Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bumpity bump....

jwise,

Still say this is a great thread.....Learned a ton on tha' black gun.....
    Originally posted by mookster
    Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
    Originally posted by CityCopDC
    I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
    Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
    I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
    -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

• Originally posted by asullivan View Post
      Bumpity bump....

jwise,

+10000

This thread was the beginning and main source of my AR knowledge. Pretty much have it memorized and refer back to it from time to time. Hats off to you jwise for sharing
      "You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."

Comment

• Oh yes, I wish I would have read this post b4 I bought my rifle. Jwise put out some great info here. Thank you again Jwise.

Comment

• double post
          Last edited by jaybird33081; 05-14-2010, 02:24 AM. Reason: double post

Comment

• Deleted...
            Last edited by Dirty Snake; 06-04-2010, 06:30 PM. Reason: Deleted

Comment

• Just FYI my doublestar lower (CMMG bargain bin) didn't accept Pmags without sanding down the sides of the magazines a little bit.

Besides that it was perfect.

Jwise--this was a good read and it was seeing you over on XDtalk that brought me over to this site and raised my interest in the LEO world which I have now chosen as my life's calling (now to get hired!).

Also, I can comfortably say that Bravo Company Manufacturing (BCM) tops my personal list of AR manufacturers and they are affordable to boot. If you decide to do a write up on BCM I can send you pictures. I have found 03designgroup to be a great resource for BCM info.

~Norinco
              Last edited by Norinco982lover; 05-27-2010, 08:05 AM.

Comment

• I tried the search function and nothing came up sooo. Anyone "reliable" have any real experience with spikes tactical ar's. They seem to have all the "boxes" checked and the middy upper is supper cheap at aimsurplus right now.

I already had my eye on a daniel defense DDm4v3 upper, but I can get all the same options for about half the cost with the spikes.

I am not using it for duty but I don't buy anything that is not duty ready or quality. It's not a deal if you have to buy it 2x or need an upgrade when you get serious.

By the my boss bought an m&p 15 from cabellas as a 5.56 nato and it ended up being a 5.45x39 when I was checking it to see how it was put together for him. He bought it slightly used and took it in pizzed. They had a brand new CMMG rifle length in stock and he took it.

It is a beauty and he was glad I had recommended he look at them months back based on this thread. It's funny people at work think I am some gun snob or guru because I ask if the gun they are about to buy meets the specs listed on page 1 of this thread. I even refer them to it they think I am some know it all now.

I got in trouble for asking if our Rock Rivers had chromed barrels added when they came in. It did not help when I mentioned the barrel twist (1/9) and why we went with the carbine gas system/semi bolt option

Comment

• Just bought an LMT defender 2000 gas-piston. Can't wait to try it out :-D

Comment

• In reply to the question about spike's tactical's ARs... all I know is their lowers are considered to be some of the best values out there. I am not sure about the uppers. I am pretty much turning into a BCM snob

~Norinco

Comment

• Jwise - ok, the fruits of your influence.. I am a long time reader, but only a recent member (now i can post)... I figured i would post my prides and joys... hope the attached files upload ok, I am kind of free forming it.. we will see how it goes...

the three gun pic:
                      TOP: BCM 16 inch mid length with daniels defense omega hand rail, eotech 512 and laser designator.. hot baby, cant recommend bcm enough!
                      MIDDLE: Plain old A2 from Dynamic Armament carbine length gas (yeah, i know, why an A2?, but I couldn't resist.. love the look)
                      BOTTOM: Noveske (upper and lower).. stainless 18 Inch SPR.. got the free stripped lower deal a few months back.. built the lowers for all three guns, which work great...

Also attached: Saiga AK (sorry, wrong thread, but you said this looked like a good one, if pricey.. in the AK thread.. again, i couldnt resist.. fires like a fine machine)

Bi pod Photo: Same Noveske SPR as above, dressed up (ain't barbie guns great) with Leupold AR 4-12x40mm Adj. Obj. T2 scope and bipod.. this one is very accurate! Also cyote brown theme (ergo grip, vltor emod stock, magpul low profile rail covers, pmags with pull loops...) Want to get a commenserate trigger upgrade.. any suggestions?

though I would share... Thanks for the help from this and the AK thread!
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by DamDoc; 05-26-2010, 07:56 PM.

Comment

• They look great, DamDoc!

Norinco982lover- you just made my day! So glad that a simple thing like a few words and pictures thrown together can lead you to one of life's highest callings! Good luck on your search.
                        J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by asullivan View Post
                          Bumpity bump....

jwise,

Thanks!
                          Last edited by jwise; 05-26-2010, 10:38 PM.
                          J. Wise

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Nice.
                            Best AR thread I've ever seen, on any forum.

jwise,

What do you think about the piston driven AR uppers? Also, how do you feel about the Sig 556? cdnninvestments.com is running a special right now where you get a free Sig 522 when you purchase a 556. Getting both a 556 patrol and a 522 'tactical plinker' for under $1500 is hard to pass up!

Comment

• Originally posted by Carbonfiberfoot View Post
                              Nice.
                              Best AR thread I've ever seen, on any forum.
                              Thank you.

What do you think about the piston driven AR uppers? Also, how do you feel about the Sig 556? cdnninvestments.com is running a special right now where you get a free Sig 522 when you purchase a 556. Getting both a 556 patrol and a 522 'tactical plinker' for under $1500 is hard to pass up!
                              I have tried to keep this thread on topic, without going into other platforms. Please either search the forum for my previous comments or start a new thread to discuss other rifles.
                              J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

• Hey guys! Has anyone used this tool before or is it even necessary? Its a gas tube cleaning brush by MI.

http://midwestindustriesinc.com/inde...ategory_id=145
                                -"He detested failure more than anything else, even betrayal. Betrayal required intelligence and ruthlessness, failure only stupidity or lack of concentration."
                                -Daniel Silva

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6428 users online. 262 members and 6166 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X