip-up front and rear sights
    --Forged Vltor MUR upper receiver featuring an anti-rotation interface with the handguard
    --9" free floated handguard w/ 1913 rails
    --Shot peened and MP tested bolt
    --Auto carrier with properly staked carrier key
    --Forged charging handle
    --AAC 51T Blackout Flash Suppressor

Rifle includes above plus:
    --Forged Lower with:
    --Mil-Spec receiver extension
    --Noveske QD End Plate, staked
    --H Buffer
    --Vltor iMod Carbine stock
    --Tango Down pistol grip
    --One 30 rd mag included

Thanks for the info, and thanks to all the leo's for all you guys do.

Comment

• I guess I should add this is purely recreational shooting (gunrange once every couple months.)

Thanks guys.

Comment

• Just for comparison purposes between the two rifles I'm considering, here are the common and distinguishing features.

Common Features:
        1:7 Twist, 5.56 Hard Chrome Lined Chamber and Bore, M4 Feed Ramps, A2 Flash Hider

Distinguishing Features:
        LMT: $1598
        Barrel: Mil-Spec B11595E Steel
        FSB: F-Marked Rail Mounted
        Handguard: T-Marked Monolithic Rail
        Bolt Carrier: Std Semi-Auto
        Stock: 6-Pos SOPMOD
        Rear Sight: Tactical Adjustable
        Included: Sling, 1x 30rd mag, manual, 3x rail panels,torque wrench & driver

DD: $1429
        Barrel: Mil-Spec 4150 CHF Steel
        FSB: F-Marked
        Handguard: T-Marked 9in Free Float Omega X Rail
        Bolt Carrier: Full-Auto
        Stock: 5-Pos Magpul MOE
        Rear Sight: A1.5 Sight
        Included: DD vertical grip, Magpul enhanced trigger guard, 1x 30rd P-Mag, manual

Planned Accessories:
        Both: 2x P-Mags ($30), EOTech 557/3x magnifier ($800)-or- Meopta K-Dot/LaRue Mount ($1015), SureFire M961XM07/SR07 ($500)
        LMT: Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard ($20), additional P-Mag ($15)
        DD: Sling ($25), 2x Rail Covers ($25), RRA Operator CAR Stock ($150), ERGO Ambi Grip ($25)

Total Cost (Rifle plus Planned Accessories):
        LMT: $2963 (w/EOTech) -or- $3178 (w/Meopta)
        DD: $2984 (w/EOTech) -or- $3199 (w/Meopta)
        Last edited by ecu; 07-22-2010, 12:43 PM. Reason: Formatting

Comment

• To all you AR afficionados, please also chime in at Officer.com thread: Rate tools for AR-15 owners

Gratuitous AR pic
          Last edited by Bighead; 07-22-2010, 03:07 PM.
          "A fanatic is one who won't change his mind, and won't change the subject." -Winston Churchill

"I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts." -Will Rogers

"To desire to save these wolves in society may arise from benevolence, but it must be the benevolence of a child or a fool" -Henry Fielding

Comment

• ECU you can purchase the DDM$V# middlength upper from Addax for $840. There are several good gun shops in the St Louis area you can get a complete lower from for a good price and save hundreds of dollars. It requires no tools to slap the upper on the lower.

Comment

• Sweet! Nice find on the DDM4V3. Thanks for pointing that out.

PM sent re: STL.

Comment

• I've been reading around on the internet about Spikes Tactical. But, I was wondering what you guys on here thought about their products.

Comment

• I'm looking to get an AR-15. Not really willing to spend more than $1,200 or $1,300 initially for the gun. I'll definitely be doing some add-ons later, but I don't want to break my bank all at once.

I've been looking at the Stag Arms 2t Carbine. Anyone have experience with this gun? The only requirement I have is that I want the rifle to come with a quad rail.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyber_Saint View Post
                    I'm looking to get an AR-15. Not really willing to spend more than $1,200 or $1,300 initially for the gun. I'll definitely be doing some add-ons later, but I don't want to break my bank all at once.

I've been looking at the Stag Arms 2t Carbine. Anyone have experience with this gun? The only requirement I have is that I want the rifle to come with a quad rail.
                    Forget Stag.
                    sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• Is there are a reason for that? Bad quality? The reviews I read about the 2t were prety favorable.

Comment

• Quality is lacking.

Rock River Arms is well within your price range and they make decent stuff.
                        sigpic

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• Disregard. Just went out and bought a S&W M&P 15 w/ quad rail and vertical grip. Got it for under $1,100 with a LEO discount.

I was planning on looking at Rock River Arms, but the discounted M&P was too good to pass up.

Comment

• Smith & Wesson is good. You won't regret it. Post some pics later for us.
                            sigpic

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

Disregard. Just went out and bought a S&W M&P 15 w/ quad rail and vertical grip. Got it for under $1,100 with a LEO discount.

I was planning on looking at Rock River Arms, but the discounted M&P was too good to pass up.
                              I've got a Smith, I've put quite a few rounds through it so far and it's ran like a top. Did you get the model with the flip up Troy front and rear sights and the 10" rail, or the 7" rail with fixed FSB and flip up rear Troy sight?
                              Eat Meat, Build Mass!

www.centralfloridaammo.com

Comment

Disregard. Just went out and bought a S&W M&P 15 w/ quad rail and vertical grip. Got it for under $1,100 with a LEO discount.

I've got a Smith, I've put quite a few rounds through it so far and it's ran like a top. Did you get the model with the flip up Troy front and rear sights and the 10" rail, or the 7" rail with fixed FSB and flip up rear Troy sight?
                                Eat Meat, Build Mass!

www.centralfloridaammo.com

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12629 users online. 492 members and 12137 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X