300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hitthegym View Post
    Looks very nice. How do you like your AFG?
    I'm really undecided on it actually. I do not have a lot of rifle experiance as this is my only one. At times it's perfect and other positions it's not practical. I do not have what I'd consider the right rail length to run it proper. I find myself tucking my off elbow into my chest area as opposed to having it fully extended and locked out as others shoot with the AFG.

Worth the 20 bucks I paid for it even if I end up taking it off of this rifle and putting it on another down the road.

Comment

• Originally posted by JEREMYG22 View Post
      To Jwise or anyone that uses it....where is a good place to pick up some of that tw25 lube for a cheap price online?
      I suppose you should just Google it... I don't have a preferred retailer.
      J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• I'm sorry if this has been covered in this thread so far, but I haven't seen it.

11.5" or 10.5" SBR? I can't justify paying $200 to go to 12.5", so 11.5 is going to be the longest I'll go. I'm currently looking at a BCM 11.5 BFH (Bbl forged hammer) or a Spike's 10.5" CHF (same thing different name). I've heard that 10.5 is much less reliable, but I just put 400 rounds through my friend's Spike's 10.5 upper the other day with no malfunctions. I was thinking maybe a Spike's 10.5 with a S.T.A.B. or a Noveske KX3 and a 9" LaRue or DD rail would be pretty awesome. There's also the Noveske 10.5 N4 Light Low Pro upper that looks pretty sweet, but a bit on the pricey side.

Any thoughts as to why an 11.5 over a 10.5? Also, sorry if this post is a little all over the place, I've been up for nearly 24 hours
        Eat Meat, Build Mass!

www.centralfloridaammo.com

Comment

• We are converting some of our Colt 14.5" M4A1's to the MK18 10.3's. We haven't had any issues with the factory Colt barrel conversions.

Your best off to stick between the 10"-13" range. 11.5 would be ideal also, however I wouldn't be afraid of a 10.5" unless if you plan on running it suppressed then I would stick with no less than 11.5". Of course in this range you need to be running an H buffer to begin with. Issues are often sorted out running an H2.
          The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

• Originally posted by Surf View Post
            We are converting some of our Colt 14.5" M4A1's to the MK18 10.3's. We haven't had any issues with the factory Colt barrel conversions.

Your best off to stick between the 10"-13" range. 11.5 would be ideal also, however I wouldn't be afraid of a 10.5" unless if you plan on running it suppressed then I would stick with no less than 11.5". Of course in this range you need to be running an H buffer to begin with. Issues are often sorted out running an H2.
            Yeah, I'm gonna be running an H2 buffer. I kinda want to put an M4-1000 on it, so I guess that settles that, haha. Thanks, man.
            Eat Meat, Build Mass!

www.centralfloridaammo.com

Comment

• Here is what I got. Keeping it simple

Colt 6920 LE- with Magpul MOE grip
              I will be chaning to a grip that does not need a gapper. Now to go and find one. Any suggestions?

Ruger LCP

Attached Files
              Last edited by daspy21; 04-20-2010, 10:23 PM.
              "I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy." - unknown

Comment

• You can purchase and add a trigger guard that will solve this issue, such as the Magpul Moe Trigger Guard or the Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard which solves the issue nicely.

Or you could go with a grip like the Magpul MIAD that has an integral trigger guard or the Stark grip.
                The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Comment

• Originally posted by Surf View Post
                  Or you could go with a grip like the Magpul MIAD that has an integral trigger guard or the Stark grip.

unfortunately the MIAD no longer comes with the trigger guard
                  NOTE: Integral trigger guard is no longer available

As soon as taxes get here.
                  Magpul MOE Stock
                  Magpul MOE vertical grip
                  Magpul MOE handguard
                  Magpul trigger guard

and perhaps if they are any good
                  Magpul MBUS sights

Edited to say, all in TAN
                  Last edited by daspy21; 04-21-2010, 12:59 AM. Reason: Edited to say, all in TAN

Comment

• Hmmm, where have I seen that combo before? While I must admit that I own an FDE M4, it really isn't the most practical color for North America.

As for the mbus they are good, budget sights. While the MOE handguards provide better options than the stock set, they really aren't my thing. I have a black set that I don't use. Actually I put them on my son's Noveske, so they are his and not mine. But he is only 6, so I guess that really makes them mine.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Comment

• Oh snap !!! my mags are all in black
                      Last edited by daspy21; 04-21-2010, 08:24 PM.

Comment

• i finally got some time to take the rifle out for its maiden shoot. fired about 150 rounds using blackdog's rifle break in procedure. it went awesome. zero malfunctions or issues. it was a good day
                        If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                        Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• What do you think about LWRC ARs?

Also, does the same info apply to 6.8 rifles? (such as the 1 in 7" twist)
                          "You may not like guns. You may choose not to own one. That is your right. You might not believe in God. That is your choice. However, if someone breaks into your home at 3AM the first two things you are going to do are: 1) Call someone with a gun. 2) Pray they get there in time." - A wise man

Comment

• Originally posted by NIS350ZTT View Post
                            What do you think about LWRC ARs?
                            Totally different topic. Feel free to start a new thread to discuss this issue.

Also, does the same info apply to 6.8 rifles? (such as the 1 in 7" twist)
                            Absolutely not. Again, please feel free to start a new thread to discuss this issue.
                            J. Wise

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Wooohooo I can finally post here.

I am curious to know why Double Star products have not been reviewed in this thread? I really did not see them mentioned that much? The reason why I am asking is because I came across an insane deal on a DS (Double Star from here on out) for $450. I sent the website an email asking for more information but have not heard back yet. It may be a bait tactic to get people to his website. I dont know.. The kits are currently out of stock but he is taking orders for more and I cant really see them being offered at that price. Here is the link. http://evilblackrifleshop.com/eshop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=65
                              I am currently shopping for an AR for personal use and am really shopping for that bargain. I would not mind buying a kit if I can save a few hundred dollars Most of the local gun shops where I live when I ask them about some of the things I have read from this thread they just look at me and scratch their heads. I think they are more interested in selling their stock that they get bulk deals on. I am just looking for a basic gun right now and over time I will let it evolve into how I want it to.

So tell me what you guys think of DS?

And where are the best deal on line for complete uppers and lowers? Kits? I have been searching and searching. CDNN has some real good prices and a good deal on a CMMG $800 plus FFL and shipping and you get lots of freebies.

Cheers and thanks for having me

Comment

• Doublestar puts out fine quality as far as I know. Plenty of people at AR15.com buy their lowers for building custom rifles, and their other parts are quality built as well.

The problem is, there are tons of kits and models, each with its own feature-set. This makes it difficult to evaluate.

Here's an example of a kit I found online:

The kit is brand new, only fired at the factory after the upper was assembled and headspaced. Here are some of the other specifications:

16" Standard weight Choromoly Wilson M4 barrel (not chrome-lined) with 1:9 twist. Ready to add your M203 grenade launcher.

Bolt and Bolt carrier (staked)

Charging handle

M4 hand guard with double heat shields

A2 birdcage flash hider

Factory assembled Flat Top upper receiver

Buffer and buffer spring

6-position collapsible stock

DSC lower parts kit with standard pistol grip

Anyone who has read the first page of this thread can quickly evaluate the above feature-set on their own.
                                J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5669 users online. 212 members and 5457 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X