Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have learned soooo very much from you all! This thread has been the best that I have ever read! Thank-you very much. God bless Bros!!!

Comment

• (Posted in the rail thread below but it's gettin no action so: )

Any suggestions on a short rail? Looked around online but can't tell the good from not so good. A recommendation would be great!
      Thanks!

Comment

• Knights Armament rails are good to go and have come down in price especially if you can find them used.

Daniel Defense Omega rails are drop in free float rails and have recieved alot of good reviews from end users.

Lare rails are good to go as well. I have yet to hear a bad thing about them. They do require removal ofo the muzzle device and front sight post however.

Good Luck

Comment

• Originally posted by DeputyDuc View Post
          (Posted in the rail thread below but it's gettin no action so: )

Any suggestions on a short rail? Looked around online but can't tell the good from not so good. A recommendation would be great!
          Thanks!
          If by "short" you mean a carbine-length railed forearm, I'd suggest a Troy MRF-C, or a Daniel Defense Omega rail.
          J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Has anyone saw the Rock River RRA LAR-15 Elite Operator. I ran across it on their site. What do you think about it? Does it look like a good rifle? My wife is buying me a birthday present and she said pick it out. I don't want to go overboard but I would like a good rifle. It will not be a duty rifle, mainly plinking but if needed be something I could depend on. I've been searching and there are just to many out there. Not many deals that I can find but I'm looking.

Comment

• Rock River RRA LAR-15 Elite Operator:

While its got a lot of "cool" stuff, the most important part on your rifle is the barrel. The barrel is 1:9 chrome-moly, and it probably is a heavy profile under the handguards like the majority of RRA rifles.
              Last edited by jwise; 02-04-2010, 07:21 PM.
              J. Wise

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jwise View Post
                Rock River RRA LAR-15 Elite Operator:
                Weird looking trigger guard. Huge.
                Alot bigger than a Magpul Winter Guard.

Maybe it's for people who use the 2-finger method.
                Last edited by cryhavoc; 02-04-2010, 07:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cryhavoc View Post
                  Weird looking trigger guard. Huge.

I guess that's for people who use the 2-finger method.
                  Or for people who wear gloves.
                  "You won't rise to the occasion - you'll default to your level of training." Barrett Tillman

"Success is not Final, Failure is not Fatal, it is the Courage to Continue that Counts" Sir Winston Churchill

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

Comment

• The barrel was the main thing I wasn't crazy about. I am getting my FFL guy to see if the barrel can be exchange for either the chrome lined or stainless. I liked the two stage trigger and the free float half quad hand guard. I was weighing the options on the total price with the options compared to what the cost of a rifle then adding a little better trigger and quad rail. I'm just trying to get the best for the money. I would like to spend less than $1000, would I be better finding a lower priced rifle and adding the extras? The only problem is I don't see any lower priced rifles. I would be all for building one but the prices I've been able to find are very reasonable. I may be looking in the wrong places not place. I value this boards recommendations, just looking for some input so I don't regret my investment.
                    Last edited by bronc; 02-04-2010, 08:20 PM.

Comment

• ooooooooooooooops
                      sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

• So what's your take on Doublestar rifles?

http://www.star15.com/home.html

Comment

• Originally posted by dadyswat View Post
                          So what's your take on Doublestar rifles?

http://www.star15.com/home.html
                          First problem:

Originally posted by Doublestar website
                          16" 1x9 twist, chrome moly lightweight barrell.
                          Not to mention they don't know how to spell 'barrel.'

Remember, "Chrome-Moly" does NOT mean chrome-lined.
                          J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by bronc View Post
                            The barrel was the main thing I wasn't crazy about. I am getting my FFL guy to see if the barrel can be exchange for either the chrome lined or stainless. I liked the two stage trigger and the free float half quad hand guard. I was weighing the options on the total price with the options compared to what the cost of a rifle then adding a little better trigger and quad rail. I'm just trying to get the best for the money.
                            I will simply reiterate what I stated on pg. 1:

The barrel is the heart of the rifle.
                            Last edited by jwise; 02-08-2010, 03:10 PM.
                            J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

• After much debate and much searching...I ended up with a 6940 today. Got it for under 1400 which was as good of a price that I could find locally.

They had a 20 there but I figured I'd grab the 40 despite my lack of interest in the fold down front sight. After toying with it for a bit it seemed really study and as a BUIS I do not plan on using it much.

Now to start the "build". Going with K.I.S.S. with a light, VFG, and a Eotech or Aimpoint.

I'll post pictures up when I get it after the paperwork goes through.

Comment

• Originally posted by Surf View Post
                                The carbine size DD Omega rail is a good rail and easy to install. I like to get pretty far out on my support hand so I like a longer rail, but that is my personal preference that fits my shooting style.

This is how my hand placement looks. Obviously I cannot achieve this grip with a carbine length rail without burning my hand. This is a 16" barrel with a 12" Troy rail.
                                what kinda vertical foregrip is that?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6841 users online. 368 members and 6473 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X