X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very nice, indeed....
    J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Yet another quick question.

Are BCG interchangeable? I've heard conflicting things on a other site.

If I were to pick up a BCM BCG as a spare will it work fine?

Some say no as the headspacing needs to be checked by a GS first.

Comment

• Originally posted by jak77 View Post
        which type of lube do you prefer and find works well? I know the old standby is breakfree CLP but have heard of many raving about slip200 EWL. pros and cons for each? Ive also seen breakfree LP, would this lubricate better than the normal CLP?

The following are just my own observations:

If CLP serves you well (as it does for many people), then by all means, continue using it. Slip 2000 is excellent stuff though - costs slightly more than a conventional lubricant (probably an issue if budget constraints are limiting your choices). That's the only "con" I know of for Slip 2000 EWL - other than that, it works quite well.

I have used Slip 2000 on my handguns and rifles with no issues - the lube stays "put" for the most part and doesn't "burn off" as quickly compared to regular oil/lube IMHO.

I personally like the synthetic properties in Slip 2000 EWL (doesn't appear to evaporate as easily as other oils do over long periods of time/storage):

http://www.slip2000.com/slip2000-EWL.html

YMMV
        Officer Down Memorial Page

Comment

• would there be any harm done in cleaning with CLP then lubing with Slip2000 between cleanings as needed to keep the gun running wet? Bad to mix or not?
          "You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."

Comment

• No problem with that.
            J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Good deal
              "You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."

Comment

• Just wanted to update.

I took my 6940 to the range the other day. Out of the box it's far more accurate then I am. Fired about 200 rounds at the public range.

Out of the box with a Troy RS I was on paper at 50 yards on a 50 yard zero target. I think I'm good on the rear sight but I need to bring the front down about 3 MOA's still at 50. Not really easy on this particular public range to get the rifle zero'd.

Thanks again for the help.

Comment

• I have found the 6940's to be good for around 2MOA or just sub 2MOA out of the box.
                  The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

• After shooting mine a lot, I've noticed the square cage the sight sits in (A3) is twisted to the left. The spring tension will not let me keep it straight. Is there any solution to this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Drum Roast View Post
                      After shooting mine a lot, I've noticed the square cage the sight sits in (A3) is twisted to the left. The spring tension will not let me keep it straight. Is there any solution to this?
                      It is designed to be that way. Don't worry about it.

Comment

• LaRue Tactical OBR "Light" coming soon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgZCCcmhVMs
                        -"He detested failure more than anything else, even betrayal. Betrayal required intelligence and ruthlessness, failure only stupidity or lack of concentration."
                        -Daniel Silva

Comment

• Keeping my first rifle simple is out the window now.

Ordered a TA33GH today along with a GG&G QD mount for it. Hopefully will be here early next week and I can get some time at the range with it.

The good news I suppose (if you ask the wife) is I'm DONE with this AR for now. And it's pretty much zapped all my spending money. Maybe down the road it'll get a magpul stock but nothing for awhile.

Sometime next year I want to start putting together an AR-10.

AR's are like potato chips...you cant have just one as I've found out.

Comment

• Colt 6940 with ACOG TA33GH and a few extra bits. This rifle is done for awhile. Thanks for all the help.

[/

Comment

• To Jwise or anyone that uses it....where is a good place to pick up some of that tw25 lube for a cheap price online?

Comment

• Looks very nice. How do you like your AFG?
                                Eat Meat, Build Mass!

www.centralfloridaammo.com

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9991 users online. 472 members and 9519 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X