300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Name Taken View Post
    After much debate and much searching...I ended up with a 6940 today. Got it for under 1400 which was as good of a price that I could find locally.

They had a 20 there but I figured I'd grab the 40 despite my lack of interest in the fold down front sight. After toying with it for a bit it seemed really study and as a BUIS I do not plan on using it much.

Now to start the "build". Going with K.I.S.S. with a light, VFG, and a Eotech or Aimpoint.

I'll post pictures up when I get it after the paperwork goes through.
    I don't mean to be rude at all, but a Colt 6940 with a light, VFG, and a red dot optic is not exactly what most people would call "K.I.S.S."
    J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by nathanttu View Post
      what kinda vertical foregrip is that?
      Tango Down short VFG:

Find it HERE.
      J. Wise

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jwise View Post
        I don't mean to be rude at all, but a Colt 6940 with a light, VFG, and a red dot optic is not exactly what most people would call "K.I.S.S."
        I smirked when I typed that the first time...the smiley face just didnt get posted.

It's a personal weapon not for work. It's going to be a slow work in progress as far as the "add ons".

Comment

Tango Down short VFG:

Find it HERE.
          thanks, those are slick.

Comment

• Colt LE6920

Originally posted by NavyDavy View Post
            Colt LE6920 M4 Law Enforcement Carbine - .223/5.56mm
            Price $1149.95
            http://www.topgunsupply.com/colt-le6...223-556mm.html

Colt LE6940 M4 Law Enforcement Carbine with Monolithic Rail
            Price $1539.95
            http://www.topgunsupply.com/colt-le6...23-5.56mm.html

Comment

• Ordered a Colt 6920

Thank-you very much NavyDavy for the info. Just got word from UPS that my LE6920 should arrive no later than tomarrow!!! Orded it from Thomas at Top Gun Supply. I used the link you provided above. I don't find the 6920 no cheaper than $1399 from any of the gun shops in my area! That freaked me out. None of 'em would budge one dollar! Called Tom yesterday, and bang, it should arrive tomorrow. Tom was very nice and helpful. Total price which included S&H: $1174.95. For the LE6920???? Wow what a price!!! Again, tyvm for your help NavyDavy! I greatly appreciate all you do here JWise!!!! Ordered an AK-47 a few days ago, and now I'll have a Colt Black Rifle in my hands tomorrow!!!! Take care and God bless Bros!

Comment

• SEE LINK http://www.phoenixlawenforcement.com/
                COLT 6920 $ 1120.00 DELIVERED & 6940 $1345 DELIVERED

Comment

• Gents, I appreciate all of your contributions to this site. It has been unbelievably helpful!

JWISE, I took a look at the Colt LE6920 and my guess is that it will only accept a 7 inch rail. I was looking for a minimum of a 9 inch so I'm out of luck unless I go with the DD M4 Rail 12.0 FSPM (Midlength) which is quite pricey at $350. For about the same price, I could buy a DDM4v3 instead. I've been interested in the Colt's due to their quality and my belief in their long-term value and appreciation potential. What are the pros and cons as you see them in this scenario?

I apologize if this is a repeat question, but do you believe the Noveske N4 Light Recce FSR 16" is worth its cost? Do you believe that this rifle will hold its value as well as a Colt will? I very much appreciate your input.

Comment

• Low pro gas block = 9" rail.

Same initial design as the 6920

Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity

Comment

• Originally posted by TaskForce20 View Post
                      JWISE, I took a look at the Colt LE6920 and my guess is that it will only accept a 7 inch rail. I was looking for a minimum of a 9 inch
                      Why?

I've been interested in the Colt's due to their quality and my belief in their long-term value and appreciation potential. What are the pros and cons as you see them in this scenario?
                      If this is your first rifle, you will need to put thousands of rounds through it in training and run it hard. You will train with it, you will fight with it, and you will scratch it. This is not an investment in capital, but in survival.

If this was your third or fourth rifle, the issue of appreciation may legitimately be raised. Otherwise, forget it...

I apologize if this is a repeat question, but do you believe the Noveske N4 Light Recce FSR 16" is worth its cost?
                      N4 Light Recce FSR 16"

16.1" Cold Hammer Forged Barrel, 1 in 7" twist, 5.56mm
                      --Made of Mil Spec M249 Machine Gun barrel steel, with heavy M249 Chrome Lining,
                      (appx. 2 times as thick as an M4 or M16)
                      --Extended Feed Ramps
                      --Mil Spec Phosphate finish
                      --MP HP tested with certification
                      --Mid-Length gas system, no M203 notch
                      --Shot peened and MP tested bolt
                      --Properly staked carrier key
                      --Auto carrier
                      --Mil-Spec receiver extension, staked
                      --H Buffer
                      --Vltor Carbine buttstock
                      --Tango Down pistol grip
                      --Forged Vltor MUR upper receiver featuring an anti-rotation interface with the handguard
                      --9" free floated handguard w/ 1913 rails
                      --F marked front sight pinned to barrel
                      --Flip-up rear sight
                      --Noveske QD End Plate
                      --One 30 rd mag included
                      --7 lb. 1 oz.

$1990.00

Do I think its a "value?" No. Do I think its worth the money? Yes. Do I think there are other rifle options that would accomplish your mission objectives, but cost much less? A resounding 'YES!'
                      J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

Why?

If this is your first rifle, you will need to put thousands of rounds through it in training and run it hard. You will train with it, you will fight with it, and you will scratch it. This is not an investment in capital, but in survival.

If this was your third or fourth rifle, the issue of appreciation may legitimately be raised. Otherwise, forget it...

N4 Light Recce FSR 16"

16.1" Cold Hammer Forged Barrel, 1 in 7" twist, 5.56mm
                        --Made of Mil Spec M249 Machine Gun barrel steel, with heavy M249 Chrome Lining,
                        (appx. 2 times as thick as an M4 or M16)
                        --Extended Feed Ramps
                        --Mil Spec Phosphate finish
                        --MP HP tested with certification
                        --Mid-Length gas system, no M203 notch
                        --Shot peened and MP tested bolt
                        --Properly staked carrier key
                        --Auto carrier
                        --Mil-Spec receiver extension, staked
                        --H Buffer
                        --Vltor Carbine buttstock
                        --Tango Down pistol grip
                        --Forged Vltor MUR upper receiver featuring an anti-rotation interface with the handguard
                        --9" free floated handguard w/ 1913 rails
                        --F marked front sight pinned to barrel
                        --Flip-up rear sight
                        --Noveske QD End Plate
                        --One 30 rd mag included
                        --7 lb. 1 oz.

$1990.00

Do I think its a "value?" No. Do I think its worth the money? Yes. Do I think there are other rifle options that would accomplish your mission objectives, but cost much less? A resounding 'YES!'
                        JWISE, I appreciate the no BS view point you've brought to the table. However, assuming that this was your 5th rifle, what has your experience been with the value of these 3 weapons?

The 9 inch rail will allow me to mount a TD grip and tac light further up the gun. From my handling of several weapons, this seems to work best for me.

One other topic that I have not seen mentioned is rifle weight. The N14 without optics is just over 7 lbs. The Colt LE6920 is 5.65 lbs. (ex rails). Can't find any weight stats on the DDM4V3. Clearly, weight should be kept to a minimum without compromising rifle quality and the accessories needed to accomplish your mission. Have you ever weighed your favorite fighting rifle or have a preference for weight? Any accessory combination that keeps weight to a minimum? Thanks brother.

Comment

• Colt is going to have the best resale over time. However, if Noveske stops making rifles, then that could become something of a collector's item.

The Daniel Defense is only known to the hardcore AR enthusiasts, but doesn't demand the premium of the Noveske. So, it probably won't fare as well as either the Colt or the Noveske.

Which would I get if resale was a concern? Colt.

Weight is difficult, as I don't have a scale that works well.
                          J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TaskForce20 View Post
                            Gents, I appreciate all of your contributions to this site. It has been unbelievably helpful!

JWISE, I took a look at the Colt LE6920 and my guess is that it will only accept a 7 inch rail. I was looking for a minimum of a 9 inch so I'm out of luck unless I go with the DD M4 Rail 12.0 FSPM (Midlength) which is quite pricey at $350. For about the same price, I could buy a DDM4v3 instead. I've been interested in the Colt's due to their quality and my belief in their long-term value and appreciation potential. What are the pros and cons as you see them in this scenario?

I apologize if this is a repeat question, but do you believe the Noveske N4 Light Recce FSR 16" is worth its cost? Do you believe that this rifle will hold its value as well as a Colt will? I very much appreciate your input.
                            You have several options in rails for the 6920. I put numerous DD 12.0 Omega X rails on weapons, about 3-4 per weekend since they have gone on sale for the last few months at Bravo Company. I always order 4 or so at a time when they have them in stock and they are in stock as I type this. Regular price $350, sale price $179 http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Danie...dd%2010005.htm

For Colts, they will always hold a good value and demand premium pricing. They are the standard that most compare their rifles too. In the last 2-3 years there have been several companies who manufacture top notch rifles easily on par with Colt. These include Knights, Noveske, Bravo Company, Daniel Defense, Larue and a few other smaller makers.

As far as Noveske goes, I would consider them the Ferrari of AR/M4/M16 type rifles. Their barrels are unmatched IMO and the build quality is tops. I absolutely love Noveske rifles and they are consider to be in the cream of the crop.

If you wanted a Noveske you could buy a complete upper, get the free blem lower (current offer) and build the lower for a good savings.

My favorite of my 3 Noveske rifles. 18"SS Noveske barrel. Good for .5MOA with 75gr Hornady Tap.
                            Last edited by Surf; 02-24-2010, 12:00 AM.
                            The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

• Just got my cmmg in. now for the rest.Iwas looking at the omega-x12.0 fsp Rail (nice price) but it looks to long. (cmmg M4LE as you can see im a neweee.Read this forum about 3 time.(great info)

Dirty Snake
                              Last edited by Dirty Snake; 02-24-2010, 01:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Surf View Post
                                You have several options in rails for the 6920. I put numerous DD 12.0 Omega X rails on weapons, about 3-4 per weekend since they have gone on sale for the last few months at Bravo Company. I always order 4 or so at a time when they have them in stock and they are in stock as I type this. Regular price $350, sale price $179 http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Danie...dd%2010005.htm

For Colts, they will always hold a good value and demand premium pricing. They are the standard that most compare their rifles too. In the last 2-3 years there have been several companies who manufacture top notch rifles easily on par with Colt. These include Knights, Noveske, Bravo Company, Daniel Defense, Larue and a few other smaller makers.

As far as Noveske goes, I would consider them the Ferrari of AR/M4/M16 type rifles. Their barrels are unmatched IMO and the build quality is tops. I absolutely love Noveske rifles and they are consider to be in the cream of the crop.

If you wanted a Noveske you could buy a complete upper, get the free blem lower (current offer) and build the lower for a good savings.

My favorite of my 3 Noveske rifles. 18"SS Noveske barrel. Good for .5MOA with 75gr Hornady Tap.
                                She's a beauty Surf. Thanks for the call out on Noveske, and would love to see your other 2 rifles. However, I'm curious if you or JWISE had to choose between KAC and Noveske ($$ not being a factor), which would you consider the superior quality rifle? It looks like KAC won a decent contract from the Army for the SR-M110-SASS. Thanks again.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9080 users online. 427 members and 8653 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X